Bruce Simpson

Moderator: Mike Everman

jetbill40
Antipspambot question: 0

Bruce Simpson

Post by jetbill40 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:33 pm

Question: Has anyone had any dealings with this guy.I sent him a payment 8 mths ago and recived nothing. JET BILL

Bruno Ogorelec

Re: Bruce Simpson

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:45 pm

Bill, how to put it gently? You are... um... about 200th to pose that question here.

I like the guy and respect him for certain things he has done, but his business dealings with the paying public have been... er... less than perfect.

My advice is, either forget your money or join the long queue of people who seek either their money back or some kind of legal action against Bruce, or both. In the latter case, don't hold your breath.

The Government of New Zealand is after him, too. Not for the same reason as his customers are, though. Its cause is much more stupid but at the same time much more serious. The Government has not been very bright and its actions have been marked by a remarkable amount of bureaucratic idiocy, but it has hit Bruce hard.

That has made Bruce's situation so bad that there is probably no way under the sun for him to make satisfactory arrangements for the people who ordered stuff from him -- even if he suddenly put his questionable business practices in order and became the best trader in the world.

So, count yourself lucky. You could have ordered something a great deal more expensive.

jetbill40

Post by jetbill40 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:05 pm

Well Bruno I can't thank you enough for the imformation. I would like to jump on the band wagon to get my money back if there is one.But for now I will lick my wounds and move on. JET BILL

marksteamnz

Post by marksteamnz » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:53 pm

jetbill40 wrote:Well Bruno I can't thank you enough for the imformation. I would like to jump on the band wagon to get my money back if there is one.But for now I will lick my wounds and move on. JET BILL
A long shot but worth a try.
If you ordered the CD with the Scrapheap challenge episode on it you could try contacting Nick Haddock who post regularily on the yahoo group forum DIY gas turbines. He seems straight and was offering the CD's as well.
I've been lucky or may be it's because I'm in New Zealand but my CD of Scrapheap turned up with an appology for late shipping and a bonus CD of Bruce's Lockwood plans. Go figure.
Haven't been persuaded to buy anything else though.
Maybe if all Bruce's stuff had Lisa from Scrapheap on them I'd be tempted.
Hell I'd even buy one of Larry's posters it Lisa rather than Larry was holding the PJ!
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

jetbill40

Post by jetbill40 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:24 pm

All I wanted to do is build the gocart any chance you could help me out? JET BILL

Hank

Post by Hank » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:38 am

Hello- I'd suggest that anyone owed money on product by THE SIMPSONS make themselves known. People who take a little from each don't expect to be hammered. The last post of tales of woe from that guy sent the message that you won't be getting anything back.
Buy American, or maybe Croatian, British Empire or Pict. Just don't fire off any cash to.....

Bub, you want to build a jet cart? Pose questions here and get answers. Some of the answers may be tangental to what you wanted to know, these threads weave all over the known and unknown universe sometimes.
You woun't be left hanging.
Hank

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:51 am

Apparently crossing your T's and dotting your I's doesn't register with Bruce Simpson. A pity, he so loved the hobby, and so disregarded his obligations.
Mark
Presentation is Everything

jetbill40

Post by jetbill40 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:22 pm

What I need is imfo on the lockwood engine.The rest is easy.As it is I own the largest automotive repair shop in the area we can handel the cart.I also manufacture pulse jets for modeling community.heres one you all will like I also own an EDM shop up in Cleveland.So any help would br nice. THANKS JET BILL

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:13 pm

JET BILL, I would be interested in knowing the stats on the jet you sell, the length, weight, thrust and dimensions. And what kind of spark plug is the VR1? With your record breaking speeds, what are the rules for the size of the pulsejet? Or if you could throw in any general knowledge you have learned about making pulsejets. What kind of ignition do you use? What are your fuel tanks made of?
Don't mean to bombard you with questions, I'm just curious.
Mark

jbb3141

Post by jbb3141 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:22 pm

I, as well, ordered his CD a month ago and have not received it. I bought it for his "No-weld pulsejet engine design." Anywhere else I can find this information now that I've sunk $45 into it?

jetbill40

Post by jetbill40 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:24 pm

Not really sure.But I sure wish I knew someone in his area. JET BILL

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:19 pm

jbb3141 wrote:I, as well, ordered his CD a month ago and have not received it. I bought it for his "No-weld pulsejet engine design." Anywhere else I can find this information now that I've sunk $45 into it?

There's really not that much to know, find yourself a thermos shape you like and then whack out a valve plate and find a piece of exhaust tubing that fits fairly snug. It's going to be work no matter how you slice it. You have to build a valve plate of the right diameter and cut and shape some petal valves and fasten it to the combustion chamber. If you just want to build a pulsejet regardless of weight, you can do it much easier by just buying some plumbing pipe and fittings. That's how I made my first pulsejet and that's how the Dynajet boys first made their first pulsejet. However, they used a shell cartridge for the combustion chamber. A funny thing they said was, sadly it ran. In other words, they sank a lot of time and money into it without a whole lot of profit. But their insect/mosquito/pesticide foggers, a spin off of the pulsejet proved profitable.
Mark

trimbandit

Post by trimbandit » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:06 pm

I ordered the cd 8 or 9 weeks ago. Bruce has never responded to any of my emails. I tried to file a complaint with paypal, but there is a 30 day limit. I would have filed a complaint sooner, but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I guess I've been screwed for $45. What a jerk.

Eric

Post by Eric » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:21 pm

Im supprised that no one has tried to google bomb his website. It always comes up as the top search result for anything related to pulsejets. With how many people go to his site I wonder how many people order that stuff and never find this forum to complain.

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

tufty

Post by tufty » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:03 pm

Mark wrote:But their insect/mosquito/pesticide foggers, a spin off of the pulsejet proved profitable.
Oddly enough, there was film of someone using a dynafog unit over in SE Asia on the French news yesterday. They may not be too glamorous, but they save lives. My wife, bless her heart, couldn't understand why I was so excited.

Simon