What the?

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

paul skinner

What the?

Post by paul skinner » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:02 pm

Hi all.

What the heck has been happening around here? I leave you kids in charge for 20 seconds and you burn the house down!!

~Just kidding.

It's great to be back in Canada. My contracts up for now, and I'm taking a month or two off before I start a new one.

Um, who the heck is Ben? (Ben, you might want to answer this one), and why is he listed as the site admin? What the heck happened to Kenneth? Did the site get sold or?

How did Skyfrogs turbine turn out? How's business Viv? I haven't had a chance to read through the entire forum, so hopefully you're up and running by now.

Lot's to do. Finally some time to do it with spring coming.

TTYL.

Paul Skinner.

Tom
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:20 pm

We had a security hole exploit in the past few days, Ben then patched it up via the same hole, and made himself admin in the process. Ken is still here though. Ben has since upgraded the board software, and helped with a few other housekeeping issues, though we are still having teething problems (ie, no attachments).

Nice to have you back dude.

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:33 pm

Hi Tom.

Glad to be back though it's about 35C cooler than where I was. Sorry to hear the boards been having problems. I've read through some of the posts. Why the heck anyone would want to hack this site is beyond me? Where's Kenneth?

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:42 pm

He's around, i've seen him online today, don't quite know what he's up to though.

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:16 pm

Tom wrote:He's around, i've seen him online today, don't quite know what he's up to though.

Tom
Hi mate good to see you back in canada:-) Kenneth has a number of things going on at the moment that are taking up his time so he cant give the board his full attention at the moment.

Business is good and the snow boarding is better so my life is hunky doree at the moment:-) soon as spring happens though I am going to sulk big time till September when the duck hunting season starts again.

I need a summer pastime to occupy me thats the problem! I will just get bored slapping the goddam mosquitoes all summer.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:17 pm

Viv wrote:
Tom wrote:He's around, i've seen him online today, don't quite know what he's up to though.

Tom
Hi mate good to see you back in canada:-) Kenneth has a number of things going on at the moment that are taking up his time so he cant give the board his full attention at the moment.

Business is good and the snow boarding is better so my life is hunky doree at the moment:-) soon as spring happens though I am going to sulk big time till September when the duck hunting season starts again.

I need a summer pastime to occupy me thats the problem! I will just get bored slapping the goddam mosquitoes all summer.

Viv

:D :D

Yah. Summer in Canada. Can't beat it, can we? Actually, I'm really glad to be back (I had my first beer in 4 months....now that was good). Is Mike Kirney still around? I haven't seen his name on the board? I wonder how that Skinner reciprocating motor worked out? Did you (he) get it going this winter?

How's your company coming along Viv. Seems like some idiot was giving you a hard time a month or so ago. Who ever heard of sending a legal notice through a third party public web site. I'd laugh myself silly if someone thought they could drag me to court based on that.

Is Bruno still here? I hope so.

If we're looking for suggestions for the board, I'd love to see an RSS (XML) feed, and some sort of blog for the serious builders (Viv?) just to see what goes into the days to dailies of building the more complicated designs.

pulse-jets could also use a new skin. This ones pretty tame.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:00 am

Welcome back, weren't you in the land of sand? I use to live in Pakistan and when my parents had some Pakistani people over for a party, they would ask for a drink in a colored glass so as not to tip off the others that they were "drinking."
On a tangent, I can recall tagging along with my Dad and other officers hunting wild boar in Pakistan, the kind with the big tusks. Anyway, my Dad and I were trundling in the woods and I can still remember the grunting and snorting of wild boar a few trees and dense bush over from me, whispering to my Dad at age 7 to shoot them and he said you can't shoot them if you can't see them. Anyway, they brought home enough wild boar to feed most of the base, a cookout at the base pool. And if you haven't guessed, it was kind of scary tagging along.
Here's a pig that got kind of big in Georgia.
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/fo ... 33760.html
Here is the pic that was in the newspaper I read at work today. I think they are having a TV show on the animal, but I don't know when or what channel because I only skimmed the article.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp
Whatever the case, hogs could probably knock you on your ass if you are in a one on one situation or worse.
Mark
Last edited by Mark on Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Presentation is Everything

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:44 am

Thanks for the welcome back Mark. Yah, I was in the desert (with a horse with no name) for awhile. Kuwait actually at a place called Ar Rawdatayn, and then Abdali, near Safwan (on the border with Iraq). Beautiful country, very gracious people. .
Let's just say I'm really glad to be back though.
Snow looks really weird right now.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:16 am

Paul Skinner wrote:Thanks for the welcome back Mark. Yah, I was in the desert (with a horse with no name) for awhile. Kuwait actually at a place called Ar Rawdatayn, and then Abdali, near Safwan (on the border with Iraq). Beautiful country, very gracious people. .
Let's just say I'm really glad to be back though.
Snow looks really weird right now.
The first thing I did, when I read your post, was suddenly laugh out loud. "The heat was hot and the ground was dry, but the air was full of sound." Might be a good moto for the pulsejet crowd. Very funny and good memory! I'd give anything to feel such creativity.
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/america/7105.html
Mark

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:40 am

Here's a tune I use to listen to when I lived in Oregon and driving the mountains looking for a camping spot with my girlfriend, but seems apropos to your sandy overseas life.
Mark (sultan of escape)
http://www.thehighwaytosuccess.com/free ... Swing.html

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:04 am

Welcome back, Paul. Bummer you can't see pictures of all that has gone on!
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

paul skinner

re: What the?

Post by paul skinner » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:49 am

We're a lyrical crowd, aren't we. Our beautiful pulsejets based on sound.
Thanks for the welcome Mike. The board has some major sql flaws. It took 3 times just to write this without a timeout error.

kenneth
Site Admin

Re: re: What the?

Post by kenneth » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:58 am

Paul Skinner wrote:We're a lyrical crowd, aren't we. Our beautiful pulsejets based on sound.
Thanks for the welcome Mike. The board has some major sql flaws. It took 3 times just to write this without a timeout error.
Hi Paul

I have been updating the forum , the same time as you where trying to post!!

kenneth

skyfrog

re: What the?

Post by skyfrog » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:33 pm

Hi Paul,

Welcome back, so glad to hear from you again !

As to my turbine, the progress is still under control, though I have experienced some engineering changes which set back the date of completion. Now the status is nearing "mechanical completion", I wish I could fire it up by end of april, which goal is very optimistic at this moment.

BTW, I am proceeding a subproject to build a planetary gearbox for my turboprop engine by retrofitting some used gears. Very interesting subproject, right ?

Your truly,
Long live jet engine !
Horace
Jetbeetle

Mark

Re: re: What the?

Post by Mark » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:00 pm

kenneth wrote:
Paul Skinner wrote:We're a lyrical crowd, aren't we. Our beautiful pulsejets based on sound.
Hi Paul

I have been updating the forum , the same time as you where trying to post!!

kenneth
I still keep timing out, but I'm getting really good practice typing my name and password. ha
Mark