Anouncment, Anouncment, For all Dodge Pick-up Truck users

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Anouncment, Anouncment, For all Dodge Pick-up Truck users

Post by luc » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:55 pm

Hi guys,

And to you ... All those Dodge RAM pick-up truck users ... Hear this.

Yesterday, while our region had to put up with a freezing rain storm. I had to travel from St-Felicien to Roberval, Qc. Canada. Where in between, there is a big hill to climb up.

The road was all ice and in the middle of that hill, there was a hudge semi truck with twin 45 feet traillers attached (What we call here a double extension) stuck in the middle of the road and could not climb the hill.

I stopped and ask the driver if any additionnal traction could help and the guy replied "Welll ... Let try it"

So, I hooked-up our Dodge RAM 1500 4 x 4 to this monster and set the our pick-up to 4 x 4 Low gear.

GUESS WHAT ... With the engine reving, tires screaming and the pull rope near breaking ... I PULLED THIS DAMN MONSTER ALL THE WAY UP THAT HILL. And ask Viv, this hill is a steep one.

All the other cars going by expected to see a hudge towing pulling that semi ... But you should have seen the expression in their face when they saw that little Dodge RAM in front of that monster.

Yeapppp .... he did it ... And he did it like a BIG BAD BOY.

And now ... Viv and I refers to our pick-up as ...

BAD BOY ...

So ... To all Dodge RAM users ... You never know ... You might have a BAD BOY in your hand too.

He he he ....

Cya and merry X-Mass

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mike Kirney
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Anouncment, Anouncment, For all Dodge Pick-up Truck user

Post by Mike Kirney » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:25 pm

That's amazing, Luc! What engine do you have? Did you take any pictures? My Dakota is pretty tough too but I doubt I could tow a double extended semi up a hill with it, even in first gear.
Trig IS fun.

luc

Post by luc » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:14 pm

Hi Mike,
That's amazing, Luc! What engine do you have? Did you take any pictures? My Dakota is pretty tough too but I doubt I could tow a double extended semi up a hill with it, even in first gear.
The engine is a V8, 4.7 liters, fuel injection. Our BAD BOY is a Dodge RAM 1500, 4 x 4, with 4 doors crew cab, 8 foot box and equipped with 17" tires.

He is a BIG and Long Bad mother ******* to reck with. Few hours before that venture, he pulled our electrician pick-up truck and contruction trailler out of heavy snow and where he was stuck all the way up to its axles. Without even feeling it.

BAD BOY is a mean machine. If only Viv could leave his love bird alone for a few minutes and post a picture.

VIV ... Leave that GF of yours alone for a while and show these guys a picture of our BAD BOY truck ... He he he.

Cya,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mike Kirney

Post by Mike Kirney » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:02 pm

Wow, that's the same engine I have! Next time I see a rig wiped out on the 401 I will offer some help.
Trig IS fun.

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:06 pm

My brother bought one of those new Dodge Ram's with a 5.9 liter Cummings Diesel. 325 horses with a straight 6 and the thing is really heavy. He only has a 6 foot bed in the back, because he has the space behind the driver's seat. Still, I couldn't believe it as I was reading the sticker stats on the driver's side door when you open it, he gets almost 20 mpg highway and his truck weighs an incredible 9000 pounds. Sadly, he had to go to a funeral today, otherwise he was going to take his boat over to Louisiana and fish for tuna, I love fresh tuna.
Mark
Presentation is Everything

Mike Kirney

Post by Mike Kirney » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:18 am

The Cummins diesel model can carry two tons in the box and pull an eight ton load behind it with the appropriate hitch. When I trade up in a couple of years, I'm getting one.
Trig IS fun.

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:17 pm

I have been in the Ram 2500 with the Cummins deisel and it really rocks! it smokes the tyres off the line no problem and accelerates like a fast car!

I really wanted a 2500 or a 3500 with twin wheels but that will have to wait till next time we get a new truck:-) but Luc and Diane have now decided to dump their van next time round and replace it with another Dodge but with a box top for the dogs.

These things may not make sense were you live but here they make perfect sense:-) they can handle anything the weather throws at them and still keep going! we live 14 km from the nearest town and have a tricky valley with two steep hills to get past.

Luc had to take the kids to school one day as the hills were covered in ice and the school bus and a hydro truck were stuck in the bottom of the valley! they slid down the hill but could not get up the next one, you could hardly stand or walk on the ice.

Snick! 4 wheel drive low engaged and Luc just drives down one hill and up the next with out any slips or problems.

These big pickup trucks and SUVs in an urban enviroment are silly but when you have a gravel road with 3" of ice to contend with as the norm? well a car then looks like a dangerous option.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:03 pm

OK, Viv. That's your machine. Now, let's see your girlfriend.

luc

Post by luc » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:59 pm

Hi Bruno,
Bruno Ogorelec wrote:OK, Viv. That's your machine. Now, let's see your girlfriend.
Even if Viv's girl friend is actually ... My sister inlaw ... I still prefer the pick-up truck .... he he he.

Hooooo mannnn .... Now I am in real heavy shit ... he he he.

Don't tell her Viv ... Don't, Don't .... DONNNNNN'T DO IT VIV.

That it ... I am in shit now ... He told her ....

Cya guys

Hoooo .... By the way.
On behaft of Conception GLC inc.
Viv, myself and our lovely wifes .....
Merry X-mass and happy new year to you all ... Guys.

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:30 pm

A champagne cork has popped as I write this. I'll drink to your success!

Viv

Post by Viv » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:24 am

Luc wrote:Hi Bruno,
Bruno Ogorelec wrote:OK, Viv. That's your machine. Now, let's see your girlfriend.
Even if Viv's girl friend is actually ... My sister inlaw ... I still prefer the pick-up truck .... he he he.

Hooooo mannnn .... Now I am in real heavy shit ... he he he.

Don't tell her Viv ... Don't, Don't .... DONNNNNN'T DO IT VIV.

That it ... I am in shit now ... He told her ....

Cya guys

Hoooo .... By the way.
On behaft of Conception GLC inc.
Viv, myself and our lovely wifes .....
Merry X-mass and happy new year to you all ... Guys.

Luc
He is a very bad lad that Luc! and he is going to burn oh! so badly for it:-)

He he he

Viv

And a happy new year to you all:-)
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire