I need a good atomizer

Moderator: Mike Everman

redneck

I need a good atomizer

Post by redneck » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:27 am

WOW I havent been here in years! Hope everybody still has all their arm hair and eyebrows LOL!
Anyway, I am building a forge for metal working. I need it to run off of used motor oil. The problem is that I need a way to spray the fuel into the combustion chamber with a fine enough mist to get a good light. I can pressurize the fuel with an air compressor or use it in combination with a venturi, but I need ideas on a fuel delivery source. I figured you guys would be the ones who could help if anybody could. Thanks in advance!
hooowee that was loud! do it again!

jprindustri
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: I need a good atomizer

Post by jprindustri » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:14 pm

hello...my recommendation is to use a vaporizer-spray such as microturbines ,like the fd-64 kurt Schreckling.

roland2001
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: I need a good atomizer

Post by roland2001 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:01 am

are u using a stable grade oil like 30 weight? or multigradelike 10-40 or -20-50? if you are using something like 30 weight , it should "get thinner" with added heat ---adding heat to X degrees + enough back pressure might just reduce the your/ viscosity enough to "spray" into small enough droplets for your use -----as to the Schrekling ---i'd use a paint gun nebulizer instead---i don't know how "air brushes " atomize the paint employed in them , but i'd give a look in that direction also----how much volume do you need to move/time? best of luck roland2001 ---kylebear2000@hotmail.com---------(damn shame this thing doesn't have spell check)!