Supercharged leafblower

Moderator: Mike Everman

metiz
Antipspambot question: 125

Supercharged leafblower

Post by metiz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:30 pm

I bought a little battery powered leafblower about 2 years ago for starting big engines. It works fine for that purpose but other then that it's a cheap piece of shit. The battery (even when bought new) has an effective life of about 5 minutes. after that, it's drained to a point where it couldn't blow feathers away

So I thought I'd give it a little powerboost :P

I had a couple of SS cups lying around that would make a pretty decent ramjet. So I made the ramjet and attached a small pipe that would slip around the nozzle of my leafblower. I just tested it, only got a couple second run in before I had to stop but it looks like it works! I'll try to get a video of the thing in action asap

Oh yeah, the welds look like shit because the exhaust part of the engine is made of ridiculously thin ss, absolute nightmare to weld
Attachments
100_1391.jpg
100_1390.jpg
Quantify the world.

Eric
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Supercharged leafblower

Post by Eric » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Looks like you are getting ready to battle a zombie outbreak.

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

metiz
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Supercharged leafblower

Post by metiz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:59 pm

It could happen!

Could only get it into blowtorch mode yesterday so I'll have to find a was to get the flame behind the flameholder
Quantify the world.