Half-o'-dyne

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

Half-o'-dyne

Post by Mark » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:45 pm

For those that only get about half way through a project and give up, maybe you could actually finish your project using a piece from this auction.
Just mount a half to a flat plate of metal and make yourself a half moon reed valve. In all seriousness though, having toyed with long sheets of spring steel, seems you could form and fold it to make a seam and also use the seam flanges to hold or mount your roll-o-dyne to something. Certainly a cone shaped pulsejet with a single folded seam/flange would work I should think. I have some British stats/charts on cone shaped pulsejets, cone and tailpipe stats, and combustion chamber, cone, tailpipe three piece pulsejets. I posted two charts of this a long time ago. Cones do work, I just haven't seen any pictures of one running though. There was someone who posted a very pretty one they made, but I can't remember if he got it started.
Mark
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting
Presentation is Everything

larry cottrill
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Half-o'-dyne

Post by larry cottrill » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:07 pm

Mark -

Imagine one of these half shells bonded some way onto a piece of 3/8-inch plate glass. Maybe Earl Bailey would make you a valve head sliced right down the centerline to form the front end!

$50 is more than I paid for my original Dynajet, brand new, back in the early 1960s. I got mine from a hobby shop for half price, just because it didn't have the instruction book or packaging with it!

L Cottrill

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:16 pm

I remember a long time ago there were about 50 halved Dynajet pieces for sale on ebay for not much more. With this one for sale there isn't even the threaded ring to make the entire body. Whoever buys it could do better in my opinion.
Nobody on this forum has made a cone-shaped pulsejet that I know of, or one they have pictures of it running that is. Maybe a simple folded flange/seam held in a clamp would do.
Mark

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:05 pm

I guess putting on my Kazoo-o-dyne thinking cap, or in my case a dunce cap perhaps, how about just squashing the sides of a straight piece of car exhaust pipe, gradually increased the encroachment towards the tail end. I'm sure Mike could figure it out. At least you could make some kind of attempt at a cone or megaphone look to some degree.
I say a cone would be a welcome addition to the forum.
Mark

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:12 am

Mark
I don't know what you have been drinking, but it must be my water supply as well. Although that is not what I am in the process of putting together now, I have been thinking about a total tail cone for some time.
Now if that dunce cap you were talking about is made of stainless we just may be in business!
Dave

MANOLO
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by MANOLO » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:42 am

hello mark, the pulsejet marks os, I throw to you so as it leaves in ebay.
I believe that it worked,
that mold is facil of acer, with winch aces the aluminum contour, is soon with strawberry reduce the seat to you where asenta that I
mark of aluminum, but always calculating 1o 1,5mm of the plate, i with a press puts plate i above presses, saldri the average pulse. thanks.....

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:07 am

Sometimes, I wonder whether Babelfish is a blessing or a curse...

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:31 am

LOL! That was rich, Manolo.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.