rocket/grenade

Moderator: Mike Everman

Pieter van Boven
Antipspambot question: 0

rocket/grenade

Post by Pieter van Boven » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:25 pm

Who has some good idea's to use these parts for a rocket engine. It is a practise rocket-grenade and has this perfect nozzle and fuel housing (it's not explosive..). The problem is that i don't know where to find the right fuel-ingredients. I don't know much about rocket engines and I am not so interested in them but it is a waste not to use these parts I think.
Any good idea's?

Pieter.
Attachments
grenade1.jpg
grenade1.jpg (4.7 KiB) Viewed 8918 times
grenade2.jpg
grenade2.jpg (4.42 KiB) Viewed 8916 times
grenade3.jpg
grenade3.jpg (5.07 KiB) Viewed 8916 times

Pieter van Boven

Post by Pieter van Boven » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:28 pm

The last picture. Nozzle fits perfect in the rocket's "fuelhousing" and closes perfect with a rubber sealing.
Attachments
grenade4.jpg
grenade4.jpg (5.82 KiB) Viewed 8915 times

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:13 pm

nice stuff there, but depending on how much performance you want from that thing, there are several degrees of complexity you could go into for the propellant, ranging from a one time use KNO3/Sucrose casting straaight into the casing, to blackpowder formulae, to reuseable methods all the way up to ammonium perchlorate formulae. For your use, i would suggest rolling a suitabe sized grain of KNO3/Sucrose mix and wrapping with brown paper to protect the case. see here and here. anyway, good luck,

T.
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Alan Smith

Post by Alan Smith » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:37 pm

Cool stuff! If it isn`t much of a bother, could you give me the inernal dimensions and weight? By the way, did it fly and if it did what did you use as propellant?

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:35 am

Hmmm, rocket propelled grenades, I'm sure that's going to go over well with the internet community. I hadn't thought about them much, but I'm sure all terrorists have. Maybe Bruce is working on the design now as well and New Zealand is on his case. LOL
Mark

Alan Smith

Post by Alan Smith » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:21 pm

If it would develop into a problem, then without it. Besides, RPGs deal with a very old technology with respect to the ones emerging today. Terrorists don`t need info on making their own weapons, they simply buy their weapons. It is much easier then producing them. Eitherway, there are ignorant people out there who have power over us.

Technology`s been developping very rapidly the last 10 years or so, and that`s all on the market level. Who knows where technology has reached in the top secret government labs around the world. The research and development of high-tech unconvetional weapons is the one to be feared. That`s because we don`t know how to evade the actions of these weapons or proving there existance to authorities.

I may have missed a lot of points but I can`t publish a book right now!

vhautaka

Post by vhautaka » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:43 pm

At least IRA and PLO terrorists have made RPG's of their own for years.

And in Afghanistan / Pakistan today, there's blacksmiths who make perfect AK-47 replicas (deadly) right out of junk and sell them at rural marketplaces. I guess they'd make you a rocket launcher for a bunch of dollars.. :)

Who cares about plans online, when the "bad guys" have the great weapons of US, Russia, Israel etc. to study hands-on...

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:25 pm

vhautaka wrote:At least IRA and PLO terrorists have made RPG's of their own for years.

And in Afghanistan / Pakistan today, there's blacksmiths who make perfect AK-47 replicas (deadly) right out of junk and sell them at rural marketplaces. I guess they'd make you a rocket launcher for a bunch of dollars.. :)

Who cares about plans online, when the "bad guys" have the great weapons of US, Russia, Israel etc. to study hands-on...

I can believe it, when I was a boy, my father took me along to Rawalpindi to pick up something or other he had made on occasion. Those guys sit on the floor lathing, hammering in the most simple of shops and bang out real pieces of art, furniture, and metal objects. I remember one time he said we had to get home before dark, because of bandits in the hills; I'd see mongooses, jackels, wild boar, and other native animals looking out the window of my Dad's black Bristol. No shortage of guns over there either.
We'd have some competition if those guys started making pulsejets. Speaking of cheap labor and making a lot with very little, I wonder what ever happened to the Chinese pulsejet manufacturing offer made to Kenneth?
Mark