New Little Regulator

Moderator: Mike Everman

larry cottrill
Antipspambot question: 0

New Little Regulator

Post by larry cottrill » Thu May 15, 2008 11:40 am

I got one of these to try out as a propane regulator. They also make an excellent compact, lightweight regulator for air supplies. The input pressure rating is 250 PSI, and there are a variety of output ranges available. One nice thing is that they are good for a vibration environment because the adjusting knob "locks" into the body under a spring load -- you have to pull out slightly on the knob to make your adjustment. Weighs just a few ounces, and right at 3 inches total height, AND fairly impressive flow capacity (should be enough for any small engine). There is an optional screw ring "mounting nut" for panel mounting if desired. Miniature gauges to fit and nice mounting brackets are other options.

Anyway, just something you might be interested in. A nice piece for under $20 US plus S&H.

Here is the one I bought (0-50 PSIG output) -- I hope to start playing with this "real soon now":
http://www.regulatorstore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=86045

L Cottrill
Attachments
ARO_regulator_mod86045.jpg
ARO lightweight miniature 0-50 PSI air regulator. Available in various pressure ranges and choice of 1/8-inch pipe or 1/4-inch pipe connections.
ARO_regulator_mod86045.jpg (4.02 KiB) Viewed 1870 times