Sources for 85+% H2O2?

Moderator: Mike Everman

NickC
Antipspambot question: 0

Sources for 85+% H2O2?

Post by NickC » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:47 am

Is there anywhere in the US where you can get 85% H2O2? I found a place in Sweden, but shipping is $690. There is a company in Mexico, TAM, that makes a H2O2 distillation machine using de-ionization processes or something to make it stable. They sell for $15,800 and they claim they have sold many so maybe there is one in the US that the owners would be willing to sell some of H2O2 it makes. They claim it can make 90% H2O2 for under $0.60/lb. Does anyone on this forum know of a "safe" way to distill hydrogen peroxide? I heard something about doing it in a vaccuum and doing it remotely.

Irvine.J

re: Sources for 85+% H2O2?

Post by Irvine.J » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:12 am

http://www.rocketguy.com/rocket/fuelbldg.html

That guy is doing it, maybe drop him a line, he might be able to tell you the process then maybe you can just scale it down?

Zippiot

Post by Zippiot » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:14 pm

After the terrorist thing anyone buying more than 29% h202 is reported to the police...
Terrorists ruined mekp for all of us!
Sailing Student- How do I know if my life jacket is tight enough?
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!

NickC

Post by NickC » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:53 pm

seriously? I guess triacetone triperoxide is made with hydrogen peroxide.

Zippiot

Post by Zippiot » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:26 pm

TATP MEKP AP HMTD and a few others are all peroxides, easily made with any concentration but yeilds are higher with concentrated h202.

TATP should fall under the catagory of acetone peroxide (correct me as I am sure to be wrong) there are many different forms that can be made. The trimetric form is the most stable and also the most powerful. Mekp is a liquid explosive made the same way as acetone peroxide but it uses mek (methyl ethyl ketone) instead of acetone.

It is scary how I can seriosuly go around the corner and buy all the stuff I need to make bombs without attracting too much attention...

I took the vid a year ago but never got around to putting it up until recently...I am not a terrorist just interested and have not made any explosives since!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Atf86QasF8c

What you cannot see:
I am wearing a full face sheild and ear protection. The charge being set off is about the size of a firecracker.
What I wish I had done:
Electronic ignition, just to be safe.
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!

NickC

Post by NickC » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:57 am

marshmellows? should've done watermelon. you could blow up a whole water melon if you had a straw almost as long as one. i stuck a cheap bottle rocket in half of a watermelon and it blew a huge hole in it and split the rhine.

Zippiot

Post by Zippiot » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:53 am

Long ago I strapped a 3/4 straw full to a un-opened soda can. The explosion wasnt even visible, the only clue it went off was the deafness and everyone was covered in soda (also the can dissapeared).

This is not an explosives forum though and I gotta stop the talk before we get too off topic. High concetration h202 can be made through distilation, I have seen set-ups costing as little as 90 dollars that can concentrate any source of h202 into 99% pure h202 (or so claimed). If you have a mono-propellant or liquid fuel rocket that depends on highly conentrated h202 it may be worth it as a normal launches worth of h202 in a liquid fueled rocket can exceed 4 bux if purchased.
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!

NickC

Post by NickC » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:04 pm

Could you show me some of these set-ups? Whatver I do it will be done remotely and there will be some polycarbonate between me and the H2O2. I have also read adding up to 4mg of sodium stannate per kg of the H2O2 solution can stabilize it. When you distill it you just boil out the water correct? because H2O2 has a higher boiling point than the water that dillutes it.

Zippiot

Post by Zippiot » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:55 pm

Yes you can boil the water out of the h202, and sorry but I donnot have any pics of the set-ups...
Only problem with boiling is that concentrated h202 is quite dangerous near flame...it will combust when contacting cement.
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!

NickC

Post by NickC » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:09 pm

contacting cement?? does cement conain some kind of catalyst? I can just boil it on a hot plate without any flame, correct? The thing that worries me is that hot H2O2 vapors can detonate, I think I'm going to do this in a vacuum

btw, i think I may drop the polycarbonate idea, that stuffs expensive!!

Zippiot

Post by Zippiot » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:13 pm

By contacting cement I mean if you spill it goes off...
Might not be a bad idea to do it in a vacume, and yes a hotplate is prolly a better idea than bunsen burner or oven.
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!

NickC

Post by NickC » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:20 am

question abotu vacuum distillation, is it just inside of the glass that is a vacuum or is the whole distillation unit in one large vacuum apparatus?

Zippiot

Post by Zippiot » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:17 am

Either will work, whichever is easiest!

All you gotta do is get some of the vapors away from the flame...but since there is no flame...
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!

NickC

Post by NickC » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:58 am

i jsut talked to someone and they said to put the vacuum at the end of the condenser.

NickC

Post by NickC » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:20 pm

I have realized distilling it won't be that big of a deal, but purifying it will be something that you need some kind of engineering degree to know how to do. I found a webiste, swissrocketman.com or something and this guy makes purifers for H2O2. the cost is still unknown, but maybe I could view it as an investment since I would be able to sell H2O2 in the US. It really isn't available here, for a decent price or a hgih enough concentration.