second pulsejet

Moderator: Mike Everman

ganuganu
Antipspambot question: 125

second pulsejet

Post by ganuganu » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 am

hello everybody this is my second pulsejet made by me..the plans were given by "metiz"..iam doing this for my collage fabrication project..after buying the LPG cylinder i will test it..take a look at it..
Attachments
14032011091.jpg
14032011090.jpg
14032011089.jpg

PyroJoe

Re: second pulsejet

Post by PyroJoe » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Good work on the engine! 8)
The position of the intakes may be a little dangerous if it is to be run on the bicycle in that position.
Sometimes during start up or a flame out, several cubic feet of flame can pour from the intakes and/or exhaust.

It is best to keep the intakes and exhaust several feet away from the body of the driver.

larry cottrill
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by larry cottrill » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:24 pm

ganuganu -

Yes, that is very nice, and PyroJoe is right. Also, you will definitely need a sizeable heat shield (sheet aluminum) to protect you, the bike paint, and the rear tire!

Another complication is that to keep the bike manageable, you need to mount the engine as close to the frame as possible.

Yet another complication is the amount of fuel this engine will take. Are you going to use propane? If so, be aware that a 20 lb (10 kg) cylinder will run this engine (at full power) for only a few minutes! In your country do the cylinders have OPDs (Overfill Protection Devices)? You will probably need a cylinder with a straight "torch valve" (NO OPD) to get the power you need. That means only QUALIFIED operators should be allowed to refill your cylinder, by weighing the propane as they fill it!

Also, you MUST provide for automatic fuel shutoff in an emergency (for example, the rider leaving the seat of the bike), OR if the engine stops pulsed running for any reason.

L Cottrill

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:15 am

hello sir..iam happy that you replied for my post..ya i WILL place a heat shield sir..but in our country we have 5kg cylinder and 12kg cylinder..can i use an 5kg cylinder WILL it be suitable for riding for atleast 2min..

Jutte
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Jutte » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:50 am

A heat shield is a must - the radiated heat is pretty fierce.
Hearing protection is a must. Plus helmet etc - ( ie: Think Motorbike racing gear etc.)
A good idea is to read what Eric says about side mounted engines on bikes.
( In the "Running Pulsejets - Setting up and running pulsejets SAFELY" section).
Try to balance all the masses centrally- engine, LPG cyclinder in a line.( bit hard if your engine is off set )
Good idea to ensure the heat shield comes between you and the intake as well -
otherwise you might suffer from a pulse jet induced migraine. (Hearing protection is a must even under a helmet!)
Some sort of fuel cutoff is a definte must - if you and your bike part ways the bike will stop only if two things happen -
it crashes ...or..it runs out of fuel...and then crashes.Take it from me I have seen a motorcross bike go a loooonngg
way with no rider !
Practice emergency drills ( ie: If it all goes to custard - screaming like a little girly isn't going to do much)
Got a fire extinguisher handy? Back up crew?First Aid kit?
Have lots of fun - and above all... be SAFE !

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:47 pm

thanks for the advice everyone..i will safely ride my pulsejet bicycle.. :D :D ..and going to have lots of fun..

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:53 am

not enough gas so iam going to replace the 5kg cylinder by 15kg LPG cylinder..take a look at the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gpQ1kanqQQ

ganuganu

Post by ganuganu » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:02 am

actually i was not able to get the continuously running video of my engine because during my examination time we should not use cell phones..but no worries here is my video which was started 2 weeks before(highly tuned chinese type),designed by metiz(pulsejet forum and youtube)..you can see the cycle shaking due to the thrust produced by the engine from 0:50 sec..

iam just hold the injector with airgun and adjusting the injector for good thrust thats why the engine is giving the thrust in an alternate manner..engine was successfully self sustained..here is my video..

http://youtu.be/MQDhSySdomA

note: during my exam time it ran very well because i fixed the injector in its favourable place..and in the above video the cycle was locked to prevent the movement of cycle..