Earl Bailey

Moderator: Mike Everman

noclassmac1972
Antipspambot question: 0

Earl Bailey

Post by noclassmac1972 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:59 am

I have just heard that Earl Bailey Passed away last sunday He will be sadly missed by all pulsejet fans.

God speed Earl

Robert Bolton

dynajetjerry

re: Earl Bailey

Post by dynajetjerry » Sat May 06, 2006 2:35 pm

Like many others in our hobby, I am shocked and very sorry by the passing of Earl Bailey. The last time I talked to him (at Muncie last July,) he seemed to be his usual self, active and in pretty good humor.

I have no idea as to the reasons for his death.

Jerry
Louder is always better.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sat May 06, 2006 2:53 pm

That is sad. I regret I missed my chance to talk to him. I'm sure he was a character.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

noclassmac1972

Post by noclassmac1972 » Sat May 06, 2006 2:54 pm

By the sound of it Earl suffered a stroke a little while ago and died of complications. He was definately a great source of advice (when asked) I Hope his jets will continue too be made as they definately are the best quality of any comercial units

Robert Bolton

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sun May 07, 2006 7:51 am

R.I.P.

He made life merrier for hundreds, perhaps thousands of people. Not a bad legacy, I'd say.

Jonny69

Post by Jonny69 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:45 pm

Yup, RIP Earl.

Eric

Post by Eric » Mon May 08, 2006 5:17 am

That is really sad news. To say he had a huge impact on the hobby would be an understatement.

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

larry cottrill

Re: re: Earl Bailey

Post by larry cottrill » Mon May 08, 2006 1:12 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:He made life merrier for hundreds, perhaps thousands of people. Not a bad legacy, I'd say.
Yes, that's what it's about, really. I never knew him, of course, but it seems obvious that the quality of what he produced speaks volumes for his character. His life proves that you don't have to be "known by millions" to have a tremendous impact.

L Cottrill

dynajetjerry

Post by dynajetjerry » Mon May 08, 2006 2:50 pm

My latest info on Earl's death is that it was due, in part, to several errors made during surgery for the cause for his stroke. While I can't debate that story, I suspect there was more to the problem than that.

Jet Bill attended Earl's funeral in West Virginia, a surprise to those of us who always assumed Earl was a native Texan. Had I known, in time, of the funeral, I might have also gone down.

Don Laird telephoned Jet Bill and Earl's sister and learned a little of what happened.

We are all losers because of this tragedy.

Jerry
Louder is always better.

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon May 08, 2006 6:14 pm

I remember calling Earl on the phone several times. The first time I was kind of hesitant, not really knowing what I was going to ask or even if he had the time to talk. And yet each time I called him, our talks lasted about an hour, he was very easy going, he listened to me and I listened to him. Funny all the little details we touched upon just chatting, one thought leading to the next.
I still haven't run the engine I bought from him several years ago. I told him it was very pretty after it arrived and he said thank you. But one day I will start it up.
Sad to hear the news.
Mark
Presentation is Everything

Teresa

Post by Teresa » Fri May 19, 2006 4:06 pm

My name is Teresa, Earl Bailey's youngest child. For those of you that don't know, my dad has 5 children. My dad died on April 30th - it was his 76th birthday. My dad had a stroke early March caused by high blood pressure. We were really happy with the progress my dad was making on his recovery and was excepted to leave the hosptial very soon to continue his therapy at his kids' homes. My dad died during a minor procedure due to an error by the doctor. Needless to say, we are all very upset about our loss. My dad was burried May 6th in West Virginia at our family cemetery. We have been left with the task of closing his machine shop (including the jet business) that he has ran for about 50 years. We are still making decisions on how to best handle this, however, we will need to maximize the return on the business to help cover the medical and funeral expenses. We have set up a website listing the machines (automatedmachinerycloseout.com). We are looking into finishing up the jets that were in production. We are not able to commit how many jets we will be able to complete. If you are interested in be contacted when we have this information available, you can e-mail my brother George at sales@automatedmachinerycloseout.com. Making jet engines was my dad's passion. I appreciate all the kind words. I know my dad would have been honored by all the kind words as well.

noclassmac1972

Post by noclassmac1972 » Fri May 19, 2006 11:20 pm

I have just recieved a email From George Bailey saying that they will be filling all existing orders for jets made before Earl Died. Once this is done they will be auctioning any spare parts on ebay or a similar webpage to allow everybody a fair chance. They are hoping to sell off the Jet making side of the buisness too allow for The hobby to continue. If I hear any more I will let you guys know

Robert Bolton

BaileyJet

BMS Jet was posted as indicated on eBay

Post by BaileyJet » Sun May 20, 2007 6:01 pm

I have received numerous requests to purchase my father's pulse jet engines after his passing. To be fair, we decided eBay would be the best forum to allow for an equal opportunity to acquire an engine.

I would like to thank you all for the kind words about my father. He was truly a great man.

Regards,

George Bailey

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-BMS-Pulse-Jet-E ... dZViewItem

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sun May 20, 2007 8:49 pm

Thank you for the heads up, George, and welcome to the forum! I don't know if you plan on contributing beyond this, but it sure is nice to see the name here.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

BaileyJet

Post by BaileyJet » Mon May 21, 2007 3:47 am

Mike,

Thanks for the greeting. I am new to this hobbie, but I do plan to become more active.

George