Scale up a Maupin-type PJ

Moderator: Mike Everman

Nachtkauz
Antipspambot question: 125

Scale up a Maupin-type PJ

Post by Nachtkauz » Wed May 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Hello !

I want to build a Maupin-PJ, but the 2 inch OD from the original plan seems pretty small, would rather like 4 or 6 inch.

the original plan: http://www.jgokey.com/Maupin.jpg

How could I scale this up ?

Sebastian

metiz

Re: Scale up a Maupin-type PJ

Post by metiz » Wed May 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Try Eric's pulse-jet calculator
and this topic. seems like the images are unavailable though...
Quantify the world.

Nachtkauz

Post by Nachtkauz » Thu May 20, 2010 7:06 am

I tried to use Erics PJ Calculator, downloaded two different versions with the same name ( pjc14, one has 361kb, the other 574kb).
In the one I only see the cone and augmenter calculator, in the other only a text (Pulsejet Calculator 1.4 FAQ and Troubleshooting).

I guess, I did something wrong...

Like You said, the images from the other thread are unavailable, and without, its to hard to understand for me.

sorry

dynajetjerry
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by dynajetjerry » Thu May 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi, Gang,

A word of caution, if I may, to anyone who hopes to use drawings and/or other information supplied by J. Houston Maupin. Though some of his material may be valid, I've found no evidence that he actually fabricated and successfully operated all his designs. I tried many times to contact him in Tipp City (I live 20 miles NW of there,) but other area Maupins deny knowing him and the local BBB has no information.

The "jet bike" in his ad was the creation of people at Aeromarine Co. in (about,) 1948; Maupin was not involved in any way and his literature did not show much about its D5-1 pulsejets. That engine employed 5 modified D-J valve head assemblies and developed 30-35 lbs. static thrust.

Jerry
Louder is always better.