"Easy to build" section

Moderator: Mike Everman

steve
Antipspambot question: 0

"Easy to build" section

Post by steve » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:52 pm

Many of the newbies comming on here are looking for something to build. The problem right now is that there are no really good plans in the pulsejet section of this website. They are often incomplete, In a diferent languague, or so pixelated that it is unreadable. I think it would be a good idea to add designs like the kazoo (stein), the electra, the K-pt series, and others that are well documented on the forum, to the list under their own category: "easy to build engines." Then we could make some nice clear plans and instructions (if they don't already exist) and include links to the forums where they are discussed. this might keep some of the stupid questions off the forum because they will already have been answered in the building instructions. I for one would be willing to contribute building info (or draw up some more detailed plans) on any of the engines I have constructed so far.

Rescyou

Post by Rescyou » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:10 am

If you go into the Video/files section of my site I posted some refurbished dyna-jet plans I was working on that may be a litlle clearer to see for some of the parts. I haven't go around to finishing the rest of it though...the stoy of my life.

http://www.rescyou.com/propulsion.htm

I think most successful and mainstream engines have emulated the Dyna in a lot of ways.

I think if plans for a beginer p-jet were to be posted it would have to be created from input of the group and that alone may make it impossible as getting everyone to agree on "what's the best and easiest" would be like trying to forcefeed a vegetarian greenpeace member a Dolphin'K'Bob.
The mind of a man is the man himself.

steve

Post by steve » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:05 am

Rescyou wrote:I think if plans for a beginer p-jet were to be posted it would have to be created from input of the group and that alone may make it impossible as getting everyone to agree on "what's the best and easiest" would be like trying to forcefeed a vegetarian greenpeace member a Dolphin'K'Bob.
I think the best way to do it would be to post several potential beginer engines rather then just one. Then no one would have to agree or dissagree one just one. BTW your dynajet plans were most excellant but admittedly not something the average pulsejet enthusist would be able to build. That is why I'm leaning more towards valveless engines for beginers due to the relative ease of fabrication and the lack of small parts to break.

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:35 am

Sounds (or reads rather) like a good idea.

http://www.pulse-jets.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=840

;Is a good example. It's been explained a dozen times, it's in the wrong section, and the person posting will undoubtedly not be able to construct what they're after as they don't have the faintest idea of how much work/cost/ and fine tuning goes into the construction of any engine.