A Revolution in Pressure Jet Technology

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

re: A Revolution in Pressure Jet Technology

Post by Mike Everman » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:30 pm

Not going to take it bad, but I do wish I had a nickel for every time you've written us off, Luc! <grn>

There are many thousands of engineers at NASA. Some of them, I'm told, are kind of interested in propulsion.. ha ha
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: re: A Revolution in Pressure Jet Technology

Post by luc » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:38 pm

Mike Everman wrote:you've written us off, Luc! <grn>
You will have to explain this last one to me Mike, for as a french canadian, I don't quite catch the meaning of "Written us OFF".

I am also well aware off the thousand NASA's engineer and the fact that propulsion is an area of great interest.

But you know me ... I will always encourage "straight forwardness" and "Honesty", including for everyone.

I always questions when someone stays in the shade. Some of you might critisize me on alot of stuff, but I am 100% sure that if one day someone from those big company, woudl have come forward and say "Hi, my name is so and so and I work for NASA or any other company", this forum would probably be 1/2 the size it is right now.

The difference between myself and shit load of peoples ... Is that I don't just dream, wish and bitch ... I act.

The day big entities will participate, encourage, recongnize and support innovatives minds, is yet to come, and can only be achieved when peoples decide to act and speak loud, instead of sitting on it.

Maybe I am one of the "Write OFF" types (Taking it is a bad comment), but one thing is for shure, for I am not part of the ones preying.

Take it or leave, but I act for living my life with an every day clear and clean conscience, the rest or what peoples might think, bearing no importance at all.

Again, I invite all peoples actually staying in the shade, to step forward and participate.

No wounder "Patent Offices" exist today.

Cya,

Luc

luc

Post by luc » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:58 pm

Mike Everman wrote:Very cool. Of course I can't wait to see what it's about, when you're protected. Congratulations!
Yes it is cool and yes we are protected.

But why the hell should we tell more about it, for as soon as we write something, there is always someone to come after, telling us "We are Bullshit" and trowing slaps in our faces.

Just look at your message above. I come straight forward informing you guys about something we found (NASA), to help and for your own awarness and I even tell where the info will be later on .... And bang, I get it again.

You guys are allergic to us or what? If your life is so misserable for you always have to hit on someone, buy your self a dog or a punching bag for Christ sake.

Anyway ... My only goals was to help and inform. I wish everyone could say the same.

Cya,

Luc

luc

Post by luc » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:06 pm

Ben wrote:You're just really paranoid
Paranoid is better ... Then plain STUPID and BLIND ... Ben.

And Noooo ... Nothing will be posted here ... Even when patent granted.

Why should we? ... To get slamed by someone like you once more ... Forget it mate.

Shit ... I realy need to understand why I always come back here. I really must like to get beated up like this ... Maybe I should look into BDSM or something like that.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:33 pm

Well, I guess you are all right. Luc and Viv are ever so slightly paranoid. On the other hand, even paranoid people are spied upon and can have people with dark designs after them.

I know for certain that a lot of people in fairly important places are keeping an eye on this forum. Just in case. It doesn't cost them anything and they never know what this bunch of loonies and pajeros can come up with.

What I recognize is that Luc and Viv have a much greater stake in this than practically anyone else on this forum. If their venture fails, they lose their asses. If our little ventures fail, we find another hobby.

With that in mind, I am willing to give them greater leeway than I would give someone else. Also, they look funny when they are paranoid and then we all have something to smirk about.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:37 pm

Luc wrote:Shit ... I realy need to understand why I always come back here. I really must like to get beated up like this ... Maybe I should look into BDSM or something like that.
Luc, you come back here because it is home. It may stink a little, but it is warm. People grumble and rile you and jest with you, but they understand you. Who else does? They even love you, though they'd never admit it. You may hate the fact, but -- for better or worse -- you belong here.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:50 pm

Luc,
You are not being criticized, and we just have an interest in what you're doing. I can certainly live without knowing, and at the same time wish you guys luck.

Seems that you enjoy telling us how little you're going to tell us in long winded attacks on lurkers in case they might be watching. That's OK, but these few guys posting aren't your problem. I usually come away from these posts feeling insulted and unworthy of your magnificence somehow.

No one else here posts their deepest, dearest ideas and discoveries either.

luc

Post by luc » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:00 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:Well, I guess you are all right. Luc and Viv are ever so slightly paranoid. On the other hand, even paranoid people are spied upon and can have people with dark designs after them.

I know for certain that a lot of people in fairly important places are keeping an eye on this forum. Just in case. It doesn't cost them anything and they never know what this bunch of loonies and pajeros can come up with.

What I recognize is that Luc and Viv have a much greater stake in this than practically anyone else on this forum. If their venture fails, they lose their asses. If our little ventures fail, we find another hobby.

With that in mind, I am willing to give them greater leeway than I would give someone else. Also, they look funny when they are paranoid and then we all have something to smirk about.
Damnnn ... At last ... Someone who is bright enough to catch and understand it all.

Anyone here, would be paranoid if they had invented the engine we just did and you are right when you say that most peoples here have nothing to loose or almost.

Most of the peoples here, still play with engines that have'nt evolved in the last 50 years and will not in the next 50 years also. But we don't.

Every so often, we come here, friendly, to show our progress while not compromising what we are doing and we always fall on a stupid idiot who has nothing to do then just jump in our face. If you are so clever Ben, why don't you bring us an innovation ... You smart ass. I die to see this day ... and see the day YOU will share it like we do.

Do you really think Viv and I are not dieying to come up and say ... "Here guys, have a look at this ... This is how we did it", but we can't. If we do this, we are dead in weeks and thrust me, this new engine will be out of bound for all of us.

We give bits and pieces, as we CAN without compromizing any thing, for the best knowledge of all.

But we are just plain sick of being BASHED by some of your GENIUS minds and caracters like Ben and others. Before you can open your big fat mouth ... Why do you proove yourself before ... Then, you could talk.

And as far as "Home" is concern Bruno ... I have seen much better one before.

But thanks for the support and understanding Bruno. Obviously, you are one of the few who has a clear vision about all this and understand our position.

Cya mate,

Luc

El-Kablooey

Post by El-Kablooey » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:28 pm

What's got you so riled, Luc?? All that I see here is interest and congratulations. Mike made one little light-hearted poke, but I don't think he meant anything by it at all.

Just chill man, we are all happy for you here.
On an endless quest in search of a better way.

luc

Post by luc » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:19 pm

El-Kablooey wrote:What's got you so riled, Luc?? All that I see here is interest and congratulations. Mike made one little light-hearted poke, but I don't think he meant anything by it at all.

Just chill man, we are all happy for you here.
Just the "Paranoid" comment that triged me OFF.

I am quite ok with Mike's one.

Anyway, I'm OFF.

Cya,

Luc

luc

Post by luc » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:39 pm

Deleted for errors
Last edited by luc on Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hinote

Post by hinote » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:55 am

Viv wrote: Now the last thing to say is that the Glueharef and the GLC L shape engines all run with a standard 1/8 inch supersonic propane nozzle, the new PulseRam engine on the other hand is making the same power as our old L shape engine but on a smaller nozzle of 7/64 inch, thats the next drill size down for the people like me who think in metric (god I miss it)

So the engines are the same rough size, making the same rough power, but the new engine uses less fuel as its a smaller nozzle, it also weighs less by a good couple of pounds than the old L shapes.
OK--let's do some simple math here.

Comparing the orifice sizes of your propane feed (7/64", vs. the previous 1/8") I get x-sectional areas of .009396 sq in, vs .012272 sq in. This is a ratio of .7656 (divide smaller by larger).

Now, quoting from

http://www.pulse-jets.com/phpbb2/viewto ... ght=#26856

[our initial figures put us 1.2 SFC higher than a comparable mini turbine]

--this is where the shaky ground is. Assuming a best-guess TSFC of 1.6 for a "good" mini turbine (taken from the Microjet website at the time), we can assume your previous engine was producing a TSFC of 2.8.

Now, using the multiplier created above, I get a value of 2.8 x .7656 = 2.14.

Please, let us know if this is in a range that is close to the demonstrated value.

I'm prepared to quote the demonstrated TSFC values of a handful of my current and past valveless pulsejet projects, for comparison.

Please present factual replies to this post, for all to see.
Bill H.
Acoustic Propulsion Concepts

".......some day soon we'll be flying airplanes powered by pulsejets."

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:35 pm

Thats nice Bill;-)

but does a simple area calculation like that work when one nozzle is mentioned as running at 145 psi and the other at 100 psi, also as they are supersonic nozzles and the supply temperature to one is higher than the other it will throw off any simple maths used for a comparison.

The only real way to get a flow measurment on these motors is by a direct reading on a test stand after the motor has heat stabilised, so that means a fifteen minute run minimum and a second run on another day to average the results and check for errors, and that gives me a good idea!! I should put a load cell under my 500 gallon propane tank!! hell yes why didnt I think of that before? that will save me dicking around with the little tank and scales every time we do SFC

Viv

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:53 pm

Ah, it's fun to watch the light come on! ha ha, Viv.
You've got all the stuff to crunch the simple math and do real-time SFC while you make adjustments!

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:58 pm

Mike Everman wrote:Ah, it's fun to watch the light come on! ha ha, Viv.
You've got all the stuff to crunch the simple math and do real-time SFC while you make adjustments!
Ok so maybe I was a bit slow but the tank has only been sat there a year or so and ~I was busy;-(

Viv