NASA Conducts First Test On New Motor For The Ares I Rocket

Moderator: Mike Everman

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

NASA Conducts First Test On New Motor For The Ares I Rocket

Post by Viv » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:50 pm

Engineers at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala., completed first-round testing on Sept. 11 of a key motor for the next-generation Ares I rocket. The ullage settling motor is a small, solid rocket motor that will assist in vehicle stage separation and provide the forward motion needed to push fuel to the bottom of the fuel tanks during the launch to orbit of the Ares I rocket. Ares I is the first launch vehicle in NASA's new Constellation Program family of space vehicles that will transport astronauts to the International Space Station, the moon and beyond in coming decades. Image: NASA/MSFC

http://www.physorg.com/news140442483.html

I really love the fact of how this motor was designed from the ground up and its explanation of why its used, I am really looking forward to when Aries is launched for real as I will plan a vacation and take the family down to see the it, but maybe we will have bought a condo down there by that time any way for wintering in the sun

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire