Irina Gluhareff's website

Moderator: Mike Everman

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Irina Gluhareff's website

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:57 pm

I just found out that Irina Gluhareff (or someone with rights to her name) has a website and peddles Gluey stuff.

http://www.tipjet.com/index.htm

Mr. Yuk

Re: Irina Gluhareff's website

Post by Mr. Yuk » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:46 pm

That is where I bought my nosecone from. It was pretty overpriced, $105, plus shipping. Irena called me a few days after I placed the order. We had a very interesting conversation.

steve

Post by steve » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:43 pm

amazing, did you see the helicoptor with one rotor blade?! I wonder what inspired him to think of that.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:17 pm

steve wrote:amazing, did you see the helicoptor with one rotor blade?! I wonder what inspired him to think of that.
Single-blade rotors are not that uncommon. Germans experimented with such layouts in the 1930s. One German design I have seen described was planned as a substitute for the parachute.

Today, the layout is only employed on some windmil generators, I think.

The advantages are low weight and low drag. Gluhareff probably picked it for those reasons.

They tend to spin faster than the multi-bladed equivalents, so that they are good for windmills operating in very strong winds.

Al Belli

Re: Single blade rotor

Post by Al Belli » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:39 pm

Hi,

If You have ever seen a seed from a silver maple tree fall through the air, You have witnessed what I presume to have been the inspiration for the development of single rotor devices. The seeds appear to have excellent aerodynamic efficiency as they autorotate. The control-line speed modelers have been experimenting with single blade propellers
for many years. See http://www.units.muohio.edu/dragonfly/itb/maple.htmlx
Have some fun http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/TRC/Ae ... _Seed.html

Al Belli

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:44 am

http://www.rudystoys.com/ProductInfo.as ... uctid=5004
When I was in Panama, I found a very large maple seed-like seed. It might have been 7 inches long and it too helicoptered to the ground when dropped in the air. I wonder what kind of tree it was?
Mark
Presentation is Everything

hinote

Post by hinote » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:51 am

Mark wrote:http://www.rudystoys.com/ProductInfo.as ... uctid=5004
When I was in Panama, I found a very large maple seed-like seed. It might have been 7 inches long and it too helicoptered to the ground when dropped in the air. I wonder what kind of tree it was?
Mark
Probably Zanonia--google for it.

Bill H.
Acoustic Propulsion Concepts

".......some day soon we'll be flying airplanes powered by pulsejets."

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:00 am

Whatever it was, it looked just like a maple seed, a jumbo maple seed of sorts. I remember that day I tasted some tart tamarind seeds off of another nearby tree. I use to have 2 maple trees in my backyard, before the hurricane.
Mark
Presentation is Everything

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:27 am

A few mono-copter designs have been used in model rocketry, i will scan in a few pages from issue of the UKRA mag if i can find it, that mentioned such a design.

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:00 am

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:I just found out that Irina Gluhareff (or someone with rights to her name) has a website and peddles Gluey stuff.

http://www.tipjet.com/index.htm
An interesting exercise in commercial re-branding I thought, its a nicely put together site on the whole, but I did think the navigation was a little harder than it should have been with the pop up menus.

I would recommend she hire Tufty to redo her site for her as he is a genius at good layout and intuitive web site navigation.

Having said that the information seems to be just all the same old stuff we have seen from the various sources, rehashed and re-presented, the CD is the RQ Riley deluxe CD again and nothing new in the technical information ether.

But it does give her a new brand identity to work with and puts some much needed distance between her and the previous suppliers of Eugene's work.

I do however applaud the new theme of a memorial to Eugene and in that I wish her well.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Eric

Post by Eric » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:13 am

hehe... i like the 700 pound thrust one :) I wonder how long a 20 pound propane tank would last with that.

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:04 pm

A nice assessment of the website, Viv. You put everything in its place. Thanks!

luc

Post by luc » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:28 pm

Hi guys,
I just found out that Irina Gluhareff (or someone with rights to her name) has a website and peddles Gluey stuff.
They can change or name their Website as they want ... Tipjet, Riley, Vortech or the super marvelous engine Website, they still advertize and sell the same old stuff ... Disfunctional engines.

Today, I imagine Eugene, high above in the clouds, looking down and lafting is heart out.

He knew what he was doing ... And now, we know how he did it.

What a clever man ... You were ... Eugene ... What a clever man you were.

Have a nice day.

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Post by luc » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:42 pm

Hi again,

One more thing on the subject.

Actually, I beleive before redoing a new Website, Irina would have gained more by going public (Maybe on this forum, considering one is watching it), endorcing or backing Conception GLC inc. work acheivments and be related to us instead of going out alone again.

Because at the end ... She still can't provide the real stuff.

Anyway ... Time will tell.

Cya,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Post by luc » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:46 pm

Greetings Guys and Girls,

I beleive you will find the following pretty interesting.

Now that we have our material price and completed our first nozzle, I was able to put together prices for a few parts.

For a nozzle sutable for any 20 pounds thrust pressurejet or our GLC pressurejet version, we can sell this nozzle at $65.35 CDN, labour, top quality material and mark-up included. Now, is'nt that pretty nice price figure?

Now here is my "Bomb Shell". Try to guest at what price we can manufacture the nose cone ... Any idear ?????
Okeyyy ... Here it is ... $70.75 CDN and again, top quality SST-321 material and mark-up included.

Now, from what I see in my price figure form (SST-321 price per pound and labour) the price of the coil and hot gas included, will have you guys, fall OFF your chairs. The only thing missing for us to complete this pricing, is the actual tubing price in reference to the quantity we are ready to order.

Hooo ... By the way. As we have announced previously, when customers purchase major engine components, we give a FREE set of plans for one of the customer chosen engine type.

So ... Just for you guys to know, The PDF plans version for the 20 and 130 pounds thrust pressurejet are ready to go.

To compare pricing, when I purchased my first 130R from "Vortech", I paid $3,800.00 USD. Now, from what I see from our pricing figures, we will be able to sell a complete GLC 10K (20 Lbs.) pressurejet, around $1,100.00 CDN.

I am actually working in pricing the GLC 60K (130R) engine. It looks like it's gonna be an interesting "Bomb Shell" of its own.

So, I am actually manufacturing 3 nozzles for our 10K demo engines and test bench. Send me an Email if I need to do 4, 5 or 6, while I am set-up. Pictures will be available on our Website very soon.

Now ... If some of you ask them self "Why do I put this message here? ...

Welll ... Time has told ...

Best regards and have a nice day.

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor