Conception GLC inc. / Great news

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by luc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:42 pm

Greetings Gentlemens,

Please have a look at this great news http://www.glcinc.ca/nouvelles.php

This now signed agreement and guaranteed sales not only secures GLC's futur for the next 5 years, but also allows the corporation to launch its second marketing phase, which will soon begin with the "PulseRam" Flight.

Congradulations to all GLC's team and associates for that success,

Best regards,

Luc Laforest, Pres. & CEO
Conception GLC inc.
www.glcinc.ca

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:51 pm

Congratulations, Luc! It took some imagination to apply a pulsejet to road repair, but in hindsight, why not?

I am now in cahoots with people developing UAVs so we may bump into each other at arms exhibitions and air shows. (I hasten to add that my involvement in the field has nothing to do with pulsejets!)

Good luck!

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:46 pm

Congratulations, Luc! That's a big deal. You should be proud of your hard work.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:04 pm

Yes, Luc (and Viv), my congratulations to you as well!

As Bruno has stated at times, pulsejet designers need to find the specific niche applications for which the devices are well suited. That's a big key to success, and you seem to have done a good job of it. Everything on your list of applications makes sense in some way. I especially like your mention of 'seed drying' (we would call it grain drying down here), which I have wanted to prove out as a good valveless pulsejet use for a long time.

Great work, gentlemen!

L Cottrill

luc

Post by luc » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:31 pm

Thanks gentlemens,

Like I said, this is the results of a team effort from all peoples involved since day one of GLC and I shure don't want to take all the credit for it. I am just one of the key players in this achievment.

As for "Pulsejets" or better said "Valveless Pulsejets" in commercial applications, our PulseRam being now down to 108 dBA noise level, which is no lounder then the asphalte compactor we have purchased and still a valveless engine, incorporate these crutial elements for entering this market and made all the difference.

Industrials really don't like lound and noisy equipments and parts (Valves) that breaks.

As for UAV's or UVS's as it is now called, we will very soon address this market with a marvelous agreement closed and a superb and ready 20 foot long fuselage by 20 foot long wingspan airframe waiting for GLC and the PulseRam some where (Not to blow the news yet).

Success usually comes with honnest dedication, continous hard work and persistance.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Luc Laforest, Pres. & CEO
Conception GLC inc.
www.glcinc.ca

luc

Post by luc » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:24 pm

Greetings Gents,

Here is a link to our local news paper's last aricle talking about this news http://www.letoiledulac.com/article-141 ... ouTec.html an in which you can see our big PulseRam boy.

We have cranked this engine up to 337 lbs. of thrust, it is only 36 lbs. heavy with a 118 dBA noise level and still no parts inside. This engine is our "Fly" boy and destined to be mounted on a 150 Lbs. airframe (I hope the pilot will go easy with the throttle stick).

Next and for your enjoyment, you will find pictures (Not in order) of :
- Our PHS behind our truck
- Our PHS behind Lou-Tec's truck
- Our newly realeased PHS towed package
- The PHS against snow
- The PHS against water
- And a picture of our big boy mounted in our new "Swing" dynamic test bench.

You will agree that looking at some of these picture, it is impressive how a small Pulsejet can blast things away ... Won't you?

I hope you will like these and as they are no secret anymore,

Best regards,
Attachments
Luc & TPRJ130v2 PulseRam.jpg
(70.48 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
PHS-Remorqué 4.jpg
PHS-Remorqué 4.jpg (78.95 KiB) Viewed 20537 times
Picture5 076.jpg
Picture5 076.jpg (193.55 KiB) Viewed 20539 times
PHS 3.jpg
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 193 times
PHS_vs_Eau_2.jpg
(529.37 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
PHS_vs_Neige_1.jpg
(526.17 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Luc
Designer & Inventor

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:50 pm

Luc -

Man, that is impressive stuff!

L Cottrill

luc

Post by luc » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:09 pm

larry cottrill wrote:Luc -

Man, that is impressive stuff!

L Cottrill
Indeed Larry,

And ALOT of hard work, perseverance and sometime, mixed with a few disappointments at first.

Trust me Larry … Sometime, we really had to keep on going with hurricane type winds going against us, but I believe now GLC really has something to go for and something solid.

Like I said above ... Honest dedication, continuous hard work and persistence often find its ways through.

I am well over due for well deserved vacations.

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

"Towed" PHS is now officially release

Post by luc » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:35 pm

Greetings guys,

Here, the PHS System "Towed" version is officialy release.

You can read the news on this page http://www.glcinc.ca/nouvelles.php along with some pictures and links.

By the way, the link leads to the french page but you can have the English version if you "Click" on "English" on the top left corner.

Lie we say ... "From now on … all can repair potholes and parking lots".

No more need to have a pickup truck to carry the PHS, as now, even someone with a "Mini Hustin" or any cars can carry it and fix potholes or parking lots.

I hope you will like this,

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mark

"Towed" PHS is now officially release

Post by Mark » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:18 am

You've really been hitting the pavement with this one. ha
Congratulations.
Presentation is Everything

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:51 am

Luc

It is good to see that someone has come up with a sustainable business model involving Pulse Jet technology. As others have said, road repair not the first thing I would have thought of, but is a natural application. Great work!

Hum,,, a UAV / UVS with a 20 foot wingspan, 150 pound airframe and 337 pounds of thrust. Now that sounds interesting to say the least. Looking forward to future posts on that one.

Dave

PS: Loved the news clip link on your web site http://www.glcinc.ca/Conception%20GLC%2 ... A-CJPM.wmv . Just wish I understood French…

luc

Re: Conception GLC inc. / Great news

Post by luc » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:33 pm

Dave wrote:Hum,,, a UAV / UVS with a 20 foot wingspan, 150 pound airframe and 337 pounds of thrust. Now that sounds interesting to say the least. Looking forward to future posts on that one
Yeap ... "Interesting" is the least we can say and the designated pilote already knows he has to go "Gentle" on that throttle once the bird will be airborn ... OR ... It will cost GLC a few windows.

We will keep posted,

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Irvine.J

GLC

Post by Irvine.J » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:44 pm

Hey Luc, what kind of thrust does that big monster on the video put out? Its startup looks crazy!
James- Image KEEPING IT REAL SINCE 1982
http://pulseairdefence.com
[url=callto://project42labs]Image[/url]

luc

Re: GLC

Post by luc » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:30 pm

Irvine.J wrote:... Its startup looks crazy!
He he he ... Indeed it looks crazy and obviously, you're one of the few who spoted this little detail.

The fact is, the test bench and engine are 94 lbs. heavy all together and obviously, you saw how fast and instantly the assembly goes forward once the engine "Locks-up", at idle I must point out.

In fact, this engine is 36 pounds heavy and we cranked it up to 337 lb. of thrust (9.36 thrust to weight ratio).

If you saw this movie http://www.glcinc.ca/Conception%20GLC%2 ... A-CJPM.wmv, I don't know if you've noted there is a wall and window that seperates the testcell and control room.

The first time our technician started and tested this engine, she basically shut the engine off after a few seconds and ran out of the control room as she was scared like hell that the engine would ram into the window ... He he he.

This engine is now destined to go on the airframe that is waiting for test flight.

I hope I have answered your question,

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

GLC's PHS System now Approved

Post by luc » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:34 pm

Greetings Guys,

Another great news and this one was something to achieve trust me.

If you look at this page http://www.glcinc.ca/nouvelles.php on the English version, you will note this last news "The PHS System is now an "Approved" system".

Indeed, our PHS System passed its final inspection phase before the Intertek (AN) http://www.intertek-labtest.com/ firm's inspectors, as an appliance evaluated under the special evaluation program in accordance with the requirements of CAN/CSA-B149.3-05 code.

I don't know if you realize the impact of such achievment, but first, I beleive this is the first time a thermo acoustic jet engine get such approval as a "Commercial" combustion chamber or burner within an appliance.

And second, this approval was granted for the first time to a system using "Nitrogen Pressure Compensation" in replacment of a fuel pump.

I have to admit the inspectors gave this special aspect of our system great attention and for which, we had to give extended explainations.

But it's now thing of the past, the system is approved and GLC has now secured a path for all futur system involving a thermo acoustic burner and a "Pump Free" fuel supply system.

If one day some of you need to cross that barrier like GLC had too, you can shure contact me and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor