pulsejet go kart

Moderator: Mike Everman

PyroJoe
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: pulsejet go kart

Post by PyroJoe » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:46 pm

I do think augmenters add thrust, but have no technique to quantify it. What are your observations?

There is not a good method to find decibles from video, so not sure how loud it is.

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:42 pm

the sound was too high, and it pushed the cycle hard, and the thrust was felt more than 6to 7 meters effectively.

PyroJoe

Post by PyroJoe » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:50 pm

:D
Let us know how it pushes the bike, but make safety the first priority.

kevin lee

Post by kevin lee » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:33 am

have you riden this yet? in a safe manner :roll: haha

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:11 pm

kevin lee wrote:have you riden this yet? in a safe manner :roll: haha
Still getting ready with the batteries for my blower, because i cannot ride my cycle near my house. So i decided to ride it in highways or empty grounds. I will post the video as soon as i ride it. :)

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:30 pm

One question here, i planned to fit a 5kg gas tank but i have a doubt whether it will be enough to propel my engine.
Update:
I have covered all the danger areas with double layer of sheet.
I will post the video of me riding the bicycle :D :D within three days.

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 am

ATLAST SUCCEEDED MY LONG TERM GOAL
Hello everyone this is the first time i ran my bicycle with the engine i thought to run the bicycle for two rounds but unfortunately the end plate got damaged and flamed out so i was able to run the bicycle for 12 seconds. And really augmenter was very useful for my engine it gave some good amount of power. This was my long term goal atlast i achieved it successfully without any damage to me.

video took by my sister and initially my mom was holding the engine, thanks to them. And also thanks to pulsejet forum members. Next i planned to change the combustion chamber with stainless steel. At the end you could see the picture of the damaged end plate. Forgot to tell the sound was enormous.
http://youtu.be/it4HFCWSu_0

PyroJoe

Post by PyroJoe » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Good to hear you escaped without harm.

I wouldn't have predicted it opening the end plate like that, interesting damage. Unfortunately pressure will create a load on a corner, typically they hold together, sometimes they don't. The tail pipe typically will crush, only a few have blown a CC end cap.

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:23 pm

PyroJoe wrote:Good to hear you escaped without harm.

I wouldn't have predicted it opening the end plate like that, interesting damage. Unfortunately pressure will create a load on a corner, typically they hold together, sometimes they don't. The tail pipe typically will crush, only a few have blown a CC end cap.
Joe iam sure that my engine was powerful because it pulls me so hard i was trying to control it. Last time i forgot to tell that after augmentation engine is getting red hot sooner than before i dont know why?

PyroJoe

Post by PyroJoe » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:51 pm

I would propose that is because the engine is producing higher temperatures and pressures for more of the cycle. More of the CC is swept clean of exhaust allowing a better fill ratio of the CC. The pressure is released more slowly through the augmentors, and directs the intake exhaust in a specific direction.