Back a bit early.

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

paul skinner

Back a bit early.

Post by paul skinner » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:35 pm

Hey all.

Glad to see we've gained some new faces. Lots to read, lots to do over the holidays.
Hope everyones well.

TTYL.

Paul.

PS.

I finally got the damn scooter.

:)

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Back a bit early.

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:54 pm

Hi, Paul! Happy reading. New members almost every day now. Faaaascinating.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:15 pm

Hey nice to see you back mate and nice to hear the saga of the scooter is complete:-)

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:19 pm

Paul Skinner wrote:I finally got the damn scooter.
Paul, welcome back! Mount a pulsejet on that scooter to make it faster!

I was reading your account to the head of the local FedEx branch. He got so red in the face I thought his head would explode, like in one of those horror movies. It was great fun.

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:33 pm

Welcome back bubba, good news on the scooter, was it worth it?

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:29 am

Thanks for the welcome backs.

I had a short moment of panic when I tried to log in. My account got denied. I changed my email address (it's now pulsejet at gmail dot com...If you're interested in this particular gmail account Kenneth please drop me a line, and I'll gladly turn it over to you for all the great things you've done for the community), and php wouldn't let me back on. I thought I was booted for being late to the party or something.

:)

I wasn't around for the final saga of the scooters return. My son got it about week after I left. Purolator didn't seem to have the same problem as Fedex.
It's the past...I'll let it go and remind myself not to Fedex items from now on.

Speaking of pulsejets my middle son (the 12 year old with the scooter) built a small dyna type that he took to some science fair here in town. Actually, it's a dyna type that powers a small generator (car alternator) that's powered with waste methane (propane for now, but you get the idea). Cute idea. I'm not sure how he did yet, as he's not in as I'm writing this, and my wife had to email me the information.
I'm a proud papa. I'm hoping it runs. I'm also hoping he doesn't start it in a small enclosed space or there'll be a lot of deaf judges. :)

I'm pooped, and there's 200+ emails plus all of things that didn't get taken care of while I was away still to do.

How's the business going Viv?

And I love the poster Larry. You look like James Coburn.

I see SkyFrog got his compressor fan built. Excellent.

Anyhow, lot's to do. I might not get back to the forum for the next couple of days as I'm only home for tonight, and I'm back in Toronto tomorrow and flying to Montreal for the rest of the week. I'll catch up with everyone on the weekend.

Thanks again.

Paul.

skyfrog

Post by skyfrog » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:03 pm

Welcome back, Paul. I hope my welcome greeting isn't too late.

You are one of the most important members of the jet engine forum, so glad you're back !

Yeah, so many new members joined in lately, I am not considering myself as a newbie anymore, since there are 1/3 (100 or so) members in this community are newer than me. But as to the pulsejet knowledge I learnt thus far, I still AM a newbie :-)
Long live jet engine !
Horace
Jetbeetle

Mike Kirney

Post by Mike Kirney » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:07 pm

Great to hear your scooter made it after all, and in time for Christmas too.
Trig IS fun.

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:53 pm

Yes, welcome back! And congratulations on a satisfactory end to the scooter saga.
Paul Skinner wrote:And I love the poster Larry. You look like James Coburn.
Yes, I feel something like him, too - aging rapidly. I really liked him in The President's Analyst. That was great - TPC [The Phone Company] running the civilized world. Just what I always suspected.

Good to have you back in the pool.

L Cottrill

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:39 pm

Hey all.

Just wanted to say thanks for the warm "welcome back". Too bad my last name wasn't Carter...ok. Bad joke.

Unfortunately though, it also means this a longer goodbye this time. I've accepted a 6 month contract with a company in Dubai that starts immediatley. I'm home for Christmas, then I'm gone.

I want to take the time to thank Kenneth for allowing me to barge in on this site. I was cruising the net one day, and wanted to find more information on pulsejets and, probably like a lot of you, stumbled my way across this gem. I also found a nasty little troll along the way who seemed to spend more time chasing people away, then he did trying to be part of a community.
Kenneth graciously moved the site from the old style forum to the more modern PHP and was able to give the guy the boot along the way. (Now it needs RSS...just kidding Kenneth. I know you have your hands full as it is).

I've learned so much about pulsejets. It's THE best site on the internet to increase your knowledge of these noisy little beasts.

Have a good holiday season everyone. I wish each and every one of you only the best. Be happy. Keep experimenting. Learn something new everyday.

Bye.

Paul.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:26 pm

Best wishes, Paul. I have it on good authority that they have internet access in Dubai... OK, maybe not "good". OK, just guessing, really...
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.