Somebody's dreamin'

Moderator: Mike Everman

paul skinner

Somebody's dreamin'

Post by paul skinner » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:18 am

On ebay. One old used Dynajet package...$400 ????

It's a joke right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=1200

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:41 am

He claims it's "Brand New!!!" and it does look too shiny for a used one.

However, he also claims that these engines (the Dynajet) are "the safest, most efficient Jet engines ever produced"

Clearly the gentleman is no expert on pulsejet engines :-)

I also notice that the spark plug looks *awfully* big and is perhaps not a genuine Dynajet item.

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:32 am

New old?

Doesn't Dynajet only make insect foggers and such now. They stopped producing hobby pulsejets back in the 70's or 80's I thought. It's the price that shocked me and made me laugh though. $400 U.S.....riiiiiiigggggghhhhhttt.

He has two, I can see why they're not selling.

lol

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:02 pm

Principal Skinner wrote:New old?

Doesn't Dynajet only make insect foggers and such now. They stopped producing hobby pulsejets back in the 70's or 80's I thought. It's the price that shocked me and made me laugh though. $400 U.S.....riiiiiiigggggghhhhhttt.

He has two, I can see why they're not selling.

lol
The thing to find fault with is the gas grill sparker he sells, it's kind of a lame spark, a single tiny pen-light flashlight battery ain't hot. The Dynajet looks OK to me. I wouldn't mind having it. The spark plug looks about the same proportion as the one I have on my Dynajet which was made in the 70's. I don't think the seller is making them, nor the buzz coils he said he was, nor the gas grill sparker he also said he was making. They were all store-bought, although he did solder on wires and provide alligator clips for you on the buzz coils he bought but claimed he built.
A place in New York, America's Hobby Center use to sell Dynajets until just last year, and Dynajet even offered our Ken to sell them shortly after. Earl Bailey sells his look-alikes with a 1/4 32 thread tiny spark plug. In a way, I think the larger plug is actually mo better, it has a larger jump to make and thus a bigger spark. To me, the 1/4 32 plug looks funny on a the Bailey Jet, just as much as those jumbo car plugs you sometimes see that have replaced an original plug.
Mark