an introduction

Moderator: Mike Everman

paulj
Antipspambot question: 0

an introduction

Post by paulj » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:16 pm

Hi chaps, firstly thanks to admin for letting me join, sorry to mike and Tom for being a pain in the A$$ for badgering them for the past few hours for pushing them to get my account activated.

a little history about myself:-

many of you may know me already from my old website microjets.co.uk which is now redundant as the host let it go and i wasn't in a position to keep it running although i do still have my old website http://www.geocities.com/pdj15 which concentrates on the KJ66, phoenix turbines and JPX T240

my first engine was a KJ66 which i built, then owned a phoenix MK4, another KJ66 (first engine i flew) phoenix panther prototype (second engine i flew) and then phoenix super panther which is unflown
i now only have the phoenix super panther rated at 18lbs thrust, although do sort of own the phoenix panther prototype which Phill Heward has at his workshop.....i must loose it in my pocket next time i'm down heh heh.

for many years (while Phill Heward worked there) i maintained microjet engineerings website and gave them the 'jackson D-stick' idea for the burner stick, its basically a set of gates in the burner sticks of the combustion chamber to slow the fuel/air down and help with vaporisation, it gave a 17% decrease in fuel consumption.
i also used to sell the phoenix 30.3 plans for them, i get a few emails a week asking for the plans, i should see if i've got any copies left over as i see theres a few threads on here regarding the 30.3 plans.

these days Phill has moved up here to Lincoln (uk) near myself so when time allows i go down to his workshop to help him with machining and milling or any other ideas i can come up with or fly my heli round his workshop for fun :-D

i hope to help you guys with any ideas or help i can

Paul j

racketmotorman

Post by racketmotorman » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:32 pm

Hi Paul

Welcome back :-))

Life often throws up a few hurdles , good to see you've cleared them and are into things again .

Thanks for the "D stick" , I'm putting 15 of them in my latest engine .

Cheers
John

skyfrog

Lincoln

Post by skyfrog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:00 am

Hi Paul,

I know you, I've been to your old website.

One question please, I have no idea of where Lincoln is located, How far away is Lincoln from Cambridge ? I might visit Phill Heward, for some business talks.
Long live jet engine !
Horace
Jetbeetle

Mike Everman

an introduction

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:55 am

Good to meet you, Paul. Great to have you. I went through your site, nice builds, man. One day, I'll be making a turbojet, but I haven't quite got my fill of valveless motors!
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

paulj

Re: Lincoln

Post by paulj » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:11 am

skyfrog wrote:Hi Paul,

I know you, I've been to your old website.

One question please, I have no idea of where Lincoln is located, How far away is Lincoln from Cambridge ? I might visit Phill Heward, for some business talks.
Lincoln is exactly 100miles north of Duxford air museum if that gives you any idea of distance.
basically go north on the A1 and you'll see signs for Lincoln when you reach Newark.
Phill's new workshop is in a small village called Metheringham, he's got an excellent workshop with loads of space plus his latest toy 'a CNC'

skyfrog

Post by skyfrog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:21 pm

paulj wrote: Lincoln is exactly 100miles north of Duxford air museum if that gives you any idea of distance.
basically go north on the A1 and you'll see signs for Lincoln when you reach Newark.
Phill's new workshop is in a small village called Metheringham, he's got an excellent workshop with loads of space plus his latest toy 'a CNC'
Thank you. He is currently away I can't contat him. I wonder how he found that place so far away from Cambridge. Yeah he's got a new CNC lathe.
Long live jet engine !
Horace
Jetbeetle

paulj

Post by paulj » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:38 pm

skyfrog wrote:
paulj wrote: Lincoln is exactly 100miles north of Duxford air museum if that gives you any idea of distance.
Thank you. He is currently away I can't contat him. I wonder how he found that place so far away from Cambridge. Yeah he's got a new CNC lathe.
last i heard from Phill the other day he said his wife Anna was taking him on holiday....women eh! heh heh.

Phill asked me if there was some industrial units up near me and i looked around and found some, the rental price is so much cheaper here in Lincolnshire so i guess that was one of the factors plus the cost of living too.

i'm really pleased he did move near me as i can now pop round and help him plus i get to come home stinking of burnt aviation fuel :P

Mike Everman

fuel and ale stains

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:03 pm

You're making me want to come to the mother country again! I spent a few fabulous days pulsejetting with Graham, Nick and Steve Wallington last year, and can't wait to go back. If you like the US so much, maybe someday we can to a house trade. Assuming we're all not "axe murderers posing as jet enthusiasts", which is what that look in my wife's eyes means when I suggest such things! ha ha

paulj

Post by paulj » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Mike, sounds like a good idea but England is cold, wet, and expensive to live here.
swapping houses for a couple of weeks holiday sounds good though.
aslong as you don't go in my garden shed and find my axe :lol:

where abouts in the states are you?

Mike Everman

UK

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:12 pm

Sunny Santa Barbara, CA, the American Riviera. I don't mind the weather in the UK, as I am warmed by red hot combustors, usually! (OK, once...;-)

Occasionally, there are plane tickets for less than $400 round trip. I don't know how they do that. I have to pay that to fly up the coast 250 miles, let alone cross the north pole!

skyfrog

Post by skyfrog » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:40 pm

paulj wrote: last i heard from Phill the other day he said his wife Anna was taking him on holiday....women eh! heh heh.

Phill asked me if there was some industrial units up near me and i looked around and found some, the rental price is so much cheaper here in Lincolnshire so i guess that was one of the factors plus the cost of living too.

i'm really pleased he did move near me as i can now pop round and help him plus i get to come home stinking of burnt aviation fuel :P
Oh I see, so you're the key man for his long march to Lincoln. Last month we jetbeetle company was on the move too, moving toward country side where we can make a lot of noises w/o disturbing too many people. :)

Last time in Singapore he invited me to get there but I didn't make it. Now it's time for me to give him a visit.

Mike, I am expecting a ticket $500 round trip too, it's airlines' low season the ticket should be cheap, they would do anything to promote the sales.
Long live jet engine !
Horace
Jetbeetle