Gluhareff 130R power failure issue still open ... Any Idear?

Moderator: Mike Everman

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:32 pm

Well on a serius note the day has washed out for the test of the new coils as the experimental brazing of the coil tubes to the manifold failed almost as soon as they fired the engine up for the test run.

Learning from this experiance although the braze is in specification it was under a lot of stress from a liquid propane input on one side down to -25 to the other side that has superheated propane gas at 1200c.

to much and it faild but to weld the tubes in to the manifold they need to cut the manifold in half and weld the tubes internally as there is not enough room to get the torch in between the tubes to do it on the outside.

So we will have to wait for the canadian morning to do that and set it up on the test stand again, Patrick who is doing the welding and assembly, he would be classed as a coded welder in the UK so there is no problem with the standard of his welding:-) at all!

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Viv

Post by Viv » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:25 am

Ah Mr Robinson!

Hows it hanging you old dog?

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Dave
Antipspambot question: 0

Another Day

Post by Dave » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:32 pm

Good morning Luc and Patrick

In an interview, someone ask Thomas Edison about the frustrations of failing thousands of times while trying to invent the light bulb. His answer was something like, I did not fail, I just kept proving that there was another way that did not work and then kept going. Well today is a new day. It was good to record another thing for others not to try.

Hide the coffee pot if you are going to be welding that 0.20 wall tubing today. Steady hands and peaceful thoughts are in order. Good luck guys.

Dave

luc

130R Power Failure

Post by luc » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:16 pm

Hi guys,

For not to leave you on your expectations.

Nope ... It's not it. Still no thrust.

End of the line.

Cya all,

Luc..........Out

milisavljevic

Post by milisavljevic » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:04 pm

DELETED.
Last edited by milisavljevic on Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viv

Re: 130R Power Failure

Post by Viv » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:53 am

Luc wrote:Hi guys,

For not to leave you on your expectations.

Nope ... It's not it. Still no thrust.

End of the line.

Cya all,

Luc..........Out
Ah ignore that it was a spurios early post.

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Dave

???

Post by Dave » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:34 pm

Hello all:

OK, if yesterday’s posts are examples what happens when you don't drink coffee, maybe it is time to go back on the good stuff for a while.

Seriously, I am just curious about the good, the bad and the ugly of the day's events. I will check in later today.

Dave

Raymond G

Post by Raymond G » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:05 am

Hi All,
Just got back from taking the kids to Disneyland. Any new news? The list was quiet today, and I'm hoping that's not bad news.

Regards,
Raymond

luc

130R Power Failure

Post by luc » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:15 pm

Hi guys,

Just doing a test ... It seems there is 2 messages are missing on the forum ...

So...technicaly ... This message should be placed at the end.... So, lets see were it will be place.

Cya,

Luc

luc

130R Power Failure

Post by luc » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:17 pm

Yeap,

From what I see on my screen .... 2 messages are gone.

Were are they.... Hummmmmmmmmmmmm.

Cya,

Luc

Raymond G

Post by Raymond G » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:06 pm

Luc,
I count three missing: Mike's very interesting quote of Andrew, Viv's, and Yours, all dated Mar 24, I believe. I also see numerous posts missing from other forums. I was hoping to explore some of the thoughts raised in the Andrew quote, but without the original, it is difficult

Regards,
Raymond

Andrew Parker

Post by Andrew Parker » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:56 pm

I posted a message yesterday and it is missing as well. The site was not accessable last night so perhaps they were lost during maintenance?

Another reason why I am uncomfortable with online forums. Mailing lists have multiple archives.

Andrew Parker

Andrew Parker

Post by Andrew Parker » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:16 pm

Kenneth explained in the "improvements" forum that there was a server breakdown and some posts were lost, unfortunately all but the first of "Rocket Bob's" were erased, as well as Mike's quote of him.

Again, I cannot stress enough that the archives are the heart of the discussion and online forums only have one archive and it is not read only. A member can edit or delete any of their posts, and Kenneth can edit or erase all of them, as can the server administrator. Where are the archives from the old forum format? Lost forever? A mailing list is far more stable in that sense.

Andrew Parker

Viv

Post by Viv » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:41 am

The missing posts

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

luc

130R Power failure

Post by luc » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:41 am

Okeyyy,

I told you Viv, that some postings were missing ... Now, do you beleive me.

Now, since I am very busy, lately, can someone do a back-up of this forum and convert this in a PDF file and make it available for the ones interested?

If I guet some free time I will do it ... But I can't for now.

If one day, this server crash and crash for good ... All will be lost.

Thanks and regards,

Luc