first pulse jet

Moderator: Mike Everman

demon6soul
Antipspambot question: 125

first pulse jet

Post by demon6soul » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:46 pm

hey guys im new here. i just built my first pulse jet, its a AFW and looks like an abrtion! but it still worked very well here some pics
Attachments
2 (7).jpg
2 (6).jpg
2 (5).jpg
2 (4).jpg
2 (3).jpg
2 (2).jpg
2 (1).jpg
2.jpg

kevin lee

Re: first pulse jet

Post by kevin lee » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:59 pm

nice one mate, congrats, itrs great too fire up your first pj :)

did it start up ok?? is there much diference between AFW and FWE? I wonder if the changes eric made were improvements!!

demon6soul

Post by demon6soul » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

thanx. well it took me a few tries and a few ideas n how to get it started. i had once of those friction push button grill starters for the spark plug but it just wasnt putting out a strong/fast enough spark. i tied into the ignition coil one of the cars with some speaker wire and jumper cables and had my gf crank the car. many mild shocks later and the right fuel/air ratio and it was humming away. this build was intended to be as cheap and easy as possible. i dont know if the FWE or AFW have many differences, jonestly i just found plsfor the AFW n the beck-technologies site and went work. hnestly i didnt think this one would work. the pieces and perfectly round like a pipe would be but are as good as i could get it with pounding it with a rubber mallet on the ground using 18 gauge mild steel. also i have a cheap flux core welding maching i bought from harbr frieght a few mnths agoo, recently teaching myself how to "weld" lol but i look forward to my next pj, i just dont know which one i should chose next, i definatly want to go bigger and better. any suggestions?

kevin lee

Post by kevin lee » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Iam in the same boat as you, what to do next :)

My first pj was just lashed together and ran quite well as a heater. If you want some really awesome plans for a large 40 pound pj look up Metiz's m40. There is a comprehensive .pdf on one of the last couple pages of the thread, it has all templates ready too print.

My ignition is similar but uses a battery drill instead of a car engine ha.

My thread is a couple threads down. Called new member intro with ignition. Me be some inspiration :)

Thanks
Kevin.

BTW I see jdm cars, do you drift?

PyroJoe

Post by PyroJoe » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Glad to see its up and running, welding can take some time to get used to. Welcome to the forum!