Jim

http://www.gkllc.com/hydrogen_peroxide_products.html
WHAT TO FRAP, IT WORKED![url=callto://james.a.berquist]Image[/url]

marksteamnz
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Peroxide Rockets

Post by marksteamnz » Mon May 07, 2007 9:58 am

See my rant in the "Best idea for a rocket thread"
superhornet59 wrote:Hey guys, wow it's been so long since I've been on the site! Well its good to be here, anyway a while ago my friend got one of those 49cc pocket bikes, it's pretty fun... but in my usual spirit, I crave more.

Looking at all the possible forms of propulsion, I see only one thats feasable cheap and safe. a Peroxide Monopropellant Rocket. That would definately give it a kick hehe.

I see a number of companies making them, but nothing about sales. They look very simple on the exterior, does anyone here know where I can find some plans for them?

Also about the peroxide itself, if anyone here works with it, I'm wondering do you make a batch and use is right afterwards, or do you store it?

I hear about it decomposing over time and then violently reacting to any impurity. last thing i need is violent eruptions of high pressure steam and oxygen in my basement (or between my legs on the bike for that matter!!)

But at the same time I hear its actualy very stable, safer then gasoline. im not really sure what to make of it. can anyone clear that up?

Thanks,

-Matt
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz