Gluhareff 130R power failure issue still open ... Any Idear?

Moderator: Mike Everman

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

130R power failure

Post by luc » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:22 pm

Hooo ... For got one thing.

WHO WANT A CFD PROGRAM FOR FREE ........ He he he.

Simple and easy. Just find and download the peer to peer "Edonkey" program (It's like Imesh or Cazza) then, do a search on the word "Cosmos".

In your search results, you will see a .zip file including (CosmosFlow, CosmosWorks, CosmosMotion and crack). In that file, there is aprx. $46,000.00 worth of software and CosmosFlow is the one you want. CosmosWorks is a stress analysis software, to simulate when parts can break under stress and CosmosMotion will simulate fatigue in an assembly life cycle (i.e: Piston engine parts failure after 120,000 Klm). Also, the manuals are included.

But ... You will also need the "SolidWorks" modeling software to model the parts and run these software and a damn good PC. I have a 2.4 Ghz with 1024 meg of ram and all calculations takes 100% of cpu power, for the full calculation time.

Or ... You can call me ... I will be glad to do it for you.

I am no pirate, but I can sure pull my string when it is time to scrach the Net for resources.

See what you want and I hope the info will help you if you want one.

Cya,

Luc .................. Out

Raymond G
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Raymond G » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:39 pm

WHO WANT A CFD PROGRAM FOR FREE ........ He he he.

Simple and easy. Just find and download the peer to peer "Edonkey" program (It's like Imesh or Cazza) then, do a search on the word "Cosmos".
Luc,

Holy S***!!! I swear my blood pressure doubled when I read this! My google search for eDonkey turns up eDonkey2000 and Overnet. Will these work (they cost a small amount of money, and I would rather not pay to discover they won't work). Also, when you do the above search for "Cosmos", are you talking about a Google search, or a search from within eDonkey.

Thanks,
Raymond

luc

130R power failure

Post by luc » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:52 pm

Wow...Wow...Wow..he he he.

Don't go so fast Raymond, it is Edonkey2000 that you want and you can get that for free.

Then, you do the search on Edonkey ... Not Google. Just wait here and let me check, I think I still have a copy or will find it free ... For you.

Wait for my next posting.

Cya

Luc..................Out

luc

130R Power failure

Post by luc » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:57 pm

Here Raymond,

Go there and get the free version.

http://www.edonkey2000.com/download_ed2k.php

But, I already have it .... So, just choose were you want it from.

Cya,

Luc ....... Out

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:34 pm

Is Edonkey a file share program? Does it load adware or anything else that I need to iradicate later?
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Dave

Want to see a reconfigured Pressure jet?

Post by Dave » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:50 am

Guys
If you want to see a reconfigured pressure jet, go to the Valveless Pulse Jet forum and check out the posting under "Valveless Pulsejet, 100% Effective?" It looks like someone simply took a g8-2 and straightened it out...
Dave

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:20 am

I am certain that Gluhareff started there, too.

luc

130R power failure

Post by luc » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:44 pm

Good morning guys,

First : Yes Mike ... Edonkey will probably install some garbages on your PC and yes it is a file share program. But, they are not hard to remove after and you can reduce the upload bandwith and access.

Second : As for the 100% effective pulse jet ... If you look on the document, it shows an issue date of Apr. 17, 2001. Therefore, this patent will in force for the next 15 years and anyone producing this type of engine, without Michael A. Stram authorisation, is liable for damage. I don't need to tell you that today is a very bad day for me ... This engine type was my next step... Damnnnnnnn.

Third : The simulation for the Gluhareff Nozzle @ 700 psig. is done. I will send the repport to Viv, since I am not capable to post here.

Hummmm ... To day is a bad day .... Good thing I have something else to try.....

Cya Guys,

Luc ..................... Out

Viv

Re: 130R power failure

Post by Viv » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:52 pm

Luc wrote:Good morning guys,

First : Yes Mike ... Edonkey will probably install some garbages on your PC and yes it is a file share program. But, they are not hard to remove after and you can reduce the upload bandwith and access.

Second : As for the 100% effective pulse jet ... If you look on the document, it shows an issue date of Apr. 17, 2001. Therefore, this patent will in force for the next 15 years and anyone producing this type of engine, without Michael A. Stram authorisation, is liable for damage. I don't need to tell you that today is a very bad day for me ... This engine type was my next step... Damnnnnnnn.

Third : The simulation for the Gluhareff Nozzle @ 700 psig. is done. I will send the repport to Viv, since I am not capable to post here.

Hummmm ... To day is a bad day .... Good thing I have something else to try.....

Cya Guys,

Luc ..................... Out
I had looked at the other engine ages ago and discounted it as not being as good as the Gluey so I dont understand why its a bad day?

On the nozzle front, I purchased those two programs I posted a link for, the Delavel one on my first go (probably wrong:-) gave me a thrust on its own of 17lb

Not bad for a propane jet! who needs the rest of the engine? :-)

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

tufty

Re: 130R power failure

Post by tufty » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:21 pm

Luc wrote:Good morning guys,

OK, not that I'd know anything about this, obviously, and all this is entirely hypothetical, and I'd certainly never use a p2p program for anything other than chat and the sharing of entirely legal files, but...

For god's sake, don't use anything that's closed source. All that spyware/adware crap and god alone knows what else. Blech.

A good open source edonkey client might well be found at http://www.nongnu.org/mldonkey/. Allegedly, obviously. Currently, with eDonkey , it supports several large networks, such as Overnet , Bittorrent ,Gnutella (Bearshare, Limewire,etc), Gnutella2 (Shareaza), Fasttrack (Kazaa, Imesh, Grobster),Soulseek (beta), Direct-Connect (alpha), and Opennap (alpha). Allegedly.

Did I mention that it's open source? And free? And free of spycrap? Allegedly.

Hypothetically, this might be a good piece of software to use the purpose mentioned above. Not that I'd know anything about downloading illicit copies of things from the internet, obviously. God forbid ;-) After all, the internet was designed to provide pictures of naked women to your desk, not for work.

Simon

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:42 pm

Just so everyone knows, the patent does not prevent anyone from building exactly that; you just can't make money off it (that the inventor knows about, that is...) So hobbyists, build away!
If it's the right thing and you're going to make thousands of them, talk to the inventor, he may accept a pittance for for royalties. What's also likely is that it doesn't yet work as described, and more importantly, as claimed. If you should happen to make it work with some extra subtlety, then you have a shot at a patent, too.

Viv

Post by Viv » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:53 pm

Ok here is the second CFD report, this one is for the same gluey nozzle operating at 700 PSI.

As Raymond wisely pointed out the flow conditions have not improved that much due to choking.

This now leads us to look at replacing the sonic nozzle with a supersonic nozzle and reflow the inlet tract to take account of the new flow conditions.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Raymond G

Post by Raymond G » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:05 pm

Well,
There goes 24 hours I will never get back. I got really excited about Free CFD. Then I was a little less excited about getting a special program to access it. Then I was no longer excited at all to discover that some bug in the system causes my downloads to reboot the computer every 2-10 megs (for a 175 meg file!) Then I was starting to get a little irritated to find that the 'simple' fix on the eDonkey forum didn't work. Then I was downright pissed that there are Windows XP issues with trying to do this whole business in the first place. And lastly I am possitively irate to discover that after all the work for the last 24 hours, my partial download (at about 32 megs) has now dissappeared from the eDonkey Transfers window!!!!

.......(Dramatic pause after rant)

Just wondering if anyone has been successful at downloading a certain 175 meg .zip file? Or have any input on any of my issues above.

Also wondering if there is enough interest to start a new thread so as to leave this very excellent thread focused on G2-8-130 trouble shooting

Regards,
Raymond

Raymond G

Post by Raymond G » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:11 pm

Luc wrote:
this patent will in force for the next 15 years and anyone producing this type of engine, without Michael A. Stram authorisation, is liable for damage. I don't need to tell you that today is a very bad day for me ... This engine type was my next step... Damnnnnnnn.
Luc,
I would not worry. I cannot imagine this patent holding up to any real scruteny, as the design is clearly just a straightened Gluey. All I can imagine is that the patent reviewer was unaware of the Gluey design. Shoot, on some old harddrive somewhere, I have an AutoCAD file of just such a design, that I drew up within a week of reviewing the Gluey docs. This would be c.1996. For patents to be valid they have to not be selfevident from the previous art. So don't have a bad day on this patent's account.

Regards,
Raymond

Raymond G

Post by Raymond G » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:28 pm

Luc,

Nice report on the 700 psi nozzle. What I think would be very important to you at this point would be to model the nozzle and the first induction stage together. There are a couple things you could do to tweak the design to see if you can find out were the system may be sensitive (a couple percent, see previous post on sensitivity analysis). What does the surface roughness do to the flow? How about slight variations in diameter or length? When modelling , you can simplify the nozzle (by doing away with its inlet) to reduce modelling and computation time. This would also allow the flow field to be modelled either axisymmetrically, or as a pie slice, which would greatly reduce computation time.

I would love to help with such modelling, but as mentioned in a previous post, I havn't had much luck acquiring the tools yet.

Would it be more helpful to send you Solid Works files than AutoCAD?

Regards,
Raymond