Guess who's back... back again... shady's back

Moderator: Mike Everman

irvine.j2
Antipspambot question: 125

Guess who's back... back again... shady's back

Post by irvine.j2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Hey all, I'm back, starting off quietly however cause i'm still studying and nearly up to final panel, however i'm buying some cool new tools and will be more active again shortly. Miss you all, hope you are all well.
James.

metiz

Re: Guess who's back... back again... shady's back

Post by metiz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Welcome back. Too bad no-one's around anymore. BUT noe you are here: you owe me a link to mini nozzles :lol:
Btw, this thread has been posted twice
Quantify the world.

tufty
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by tufty » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 pm

It's certainly been quiet recently, but I think the usual suspects are still quietly monitoring...

Welcome back, Jim

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Hello, I built a HPX,& tryd so many ways to get it to run on methanol,using a bladder system,it was your pic of hpx,that inspired me! I think a hpx or lady Ann Boleyn, could be a good candidate for a rc plane,a valveless rc plane would be so cool!!!!! I was so close! I could get it to run on 80 percent methanol & 10 percent propane,couldn't wheen it off the propane? I got frustrated & built some valved PJs,there nice! But they have downfalls of complexity's & consumable valves etc... gosh, a valveless plane would be better than sliced bread!!! Lol, as Einstein Would say,simplicity is the best design! :)
Attachments
IMG_20130307_223605_523.jpg

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:24 am

Hello,I just can't hold my tongue on its So quiet & nothing is going on? I put on here,band new dyna,scale up x2 dyna,scaled down dyna,a really handy valve making machine, a fwe&hpx running on methanol,etc... there's a guy building a lady Ann Boleyn,etc... I would think those would be interesting topics&musings,in a pulse jet forum? I'm confused!!! :/

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:08 am

Here are all the PJs I built & documented on here while I was trying to build them,I had mabey one or two replies, I figured it out on my own anyway,I am not hostile here,but a bit offended on nothing happening! ?
Attachments
IMG_20130416_195431_833.jpg

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:30 am

I messed up the pic, I'm not gloteing at all, but I thought they were something?
Attachments
IMG_20130416_195224_393.jpg
IMG_20130416_195224_393.jpg

irvine.j2

Post by irvine.j2 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:57 am

Its awesome to see people still avidly building away, I'm neaaarrrlllyy finished my study, january god willing and I can get back to building cool shit.

Just bought a lathe, next up a big ass 3 axis cnc machine... (maybe 4).
Sorted out a big ass nice hydrolic press to press entire engine halves milled out of alloy soon enough.

The forum seems to come in waves, now with facebook and all that jazz thing like this slow down cause you can get an instant response I guess. is the facebook page running?

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Sat May 04, 2013 11:22 am

I ran my HPX,on propane last night,it is a animal!!! & really barks!!! If I could only figure out how to make it run on just methanol,I bet shed fly a rc plane. Do you or anyone have any ideas for a good liquid fuel system? Thx much!!! :)
Attachments
IMG_20130503_220709_713.jpg

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Sun May 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Hello,I'm going for the ultimate gole,of a valveless rc plane, the hpx I built,seems like it could work, & been eyeballin the lady Ann boleyn, as flight engines, The methanol bladder system seems good,unless there's a better way?, I need to know what kind of injector,&were to locate it,for fwe variants,I see rossco injector all over on here,what is it?can I make it? I have searched the web & tried many ways to get it to sustain on methanol!!! So close,but no dice :( I need help! Cuz a valveless rc plane would be better than sliced bread!!! Or the bees knees!!! I know I'm not the 1st person with that gole, time ta git r dun!!! :)

irvine.j2

Post by irvine.j2 » Sat May 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Look at the ARF plane on youtube that is found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN7DAtqOkmc

Seems perfect for it, nice big and easy to modify.
So how are you making your valves, I've bought some blue tempered c1095 steel and planned to electroetch it, do you do the same with good results?
Cheers mate.
As for injectors I'm all for venturi injectors now, like a simple carb they work well and are proven to do so, at most maybe a small pump to assist if required. Simple, elegant and effective, high pressure fueling is and always will be a pain in the ass, but maybe easier one day when I have some time now I have a lathe ;)

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Tue May 21, 2013 1:35 am

I did the etching thing,its ALOT! of work! Check out my valve making machine on valved section,it works gr8!!! :)

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Wed May 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi,I really appreciate suggestions! On fwe types, I just can't seem to picture on where to locate the liquid injector? & what size orifice? Do you have a pic. Of a working liquid fuel system on a fwe style intake" pics speak 1000 words fwe me! Lol I really appreciate help!!! I've been using the 7.44 size cc & 3/4" intake, for engine size.It really runs strong! On propane,but its probably a total animal!!!on methanol & other liquids, thx so much for help! :)
Attachments
IMG_20130307_223605_523.jpg

irvine.j2

Post by irvine.j2 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:54 pm

I sadly have no pics or vids of all my old stuff, most of my engines I was forced to discard during moving a long time ago, in time I'll have a massive collection again!

I must tell you that the HPX was a combination work from Larry Cotrill, Ross Gordon, M and even Graham Williams and his work with the PJ calculator. I'm glad your having fun with it, it's a nice engine. As for flow/jectors I plan to experiment more shortly, but basically I was using a similiar laird style setup with a low flow cheap RC fuel pump early on which worked well, since I hate drilling intakes, an in line (flowjector style one would be most appropriate, with a viaflex baxter bag as a fuel tank. (IV saline bags are chemical resistant and work brilliantly keeping air out.) More to come soon. Here's some pics of my mini valve head going on a little 50mm CC soon.

This head has a venturi style inlet but my next one to suit the shown valve head will be flowjector style coming soon!
Can't wait to make it on the lathe.
Attachments
valve2.jpg
valve1.jpg

gettylee

Post by gettylee » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:19 am

Thx much for info,I've been figuring it out in baby steps,here is my latest PJ it has 2" cc
Attachments
IMG_20130601_214522_524.jpg