Thermal changes in geometry, and the effect on starting, etc

Moderator: Mike Everman

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:22 pm

Drew, I've been a bit busy. E-mail me privately and I'll try to throw some stuff together for you.

mk

Post by mk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:50 pm

Where do you get the information about Kentfield engines, Snecma (Ecrevisse!) and others from???

I've been searching via google for hours, but didn't find any or at least just some pieces of useful information.
mk

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:16 pm

Marten, I can send you the Kentfield paper at least.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:16 pm

mk wrote:Where do you get the information about Kentfield engines, Snecma (Ecrevisse!) and others from???

I've been searching via google for hours, but didn't find any or at least just some pieces of useful information.
Marten, it took me 30 years to collect all the information I have! There is not too much on the Internet, and what is there is very difficult to find in some cases.

Many enthusiasts have been kind to send me what they found and my collection grew. I am trying to organize what I have and share with others, but it is a very slow process, as I have little time.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:43 pm

I'd pay $20 for a CD... Got to fund your research somehow.

resosys

Post by resosys » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:45 pm

Mike Everman wrote:I'd pay $20 for a CD... Got to fund your research somehow.
Me too!

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:00 pm

I am not motivated by money. Just fame, glory and sex.

If you could send me time in usable chunks, that would be something.

My plan is eventually to have everything organized and laid out in an orderly way, something like the valveless pulsejet review (now obsolete, but still online) I did for this website.

Meanwhile, who was it that applied to have the first crack at the SNECMA stuff obn CD that George has sent me? I am through with it and will send it to teh next user. I lost track of who was the first to claim it. Let me know.

Raymond G

Post by Raymond G » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:11 pm

A bit off topic. Does anyone know what the pressure range is for a Coleman propane canister? Does anyone have experience using them for propulsion experiments?

Thanks,
Raymond

mk

Post by mk » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:52 pm

Mike wrote:Marten, I can send you the Kentfield paper at least.
Thanks!!
Bruno wrote:If you could send me time in usable chunks, that would be something.
My email browser doesn't like or rarther want that *.TIME format! *think-about*
mk

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:01 pm

bruno wrote:If you could send me time in usable chunks, that would be something.
Stop reading the newspaper. That's an hour a day. There! I just "gave" you 7 hours per week to work on PJ's.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:23 pm

Mike Everman wrote:Stop reading the newspaper. That's an hour a day. There! I just "gave" you 7 hours per week to work on PJ's.
Um... how to put it? Mike, it is my job to read newspapers. I read five daily papers and one weekly magazine every day. And I have to read them very carefully, and annotate, because I am supposed to produce an analysis at the end of the day and write a report. Not to mention direct four other people to do their analysis and write their reports. Then I have to put everything together into a comprehensive daily report. If I stopped reading the papers, my business would collapse.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:14 am

OK, Bruno, don't read this, and I will have given you 60 sec of valuable time. Don't read it and don't respond and I will have given you something like 4 min. Do I get my CD now?
bruno wrote:If I stopped reading the papers, my business would collapse.
Hmmm. Yeah, should have thought of that. ;-P
Ok, how about reduce the morning crap from 20 min to 5. I have heard this can be done, but in my own experience I've needed to be late for a plane for this to work. You may have better results. That's 1:45 I've just given you! Now do I get my CD?

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:29 am

Mike Everman wrote:Now do I get my CD?
Ah, for a moment there I actually thought you were trying to help me. I was confused. This is better. So, I'll continue to read, respond to forum postings and relieve myself at my own pace. Your turn comes when your turn comes. What CD are you talking about? The French mysteries of a comprehensive one with everything I have hoarded? I thought the latter should be put on the block at an auction, with the proceeds going to my almost alma mater -- the college I dropped out from.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:41 am

I believe I have you beat with 3 almost almas mater. I'm just joking about the CD, the one of All Pulsejet Knowledge. If I had that, I would get nothing done, and be led down many a silly path. What I've amassed only since October would not fit on a CD, though that does include many Solidworks designs.
Cheers, Bruno!

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:49 am

Mike Everman wrote:If I had that, I would get nothing done, and be led down many a silly path.
Why do you think I haven't built a pulsejet since 1975?