1962 ad for small jet engine from Gluhareff Helicopters

Moderator: Mike Everman

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: 1962 ad for small jet engine from Gluhareff Helicopters

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:40 am

Good luck guys. You deserve to succeed. If you don't, you can always start a micro-brewery. You have all the equipment necessary to build one.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:56 am

Very ucking cool, Viv! You got to love what you do, and do what you love, and you're living the dream when you can make your living at it. Good luck.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

kreon

Post by kreon » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:45 pm

>>On second thoughts maybe thats a bad idea? we would end up with twenty people camping out on the lawn and never going home:-)

Nahh, most of us would only be by on summers. too cold other wise!
Best of luck guys!
Kreon

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:33 am

If you could get Viv to catch some bigger fish than those trout, maybe some walleye or pike, perhaps a pulsejet/fish/fowl bakery camp would be something to consider. Imagine the worldwide/Japanese (they like quirky stuff) eager sportsman fisherman/combustion chefs flocking to learn the basics of pulsejet cookery. Start working on a valveless sourdough bread and pancakes.
Mark
Presentation is Everything

resosys

Post by resosys » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:02 am

Mark wrote:If you could get Viv to catch some bigger fish than those trout, maybe some walleye or pike, perhaps a pulsejet/fish/fowl bakery camp would be something to consider. Imagine the worldwide/Japanese (they like quirky stuff) eager sportsman fisherman/combustion chefs flocking to learn the basics of pulsejet cookery. Start working on a valveless sourdough bread and pancakes.
Yes, Yes!

I've been threatening to build a pulsejet powered espresso machine to take out to burning man for a few years now. Nothing like making steam with a glowing combustion chamber.

Other options are:

caramelizing creme brulee with the intake
roasting marshmellows, hotdogs, etc...
toasting bread, crumpets, bagels, etc...
frying eggs
cooking bacon (fat will roll off, Foreman Grill style)
grilled cheese

Pure silliness, but fun!

Chris

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:28 pm

resosys wrote:
Mark wrote:If you could get Viv to catch some bigger fish than those trout, maybe some walleye or pike, perhaps a pulsejet/fish/fowl bakery camp would be something to consider. Imagine the worldwide/Japanese (they like quirky stuff) eager sportsman fisherman/combustion chefs flocking to learn the basics of pulsejet cookery. Start working on a valveless sourdough bread and pancakes.
Yes, Yes!

I've been threatening to build a pulsejet powered espresso machine to take out to burning man for a few years now. Nothing like making steam with a glowing combustion chamber.

Other options are:

frying eggs
grilled cheese

Pure silliness, but fun!

Chris
Ah hell weres Larry with his "grease O dyne" pulse jet powered barbe?

Thata was a cool one from the old forum:-)

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:49 pm

Yes, even Bruno felt led to contribute to the greasodyne design, suggesting that the molten grease should move gravitationally into the intake to help fuel the device. That suggestion was what led to the name.

The ultimate pulsejet cooking experience - heat, noise, smoke, charred meat and an unbelievable mess when you're done for the day.

L Cottrill

luc

Post by luc » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:37 pm

Hi guys,

Mike wrote
and you're living the dream when you can make your living at it.

Who said we are making a living ... We are actuaaly FREEZING and uck'n starving ... he he he. If I turn my back, you will often find Viv fighting with the 3 dogs over THEIR plate. You call that a living???????

But yes , We love it all the way .... The engines you idiots, not the dogs plates ... he he he.

Resosys wrote
Other options are:

frying eggs
grilled cheese

Pure silliness, but fun!
Mannnnn .... I would love to see you fry your damn hot dog at the back of a 130R ... 1/4 seconf later, the only remaining would be your damn fork. Bread and weener ..... GONEEEEEEEE .... Disentegrated .... Vaporised to atomic particules. Actually, probably the first Astral Hot dog ... Hummmmmm .... Can we patent that?????????

By the way, this morning when I got up, my thermometer was stuck to -30 Celcius ... Who want a winter engine vacation camp??????

I will even make it FREE ... If one of you guys DARE to come.

Cya,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:51 am

Do you ever see any bears? I bet a pulsejet would frighten them.
Mark
Presentation is Everything

luc

Post by luc » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:59 pm

Hi Mark,
Do you ever see any bears?
Yeap, I saw one alone last summer, then i saw a pair (Probably mon and young one), Diane saw 1 while picking-up blue berrys and last, David (Diane's son) saw one coming toward him hearly morning while waiting for the school bus. He got scared by the bus, actually.

As far as being affraid of pulse jet, I don't think so. Actually, we have a few Moose back engine mounts orders. It seems our furry friends see a great opportunity to go faster on ice and snow with our engine, something to leave the wolves far behind ... he he he.

Cya,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Post by luc » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:04 pm

Hi Mark,
Do you ever see any bears?
Yeap, I saw one alone last summer, then i saw a pair (Probably mon and young one), Diane saw 1 while picking-up blue berrys and last, David (Diane's son) saw one coming toward him hearly morning while waiting for the school bus. He got scared by the bus, actually.

As far as being affraid of pulse jet, I don't think so. Actually, we have a few Moose back engine mounts orders. It seems our furry friends see a great opportunity to go faster on ice and snow with our engine, something to leave the wolves far behind ... he he he.

Cya,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor