Brown and associates Troll warning

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Brown and associates Troll warning

Post by Viv » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:26 pm

Please be on your guard as we have had a bizarre case of trolling, please read the attached series of emails, from the bottom up:-)

This guy says he represents Michael A Stram but he does not act like a legal guy, no professional would write like this or fail to give his address!

Michael if your reading this and you did employ him and the guy is not a troll then please accept my apologies and tell him to write a proper letter and we will consider it.

Viv

Subject: Re: Re:
Date: 8 February 2005 15:08:32 GMT-05:00
To: purplepidgeon@earthlink.net

Dear Sir

Open letter

As we previously pointed out, we are unable and reluctant to enter into any legal correspondence via internet email ( "E-letters") with an unidentified individual or a company with out contact details or credentials.

Conception GLC inc. will not and legally can not take heed of any notices advisements or threats of legal action delivered by such methods from persons and companies that do not have a real identifiable physical address and headed paper work listing their professional registration details and qualifications.

As a legal professional (we assume) I am sure you are aware of this and will understand our position in that we will not acknowledge or take any action regarding your e-letter notice until we receive a physical written copy by post to our registered company address.

Until we receive a proper response delivered by the normal and approved methods of serving a notice from your practice I am afraid we will have to treat these messages as a form of internet "Trolling" we will make no further responses to any communications from the address purplepigeon@earthlink.net or any one purporting to represent the interests of Michael A Stram or his interests delivering advisements, notices or threats of legal action by email or other electronic means.

As you lack identification and do not conduct yourself in the manner of a legal professional we believe this is merely an attempt to "Troll" and waste our time or indeed gain sensitive commercial information regarding our operations we will post your email on the pulse jet forum at www.pulse-jets.com as a warning too other members of your actions and to be on their guard.

Viv Collins

Conception GLC inc.
Actionnaire / Concepteur
418-275-8877
514-298-9784
Email : vivcollins@glc-inc.ca
Web : www.glc-inc.ca

On 8 Feb 2005, at 15:14, user wrote:

2/8/05

Dear Gentlemen:

Thank you for your response. Our e-letter to you at this point is merely a notice to
you, informing you of Mr. Stram's patent rights. At a minumum, you would be well
advised to inform yourselves of Mr. Stram's patents by researching the U. S. patent
literature available online from the U.S patent office. His first patent is now published
online, with the second to follow. Please be assured if we see an infringement
upon Mr.Stram's patents, all correspondence to you be in writing from our office. 
No additional correspondence will follow hereafter unless we see an infringement.
Jeremy Brown
BROWN AND ASSOCIATES

----- Original Message -----
To: purplepidgeon@earthlink.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 9:03 AM

Dear Sir

Open letter

We received the following message listed below via our general web site contact email address.

Unfortunately we are unable to take any action or enter in to any correspondence via an email message regarding legal matters or patent inquiry's especially when that email message lacks any basic company contact details or notification of prejudice, further and as you are no doubt aware matters of this nature should be conducted in writing to our registered business address or directly to our company notary (address supplied below).

I found it somewhat suspicious that the message did not contain any contact details for the company "Brown and Associates" and that the reply address is to one "purplepigion@earthlink.net" an internet search found no companies of that name practicing law in the chicago area were Mr Stram is listed as residing, with that said I am sure you will understand and take no offense if we ignore this message until we receive in writing by post or fax on company headed paper a more formal approach.

Conception GLC inc. is a Quebec registered corporation and our official language is french, any future correspondence regarding legal matters or enquiries should be conducted in Quebec French in accordance with the regulations and practices of our province.

Best regards

Viv Collins

Conception GLC inc.
Actionnaire / Concepteur
Tel 418-275-8877
Fax 418-275-0147
Mobile 514-298-9784
Email : vivcollins@glc-inc.ca
Web : www.glc-inc.ca

2/7/2005

TO: Conception GLC Inc.

Dear Gentlemen:

We represent U.S. Inventor Michael Stram. It has come to our attention that
you may be
attempting to commercialize a valveless jet engine which has a forward
facing intake duct.
If so, there is a liklihood that such a product would conflict and infringe
upon Mr. Stram's
two patents in this area. He holds U.S. Patent Number 6,216,446, and a
follow-on patent
pending, that has not yet been published by the U.S. Patent Office. If it
became apparent
that there was a conflict, we would, of course, act to protect his patent
rights. If this is not
the case, and you do not intend to commercialize a valveless jet engine that
has a forward
facing intake duct, then please disregard this notice, and we and Mr. Stram,
wish you
the best of luck in your new venture.

Jeremy Brown
BROWN AND ASSOCIATES

--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.6 - Release Date: 2/7/05

No virus found in this incoming message.
No virus found in this outgoing message.
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Tom
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Brown and associates Troll warning

Post by Tom » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:02 pm

Viv,
Have you made any correspondence to earthlink to find out who purplepidgeon is? Might answer a few things...

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:33 pm

Coffee wrote:Viv,
Have you made any correspondence to earthlink to find out who purplepidgeon is? Might answer a few things...

Tom
I just don't have the time to dick around chasing this guy down Tom, I have a corporation to run and we are just going in to production so he will have to wait for now.

Any way I know who the person really is behind this attempt so I am not that concerned as they are just small bear.

Michael A Strams patents have no bearing on our work, this was just a bit of dirty tricks by some one a bit miffed with us trying and block our development of a particular engine.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:35 pm

I remember seeing a "Gluhareff" of sorts being advertized in the back of a very old magazine, only the side porting was dispensed with and a forward intake/ram propane/air was used and it wasn't a long aperture like the Gluhareff side port. It claimed much better thrust too.
I wonder if it was the same two fellows.
Has anyone looked up the patent # given?
Mark
Presentation is Everything

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:43 pm

Mark wrote:I remember seeing a "Gluhareff" of sorts being advertized in the back of a very old magazine, only the side porting was dispensed with and a forward intake/ram propane/air was used and it wasn't a long aperture like the Gluhareff side port. It claimed much better thrust too.
I wonder if it was the same two fellows.
Has anyone looked up the patent # given?
Mark
Yes its just a front ported Gluehareff Mark and works on exactly the same principles, nothing new or inovative just a rearangement of the parts.

USPTO at their best.

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:43 pm

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:48 pm

I don't see how ALL forward intake valveless pulsejets driven by ram propane in the intake could be monopolized by this Mr. Stram, but that's just my humble opinion.
Mark

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:00 pm

Mark wrote:I don't see how ALL forward intake valveless pulsejets driven by ram propane in the intake could be monopolized by this Mr. Stram, but that's just my humble opinion.
Mark
As one experianced in the art, neather do I!

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:02 pm

Bill Lubarsky

Post by Bill Lubarsky » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:54 pm

The alternative-technologies.org website is selling plans for what they
are calling a "Thermojet Engine". It ceretainly looks like what was
advertised in the old Popular Mechanics magazine: essentially a linear
Gluey.

When I started playing around with this stuff I contacted a local airplane
modeler who was featured in one of the flying-model magazines, he was
running either this engine or it's cousin in his driveway (I think he was afraid to put the thing in any thing that could get away from him). I can't find the magazine now, but I think that they also published a set of plans
along with the article. You might also like to take a look at U.S. Patents
3,768,257 "Momentum Compression Ramjet Engine" and 4,765,373
"Gas Flow Amplifier". This is where I came in.

Bill Lubarsky

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:21 am

Good grief. You can literally patent a rock these days.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Viv

Post by Viv » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:47 pm

Well following a lot of investigations here is what we have so far found.

The American bar association does not list as a member any attorneys of the name Jeremy Brown, they only have one practice of Brown and associates in the Chicago area and they do not have a Jeremy Brown working for them and they are not representing a Michael A Stram.

An internet search for Jeremy Brown of Brown and associates working as an attorney or patent attorney reveals no usable results, this search covered web sites, telephone directories, professional bodies etc.

The email is written is such a way that it is reasonable to assume its from an attorney.

To work as an attorney you have to pass the bar exams and be listed by them to work, they don't have a Jeremy Brown so it seems the guy does not exist.

I have written again to the reply address of this email purplepidgeon@earthlink.net and demanded contact details for Jeremy Brown and his company Brown and associates, as of today I have had no reply.

I have also written to earthlink.net and asked for the contact details of the account holder of the address purplepidgeion@earthlink.net.

We have taken reasonable steps to deal with the original notice from Michael Stram, but it is an offense to impersonate an attorney by sending an email of this type purporting to be from an attorney.

Our next step will be to pass this information to the American bar association for there consideration and any action they feel appropriate.

When we receive the real name and address of the email account holder we will serve a cease and desist order upon them.

On Monday if we have not received any further satisfactory results to our equerries we will pass this information to the USPTO in the form of a complaint against a patent promoter.

This will then be held public in their files against Jeremy Brown, Brown and associates and Michael A Stram.

We will take what ever action is necessary to investigate this matter and pursue it to a satisfactory conclusion including direct legal action were appropriate.

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

steve

Post by steve » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:13 am

When you guys said "Bite back," you weren't kidding!

Good luck (although it dosn't look as though you need it!)

mk

Post by mk » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:05 pm

Hiding the trumps has mostly turned out to be the favourite methode.

Viv and Luc, keep up your good work. Don't let some * persons waste your time.
Good luck.
mk

Eric

Post by Eric » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:37 pm

"Beck and Associates" (a registered non-existant not for profit organization in the state of Confusion) would have to agree that the patent offices have become far to lax in what they do.

Actually you probably can patent a rock, as long as it was a design patent, and maybe if you made some kind of crude marking or broke it in a specific shape. I have found many many patents that should be classified as non patentable but still get throught some how.

I have had some pretty lame attempts at people trying to get the equations for my excel calulator too. People posing as lawyers, or other people claming that I must surrender the equations or some legal action will be taken.

Isnt it illegal to write to people threatening of legal action posing as a lawyer? Im pretty sure it is in the US at least. You should definately get ahold of the ISP and scare the living shit out of the person.

Eric

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases