Humm ... Did I See This Before ????

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Humm ... Did I See This Before ????

Post by luc » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:23 pm

Greetings,

Hummmm ... Interesting ....

Did I see this http://www.tipjet.com/g8-2-20i_detail.htm before????

Yes ... On this image from our archives ...

Interesting ... A commercialized 20 lbs. round intake 2nd generation pressure jet when we were the first company to produce one.

I wounder where this comes from ... I will certainly have to investigate this further.

The "Similaritudes" are quite "Similar" you will admit.

Regards,
Attachments
10K (20 pnds).pdf
(105.13 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Jim Berquist
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Jim Berquist » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:22 am

Looks like a Pressure Jet of some sort!

http://www.pulse-jets.com/phpbb2/viewfo ... ec09523365

http://www.rqriley.com/gluharef.html

I think one actually was flown one time!

Valveless is so much simpler and less complicated!! Power out put has serpassed the pressure jet I think?
WHAT TO FRAP, IT WORKED![url=callto://james.a.berquist]Image[/url]

tufty

Post by tufty » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:04 pm

I think the words "pressure jet" in Luc's post might have made that fairly clear :)

Tipjet and RJR are the "well known" pressure jet / gluhareff clone manufacturers, and their jets are *ahem* not entirely reputed for matching their stated thrust figures. 'nuff said. If you want to get the full story on RJR's products, it's worth reading the monster pressure jest thread here

Luc, on the other hand, makes pressure jets that get tested on a pressure cell, and shipped with *actual* thrust figures.

As for thrust : from the other thread (oddly enough, in the pressure jet forum),
Luc wrote:At one point we had readings showing 209 lbs. of thrust from a 9 pounds engine, but this reading still needs to be secured steady from one engine to another.

Our last one is 337 lbs. of thrust from a 36 pounds engine (9.36 to 1 ratio). But we had to kill that big engine very fast for it was generating so much heat that it was dangerously heating our new test cell walls up to a point we could not stand our hands on it and we were affraid of fire.

This engine's testing is still on standby and until we get the walls modified so they don't heat-up so much.

luc

Post by luc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:17 pm

Looks like a Pressure Jet of some sort!
That was not the point ... We all know this is a pressure jet.
I think one actually was flown one time!
This too was not the point ... We all know that some first generation pressure jet flew years ago. I actually have here a vidéo tape provided to me by our friend Dave, showing a first generation pressure jet flying on a MIG 21 look like "Drone" (Dave ... I still have your tape by the way).
Valveless is so much simpler and less complicated!!
Indeed ... We all know that too ...
Power out put has serpassed the pressure jet I think?
Well ... This is where your thinking is wrong, especially with the outcome of our PulseRam and we have yet to see a valveless delivering thrust with only 108 to 120 dBA noise output like the PulseRam does. Power output is one thing ... Noise level is another one.

Anyway ... My point was with my message, that GLC was the first company to manufacture a 20 lbs. second generation pressure jet with a round intake and my observations goes torward that fact and the similaritude between tipjet.com's G8-2-20I and our 10K second generation pressure jet, especially looking at the way these two engines were 3d modeled, there are alot of similaritudes.

Big lesson learned here for us ...

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:23 pm

Personally Luc I wouldn't get my knickers in a knot over it,
I could patent my left foot today, only to find out someones patented my left foot with more hair on them then the stupid hobbit feet I already have. Don't loose sleep over it, i'm pretty sure if i was into pressure jets I would have tried a circular intake at some point, man you should see the intakes i'm playing with right now... but no one gets to see those :-P

But if your hellbent on dipping wads of 50 dollar bills in fishguts and throwing them to the sharks (IE Patent attorneys) why not dip them in fish guts and throw them over to me, I need a metal lathe anyway. :-D
Peace out.
James.
James- Image KEEPING IT REAL SINCE 1982
http://pulseairdefence.com
[url=callto://project42labs]Image[/url]

luc

Post by luc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:35 pm

tufty wrote:I think the words "pressure jet" in Luc's post might have made that fairly clear :)

Tipjet and RJR are the "well known" pressure jet / gluhareff clone manufacturers, and their jets are *ahem* not entirely reputed for matching their stated thrust figures. 'nuff said. If you want to get the full story on RJR's products, it's worth reading the monster pressure jest thread here

Luc, on the other hand, makes pressure jets that get tested on a pressure cell, and shipped with *actual* thrust figures.

As for thrust : from the other thread (oddly enough, in the pressure jet forum),
Luc wrote:At one point we had readings showing 209 lbs. of thrust from a 9 pounds engine, but this reading still needs to be secured steady from one engine to another.

Our last one is 337 lbs. of thrust from a 36 pounds engine (9.36 to 1 ratio). But we had to kill that big engine very fast for it was generating so much heat that it was dangerously heating our new test cell walls up to a point we could not stand our hands on it and we were affraid of fire.

This engine's testing is still on standby and until we get the walls modified so they don't heat-up so much.
Well Said M. Tufty,

Actually ... If you read this thread Posted Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:10 pm Post subject: "Original Gluhareff Engines / We have 2" in the pressure jet forum, you will note that GLC has purchased two historical pressure manufactured by Engene himself, which were tested and prooven not to deliver their specified thrust. We still have these engines by the way.

Anyway, my point was about the similaritude between the two engines in my above message ... Period.

I "Personally", am "Almost" certain where all this comes from ... This is also why I say above ... "Big lesson learned for us".

Lets put it this way ... Next time we get phone calls such as :
"Hello ... My name is Irina Gluhareff, Eugene's daughter and I admire your works ... ... Bla bla bla" or "Heyyy, you GLC peoples are so good and so nice, can you help me build my own pressure jet?" The only thing they will they will get is a "Have a nice day" followed by a dial tone.

We have HISTORY of such events and even to a point where an individual approached our employees with a $$$ offer to have them copy and build our engine out of GLC's walls. Luckelly, we have loyal and dedicated employees who turned this guy down and repported this to me.

This is basically the main reasons why GLC had to lower its profile and increase its security level.

This planet is a jungle and will never cease to impress me with what is out there.

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Post by luc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Irvine.J wrote:Personally Luc I wouldn't get my knickers in a knot over it,
I could patent my left foot today, only to find out someones patented my left foot with more hair on them then the stupid hobbit feet I already have. Don't loose sleep over it, i'm pretty sure if i was into pressure jets I would have tried a circular intake at some point, man you should see the intakes i'm playing with right now... but no one gets to see those :-P

But if your hellbent on dipping wads of 50 dollar bills in fishguts and throwing them to the sharks (IE Patent attorneys) why not dip them in fish guts and throw them over to me, I need a metal lathe anyway. :-D
Peace out.
James.
He he he ... Nice comment James.

Anyway ... Like I said above, this is just an observation and possibely a good lesson for all of us including this community's PJ designers and inventors.

No issue here as we have more important things to address.

I beleive now that GLC has its own hyghway and blue sky, we have secured a nice market and we will stay focus.

But it is not me to decide ... GLC is administrated by a Board of Directors, the item will be presented to them and they will decide what will be done or not.

As for my self, I am just following instructions and the majority of votes.

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Jim Berquist

Post by Jim Berquist » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:36 am

I apologize! I did not do such a good job reading. I saw the words Pressure Jet and the post looked to me as some one digging for more information.

It has been so long hearing the words PRESSURE JET, that I figured you just wanted more information on them.

I not being a Pressure Jet person, did not know that you actually build them.

Sir : Again I apologize and did not mean to Piss in Your Corn Flakes!

I will do you the service of not responding to any more pressure jet subjects.

Thank You : Jim

tufty

Post by tufty » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:05 am

berquistj@peoplepc.com wrote:Sir : Again I apologize and did not mean to Piss in Your Corn Flakes!

I will do you the service of not responding to any more pressure jet subjects.
Hey Jim.

Dunno about Luc, or anyone else, but IMO this board is not some elitist thing where you have to pass an exam to contribute, and although I might have riibbed you a bit in my original reply, I certainly wouldn't want to dissuade you (or see anyone else doing so) from contributing to all and any threads or subforums that you feel like. In fact, not responding when you have a question or something you feel you can contribute does nobody a service. Ain't no such thing as a stupid question, remember.

I *certainly* agree with your comments WRT patent attorneys, although I feel you may have been a little too kind in your use of metaphor, and I'd echo the sentiment:

Luc, it's probably not worth bothering with, irritating though it might be. The arguments used would probably be "we knew that the oval shape was a suboptimal solution due to the constraints of helicopter blade mounting, with those constraints removed it is obvious to anyone skilled in the art that a circular cross-section would be more efficient and easier to construct". Disclaimer: IANAL.

Anyway, unless I've inadvertantly done it to yours, Jim and if so, I apologise), I don't think anyones cornflakes have been pissed in. That said, my coffee tastes odd this morning, but I wasn't very awake when I made it; I may have got the "toilet" and "kettle" phases of wakeup mixed...

Simon

Jim Berquist

Post by Jim Berquist » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:53 pm

It's Cool! I'm Good with it. I just felt like I was taken to school over a simple mistake. No Animosity on this end.

Luc! I will update my knowledge of your knowledge on the subject and try to be more informed.

Tufty! Don't mix the sequence with the beer! Hope your second cup of coffee was better! :?

luc

Re: Humm ... Did I See This Before ????

Post by luc » Sat May 05, 2012 2:36 am

Hoooo yesssss ... I remember this one ...

Tipjet.com started advertizing its first "Round" intake 20 lbs. pressurejet ... While GLC was the first and only one having calculated, design, modeled and commercialized one. The similaritude, almost identical were IMPRESSIVE.

And the question at the time was "How the Heck did she put her hand on this one? With soon after realizing there was two possibilities ... One of them probably my fault in helping a young student with a school project, that I knew was having discussions with Irina ... And the other one.

Today ... I'm just flatered and happy looking at my 20 lbs. Round Intake baby advertized by Eugene Gluhareff's daugter.

My God ... Was GLC a Hell Hole or what? ... Unimaginable all the events, hurttles and stories this company had ... UNIMAGINABLE ...
Luc
Designer & Inventor