Beck Technologies

Moderator: Mike Everman

Penguingeoff
Antipspambot question: 125

Beck Technologies

Post by Penguingeoff » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:41 am

Hello from Tasmania. I have been trying to contact Eric at Beck Technologies for2 weeks now with no reply. I ordered a pulse jet from him on the 4th April. Has anyone heard from him. Geoff

metiz

Re: Beck Technologies

Post by metiz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 am

Try PM'ing him on the forum
Quantify the world.

Eric
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Eric » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to recover from losing just about all of our current digital data. Our backup computer got zapped, completely fried, and our primary computer's windows login password somehow spontaneously changed itself, probably from some kind of remote intrusion, we were able to forcibly reset the password to access the PC without reformatting, but pretty much all of the user data files were encrypted on the drive, and are completely inaccessible now because of the forced password change, which was basically hacking into our own pc. Its completely stupid that this could even happen, the password was just a 5 letter password to keep random visitors from accessing the computer.

According to microsoft they wont be usable unless the original password is "remembered", which isnt possible. The same goes for the POS usb backup drive we have. The only data and files we have access to at the moment were months old ones backed up to DVD, which unfortunately were not done on a regular basis. Also our domain email system is now virtually unusable, emails cant be searched, organized, that is if they are even received in the first place, and a good portion of them seem to be missing altogether. I know I sent multiple emails to certain people on certain dates, and they simply arent there.

Long story short I'm frantically trying to go through shipping receipts, and a massive pile of incomplete printouts trying to figure out what has shipped and what hasn't, and going through emails one by one, trying to double check to see if I'm missing anything. Its made even more frustrating, by the fact that shortly before all this, I finished making the most highly organized and easy to use invoicing, payment, and shipping database tool I've ever seen to speed things up and reduce workload, that has all the info in, but cant be accessed.

If you could email me your address and order info / invoice I'll get your stuff boxed up asap. I set up a gmail account in the mean time until we get things worked out, if anyone else cant get ahold of me email me at becktechnologiesllc (AT) gmail.com

Also trying to find a more stable host for our site and domain email. Moving to the new shop has been one nightmare after the next, I'm sure everything will get running smoothly about a month before we move out.

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

metiz

Post by metiz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Hey Eric

Would it not be possible to brute-force the windows password?
Quantify the world.

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Well its not that I forgot the original password, it would be impossible to forget, which means it was changed somehow, and could be any length. I tried 3 different keyboards incase something was messed up with one. But it quickly became apparent that it wasnt the original password anymore.

I have at best a basic understanding of hacking, what is possible and how to do really really simple things, but the only reason I was able to even gain access to the PC without reformatting was because linux install CD's can force a change on encrypted administrator passwords, and some programmers made a tool based on it, but you cant access the encrypted files. At the moment I dont even have a second PC that could be used for a brute force attack, and with windows having something like a 140 character password limit, with 255 possible keys per character, brute forcing even a 10 character password becomes a huge task, cause there are something like 1,162,523,670,191,533,212,890,625 possible combination's.

If someone hacked the super simple password and changed it to 140 characters just to be a prick, there's no way anything short of a CIA supercomputer is going to brute force it in our lifetime.

Im not sure what other options are out there, and I'm betting trying to crack 128 bit software file encryption is going to take longer than simply trying to get everything running again, and just call the few months worth of files a complete loss.

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

metiz

Post by metiz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:05 pm

It should be possible to simply uncover the password instead of cracking it. Windows security in that area is notoriously bad. what OS are you using?
Quantify the world.

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:06 pm

xp pro

Dont think its too easy to decrypt the passwords, unless you believe some of the guys on youtube. I didnt see anything credible online.

metiz

Post by metiz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:30 pm

ok try this. it will create a floppy or cd from wich you can boot. This tool allows you to reset any password. Do not use if you have EFS encryped files; these will be unreadable after the procedure unless the original password is entered (so yeah)
Quantify the world.

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Thats basically what was used, as a bootable CD.

metiz

Post by metiz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Ok just trying to help. I do have a degree in this shit.
Quantify the world.

Penguingeoff

Post by Penguingeoff » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:39 am

Eric, I will try to email my address etc to the address you suggested. Hope it gets to you. Geoff from Tassie. Ps I did PM you twice.

keith mcconnell

Post by keith mcconnell » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:18 pm

What's the best way to find the price for the pulse jet plans cd and book. If you still have them I would like to order them.
Thanks,

Keith McConnell
skmba32@comcast.net

Penguingeoff

Post by Penguingeoff » Sat May 08, 2010 9:17 am

Still trying to get a delivery from Eric. I've tried PMing, emails to him on Gmail. Anyone know how to contact him by phone? Been waiting since 4th April for a delivery date. Can anyone help? thanks, Geoff

Kool

Post by Kool » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:59 am

Is it true the new beck-technologies.com website and youtube channel has nothing to do with Eric Beck?
...It's better to generate heat efficiently, than recover it efficiently...

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:37 pm

metiz wrote:ok try this. it will create a floppy or cd from wich you can boot. This tool allows you to reset any password. Do not use if you have EFS encryped files; these will be unreadable after the procedure unless the original password is entered (so yeah)
Used this tool for years and it really does work as described. It does not "crack" a password but re-sets it, normally to blank. Then you login. As said by Metiz if you used EFS then you've had it as you wont be able to read any files.