Legal??

Moderator: Mike Everman

Willastro
Antipspambot question: 0

Legal??

Post by Willastro » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:01 pm

I stopped rocketry when i was younger as i got to D engines then found i needed an explosive liscence to purchise bigger engines. This was all prior to 9/11 aswell.

But then i see u can build ur own, and i looking at makin a pvc G rocket motor. Is this legal in the uk? Am i allowed to make this using KNO3 / surcose fuell??

Cheers, dont wanna get raided and shot by the police.

Tom

re: Legal??

Post by Tom » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:41 am

You won't get shot, but in the UK, I'm almost positive we're not allowed to take part in such activities.

From the UKRA rules, I seem to remeember that we're only allowed to make Bi-Prop engines, ie, hybrids or liquid fuels. We aren't allowed to mix solids into an explosive/propellant I think.

Though I doubt anyone is going to raise too much fuss over a few small pieces of rCandy....
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Willastro

Post by Willastro » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:57 am

cheers i understand.

find it funny though ur allowed to use liquid fuel but not solids lol.

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:15 am

Mmm, just a little bit funny.

However, I guess they don't expect anyone to be building a weapon that evolved from a bi-prop motor : oP
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

_Rahul_

Post by _Rahul_ » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:01 pm

Any guy who can make things fly and can make a bomb .. can turn a slow PJ into a dreadful thing!
As far as I know .. certain propellants are banned and some liquid ones as well. Plus u can fly ur engines only in allowed places like desserts or kinda!
[url=callto://ralph_10019]Image[/url]

heada

Re: re: Legal??

Post by heada » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:20 pm

Willastro wrote:cheers i understand.

find it funny though ur allowed to use liquid fuel but not solids lol.
Old post, but there is a difference between "liquid fuel" and a bi-propellant hybrid.

Normally, when one talks about a liquid fuel rocket, they are talking about liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen (or liquid oxygen and another liquid) A hybrid is a liquid and a solid. To my knowledge, a hybrid is legal while a "liquid" is not. The key difference is that when the liquid part of a hybrid starts to flow, you will not get a reaction with the solid fuel unless some other catalyst is also present (heat in the case of a N2O + fuel) where in the liquid fueled rocket, the two liquids will react on their own (liquid oxygen + most things = reaction)

I'd highly suggest that if you're really interested in this to contact the UKRA. They should be ableto tell you exactly what you can and can't do legally.

-Aaron