Hello detonation "you look great"

Moderator: Mike Everman

ganuganu
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Hello detonation "you look great"

Post by ganuganu » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:41 pm

PyroJoe wrote:Interesting work, does the software allow different tube geometry. Maybe something like this:
Yes you can use which ever geometry is suited. And i have also tried for these configurations as shown in the pic. I will try to post the results for these soon. And if you would like to check the video of the pressure contour extracted from the results i got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnz3i9wo ... 5IHa1WL9nw
Attachments
config.jpg
config.jpg (4.87 KiB) Viewed 9704 times

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:12 pm

After adding convergent divergent nozzle at the exit..
http://youtu.be/Ndv5qZZGVNA

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:55 pm

If anyone interested in watching this cfd simulation the whole complete cycle in PDE please follow the link. There is an major difference between plain exit and with condi nozzle.

http://youtu.be/VouNYTZYeGY

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Done the simulation of multicycle detonation process. Done nearly 4 cycles the file size is so large, iam unable to transfer files soon. The reason for doind this many cycle is to get a steady thrust from the engine.

zono

Post by zono » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:19 am

good works, ganuganu !

Did you use prepared reaction mechanism out of other combustion cases, or did you setup all ~100 basic reactions by yourself? I am working with Comsol Multiphysics and love single step reactions with coupled igniton mechanisms (combustion as a simple heat source). Simulations run much faster, but do not fit values as exactly to analytical analysis, as yours do.

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:36 pm

zono wrote:good works, ganuganu !

Did you use prepared reaction mechanism out of other combustion cases, or did you setup all ~100 basic reactions by yourself? I am working with Comsol Multiphysics and love single step reactions with coupled igniton mechanisms (combustion as a simple heat source). Simulations run much faster, but do not fit values as exactly to analytical analysis, as yours do.
Hello its good to know that someone other than me interested in detonation engines. Iam using single, two, 73 step reaction mechanism. The major difference is in 73 step you can get a smooth and nearly accurate solution than in single or two step. But you wont be able to reach the spike condition (analytical value) in simulation. By the way are using trying an open ended or closed end.

zono

Post by zono » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:47 pm

normally you have one open and one closed end (?). if you do like my valveless PREDATOR, you have one open, and one ~75% closed end with an injector. no moving parts :o

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:15 pm

zono wrote:normally you have one open and one closed end (?). if you do like my valveless PREDATOR, you have one open, and one ~75% closed end with an injector. no moving parts :o
I tried with two open ended design, due to patching the pressure is high near the inlet. So i decided to try with closed end.