ANSYS simulation

Moderator: Mike Everman

quinthalyn
Antipspambot question: 125

ANSYS simulation

Post by quinthalyn » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Hey out there.

Ive been working on this project for quite some time and think its now the time for me to ask here.
Im trying to simulate a working pulsejet, to see how the design affects temperature/thrust/preasure/frequency/velocity.

If someone is in a doubt, something similar to this, is one of the outputs im looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt7Fzva7 ... L&index=25

Ive earlier tried with COSMOSworks, but figured out its not capable of reacting gases to ignite (as far as i know).
Now i got my hands on Ansys 11 (and CFX-pre), that should be able to do the trick.
Im having some problems setting up the boundry conditions correct, and getting the propane to starting ignite with air.
I hope some of you can help me out.
I have attached the geometry model of the pulsejet from designmanager. Both solid and as "real" geometry - depending how your gonna mesh it. I am hoping,
that someone could set up a project in Ansys with a simulation, and i should be able to see how the inputs should be set up.
But if someone wants to explain the approach instead, that would be helpfull aswell.

The simulation is part of a project at my university, where we later are going to build the optimized design and do some tests.

Thanks alot:
Carsten M, Denmark.
Attachments
ansys geometry files.rar
(15.54 KiB) Downloaded 455 times