From Summer to Winter overnight

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Dave
Antipspambot question: 0

From Summer to Winter overnight

Post by Dave » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:55 am

Yesterday it was 77 degrees in our house at 2:30 AM. It was so warm outside that opening the windows didn’t help. I had to close the windows and turn on the air conditioner so I could go back to sleep.

Today we have this! (See attached.)

Mother Nature must really like to play mind games.

Dave
Attachments
DSC_0103.JPG
(662.7 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

re: From Summer to Winter overnight

Post by Viv » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:51 pm

Hey mate I thought I lived in the grait white north but it seems the lower latitudes are worse:-)

Viv

JW

Post by JW » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:56 pm

over here, no snow, but in a week or so, form nice sunny and warm to almost freezing... but still no snow :?

Viv

Post by Viv » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:05 pm

Driving back from Montreal last night to Lac saint Jean we had a nice snow storm for half the trip:-) and as usuel it did it for the last part of the journy through whats called the park road, read nasty corners with lakes and rivers if you get it wrong:-)

We have had about 8 inches so far but the temperature has gone up after each snow fall and melted it, bit of a pain as I am waiting for the local pist to open for snow boarding season;-( I may go down to Quebec (3.5 hours) and try mont saint anne at this rate!

Viv

hinote

Re: re: From Summer to Winter overnight

Post by hinote » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:19 am

Ben wrote:Last week we had 70 degree weather.
So did we.

This week, we're enjoying an extended "Indian summer", courtesy of a persistent high pressure that's deflecting storms to the north of us. Today, we enjoyed temps in the low '80's with crisp blue Sierra skies. Lows tonight in the mid to upper '40's, with so many stars you just can't believe it.

Bill H.
Acoustic Propulsion Concepts

".......some day soon we'll be flying airplanes powered by pulsejets."

El-Kablooey

Post by El-Kablooey » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:06 am

It has been very warm here, until the past two days. The clouds have moved out and now we are experiencing highs in the 70's with clear nights and lows in the 20's. Unusually cold, It will warm up again when we bget some more cloud cover.

Man, I have never seen snow like that in my life! My son would be thrilled.
I remember about 15 years back we had the biggest snow I've ever seen, in April! It snowed 16" here in Georgia. We even had snowdrifts. That 16" of snow shut us down for about a week and a half, no power for 3 days, no phones for four, out of work for a week, etc.... We just can't handle that crap down here.
On an endless quest in search of a better way.

Viv

Post by Viv » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:22 am

we are now -11 but hardly much snow on the ground, sunday we will drive down to Mont saint anne near Quebec for the season opening and get some snowboarding in, last year we had lots this time of year but its warmed up to many times so far to keep hold of it.

Viv

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:01 pm

Hey Viv, I got an email from Luc busting my chops about all the snow we have. Tell laughing boy that his turn is coming. Mother Nature is pissed, she has a ticket for the Siberian Express and she’ll be headed your way soon!

Dave

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:25 pm

Turning cold here, too. Hovering a bit above zero. According to long-term forecast, we're in for one of the worst winters in memory. Maybe I should have hurried up with that Constant Flow engine. Could have been handy for blasting out footpaths through the snowdrifts...

Viv

Re: re: From Summer to Winter overnight

Post by Viv » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:20 pm

Dave wrote:Hey Viv, I got an email from Luc busting my chops about all the snow we have. Tell laughing boy that his turn is coming. Mother Nature is pissed, she has a ticket for the Siberian Express and she’ll be headed your way soon!

Dave
:-) !! We had a good chuckle this end to see mother natures delivery driver got the address wrong and all our snow got dumped on your house:-)

Just a few light flakes this morning and -10 :-) for Snow boarding this season I may have to drive down to Buffalo and do it in your drive way:-)

Viv

Rossco

Post by Rossco » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:29 am

Hey boys!
Thinking of you all, as its well into the 30's here.
Heading to good 40ies soon, by the look of it. Its going to be a very hot summer when it gets here. Best time of the year!
I was operating a machine a month or so ago, and it was 40 C out, and 53 in the cab, with the air con on full ball. Fun, fun.
It seems to be getting hotter, sooner every year.

Rossco
Big, fast, broke, fix it, bigger, better, faster...
[url=callto://aussierossco]Image[/url]

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:04 am

Rossco

Good to hear from down under. Almost forgot that your weather is opposite of what we have at this time of year. The temperatures being in the 30s and 40s does sound somewhat familiar; it’s just that ours is F and not C! That won’t last long though as the Siberian Express is headed back this way…

Take care mate.

Dave

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:24 pm

Dunno about the F or C's Dave I think Ross just forgot to put the minus sign in front of those 30's and 40'ies :-) thats what we are heading for:-)

15cm of the white stuff this morning and another 15cm forcast for tonight! I may be able to start snow boarding soon at this rate.

Viv