Production Model.pdf
the plan
(16.37 KiB) Downloaded 440 times

dynajetjerry
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: a great desig

Post by dynajetjerry » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Newbieflyer,
I can give you a definite "maybe." Almost any type of pulse-jet can be made to run if certain parameters are met. Your propose design is rather monstrous, leading me to suspect many details could be changed to improve your chances of success. Of greatest importance is the exact design of the valve bank. Lengths could be reduced and some diameters changed, as well as eliminating sharp corners in the path of the internal air flows.
The purpose of your design will dictate appropriate changes and sizes. If it is to power an airplane, its weight and thrust, as shown, will probably be disappointing.
Jerry
Louder is always better.

newbieflyer
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by newbieflyer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:27 am

I wrote it 10 times too big! the whole thing is 51cm long.

dynajetjerry
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by dynajetjerry » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:26 pm

newbieflyer,
Now you're talking! That size is slightly shorter than the Minijet of 1946 and would probably run OK, providing the valve bank is well made. However, your inlet venturi is pretty small and may require a very small fuel nozzle. This, in turn, can be easily clogged by tiny solids in the fuel, even though it might be pretty well filtered. Of course, the effective air area of the valve bank will dictate all other parameters. For static or low-speed operation, your p-j would be more reliable, perhaps, if the discharge were flared to about 1-1/4 times the tailpipe diameter.
Bill is somewhat of a "Flibberty Gibit" and can be difficult to locate. But I'm surprised at your difficulty in getting a response from Curtis. I have talked to their rep several times, via phone, and had no trouble other than differences of opinion. I'll give 'em a try.
Jerry
Louder is always better.

newbieflyer
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by newbieflyer » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:26 am

Thanks. I live in china so there is cheap cheap labor so I could give a factory a bit of money and they'll make it for me.