Cool Russian Patent I found

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Cool Russian Patent I found

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:08 pm

Daisy-chained valveless pulsejets! Come to think of it, there may be valves, I can't read it, it's like those Russians have a different word for everything!
Attachments
cool russian patent.pdf
(36.65 KiB) Downloaded 898 times
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Bruno Ogorelec

Re: Cool Russian Patent I found

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:35 pm

Mike Everman wrote:Daisy-chained valveless pulsejets!
Damn Adobe and damned be their pdf. May they form a daisy chain with everyone's noses stuck up the butt of the guy ahead. I wish I had a time machine to go into the past a shit on their code when they were first thinking of making their abominable software.

bobdickgus

Post by bobdickgus » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:17 am

brunoogorelec wrote:
Damn Adobe and damned be their pdf. May they form a daisy chain with everyone's noses stuck up the butt of the guy ahead. I wish I had a time machine to go into the past a shit on their code when they were first thinking of making their abominable software.
Why? i am not a fan of pdf but it is a lot better than doc for what it is designed to do.
And if you use linux/bsd or mac osx you can get xpdf for free which renders pdf's alot faster than acrobat, although acrobat has more features.
Blah Blah Yackarty Smackarty

Stephen H
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Stephen H » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:43 am

brunoogorelec wrote:

i would prefer you went and did that to microsoft, they deserve it more!!

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:34 am

Stephen H wrote:i would prefer you went and did that to microsoft, they deserve it more!!
Well, Stephen, I spend all day at the computer and have done so since 1992. I hear people grumble about Microsoft, but I have had sterling service from their software ever since the start. After much talk to complainers and comparison of practices, I have come to the conclusion that the main reason for people's complaints is their own carelessness.

They either do not manage their computers well, do not install software properly, tamper with the system, or do a mixture of all three. Microsoft software does not take kindly to such treatment. On my network, all MS programs -- including the much maligned Windows ME -- have worked almost faultlessly. In contrast, products coming from Symantec and Adobe have only caused trouble.

I allow that they (or at least Adobe) may work brilliantly on a Mac, but in my well considered opinion (I worked on a Mac daily for two years), in professional terms, Mac is only really good for graphic designers and people who want their desk to look snazzy.

The other alternatives, like Linux, are still far, far away from general acceptance. I have recently given a Linux-based network a look and have come away unconvinced. I think it will be ready for people like me and organizations like my company only at about the time MS Longhorn is ripe for replacement -- between 4 and six years from now.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:39 am

bobdickgus wrote:i am not a fan of pdf but it is a lot better than doc for what it is designed to do.
Maybe, but it is designed to be of little use except for reading. I want to be able to manipulate my files and pdf is damned difficult to manipulate. Besides, the interface is completely counter-intuitive to me and irritates me no end. (And I create pdf files every day as part of my job.)

I fail to understand what is wrong with picture formats like jpg, bmp or gif? Why the hell go for a format as unwieldy as pdf?

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:41 pm

my favorite thing about pdf is, even as compressed as it is with photos and diagrams, you can still select text for pasting.

Psignorian

Post by Psignorian » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:56 pm

Isn't this thread sposta be about that russian design, not the perceived faults of Microsoft and/or any other software and formats? Just checking.
^^;
"Ow! It's hot!" "Just get away from it, it's dangerous until it cools." "I hope she doesn't notice what it did to her plants..."

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:28 pm

Thank you very much! Bruno can start a "I hate PDF thread" somewhere, so how about this drawing? Where's our Russian member when you need him? I'd love to know what some of it says.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:01 pm

Psignorian wrote:Isn't this thread sposta be about that russian design, not the perceived faults of Microsoft and/or any other software and formats? Just checking.
^^;
It would have been about the Russian design if I could see it. But, your wonderful f*****g pdf file you love so much will not open. Yes, I have all the necessary software. I _work_with pdf daily.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:05 pm

bruno wrote:But, your wonderful f*****g pdf file you love so much will not open.

Try it again, Kenneth had to fix something yesterday or so in that regard..

Pieter van Boven

Post by Pieter van Boven » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:41 pm

here it is...
Attachments
russian patent.JPG
(154.76 KiB) Downloaded 875 times

Dmitry Petrov

I here

Post by Dmitry Petrov » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:43 pm

Mike Everman wrote:Thank you very much! Bruno can start a "I hate PDF thread" somewhere, so how about this drawing? Where's our Russian member when you need him? I'd love to know what some of it says.
It is the patent from the private person. Its home address is specified only. I shall try to contact the author (m.b.).

This patent describes a pulsejet engine with chain of chambers of combustion (detonation) which are connected gas-dynamic. In figure chambers of combustion (detonation chambers) and small tubules of transfer of a detonation are shown _ONLY_.

These engines (most likely) are declared as detonation (PDE). At least their way gas-dynamic communications - detonation tubes. This engine is offered for flying devices.

I DO NOT THINK that it is the serious patent. It simply a label (mark, sign). A designation of any priority.

The most sad - Russian patents are _less_ accessible to viewing on the Internet than American patents :(

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:32 pm

dmitry wrote:The most sad - Russian patents are _less_ accessible to viewing on the Internet than American patents :(
Ah, thank you for the content, Dmitry! And yes, sadly there is very little accessable to me from Russia, especially in the IPC code that is "pulsed combustion", but I'm still looking. I have a pretty good international patent service, and will keep an eye on it.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:11 pm

Michael and Dimitry,

Thanks for the input. An interesting layout even though I failed to understand it completely. It would seem to transmit a shockwave for timing purposes only. Maybe it could work if you wanted to run an entire daisy chain of pulsejets.

Pieter, thanks for the jpg. Thanks to Kenneth for fixing the pdf problem. I can now open the pdf files in the forum, too. (I still hate them, but I can at least see what the pictures look like.