Heads up re Glue 130R

Moderator: Mike Everman

roland2001
Antipspambot question: 125

Heads up re Glue 130R

Post by roland2001 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:06 am

Hey folks, just a quick heads up re INSIDE diameters for your Glue 130R intakes: It seems that some different third stage throat diameters are being reported as the RQR plans don't give an exact measurement, but forces the purchaser (of the plans) to measure the distance then X 2.
If the ID of the throat on your 130R is 4.1875 then it will effect the INSIDE diameters of the 2nd and first intake tubes.
So for a 3rd stage throat diameter of 4.1873 the 2nd stage INSIDE diameter should be 3.625, and the ID of the 1st stage should be 1.8125. Intake lengths can remain the same (excluding the quarter round fluting/flaring: 5, 15 and 7.5 inches L respectively.
For 3rd stage throat diameter of 4.125" , 2nd and 1st stage INSIDE diameters = 3.578 and 1.78 inches respectively.(no changes in lengths).
As aforementioned, if the area of the 2nd stage intake IS NOT a minimum of 75% of the 3rd stage throat area, then combustion gases will reflux/regurgitate at the 2nd/3rd stage "junction", and there will be a decrease in ambient air flow (both of which will decrease the performance of your Glue). I'm getting +/- 140 lbs./force out of my inline...she breaths beautifully and doesn't burp!
roland2001 AKA Kevin kylebear2000@hotmail.com

tufty
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Heads up re Glue 130R

Post by tufty » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Got any video? I like me a Gluey, I do.

roland2001
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Heads up re Glue 130R

Post by roland2001 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:26 am

Hi Tufty, I've sent you a PM, but suffice it to say I'll post some static images first (once the shop finishes a vital part needed to finish building it). It should take 2-3 weeks to finish building her and get the images up here at Pulse-Jets.com, and then a week or so for the video (depending on the videographer). It's a 100% scaled down version (30-40 lbs./force) of the 130R since I can't run the big one in the neighborhood, LOL. Don't like the police showing up. This engine uses a higher fuel "drive" nozzle pressure, and by dint of larger intakes and a larger tail pipe accelerates more ambient air mass resulting in pretty darn good increase in thrust. There are additional modifications which I'll display once they come under patent protection. One thing I can tell you is (I believe I disclosed this previously) that an increase in hot drive nozzle pressure can overwhelm the compression/rarefaction cycles normally associated with this/these engine(s). I guess many on this forum refer to this as "sonic lock". This occurs with either a ram pressure increase or an increase in hot fuel drive pressure or a combination of both. This being the case the engine goes into laminar combustion mode (aka sonic lock?) as opposed to pulsing mode, and the volume of fuel/air mixture increases significantly. There is a proprietary mechanism incorporated into the inside the engine which acts as a flame holder and prevents "flame out" since "pulsing mode" prevents flame out under 1st mode operation. I'm going to have to employ a torsion pendulum to measure these changes to get the right data (more money) Damn! Do you own an "L" type Glue? Which model? Talk to you soon, Ciao, Roland AKA Kevin mail address kylebear2000@hotmail.com