help in designing a rocket

Moderator: Mike Everman

steve
Antipspambot question: 0

re: help in designing a rocket

Post by steve » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:25 pm

You should really attend the next NEFAR launch.
http://www.nefar.net/
In the afternoons they allow the firing of "experimental rockets" and there are a lot of people there who know way more about KNO3 fuels etc then I do. I will try to make it to the next launch (whenever they get around to posting the date) since I have a few machined engines I would like to fire. Jimmy Yawn will probably be there too

El-Kablooey

Re: re: help in designing a rocket

Post by El-Kablooey » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:34 pm

steve wrote:You should really attend the next NEFAR launch.
http://www.nefar.net/
In the afternoons they allow the firing of "experimental rockets" and there are a lot of people there who know way more about KNO3 fuels etc then I do. I will try to make it to the next launch (whenever they get around to posting the date) since I have a few machined engines I would like to fire. Jimmy Yawn will probably be there too

There you are!, just yesterday I was wondering where you had been lately. Busy with school I imagine.
On an endless quest in search of a better way.

steve

Post by steve » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:12 pm

yeah, I came back to school but my computer was still broken. It only just got fixed on monday. I have been really busy with school but I am also working on my level one certifacation so I can fly H and I motors. Ill have to post some pics of my new rocket!

</hijacking>

Zippiot

Post by Zippiot » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:16 pm

i am gonna start doin the lvl certs, i already have many existing workin small model rockets do i have to make a new one or can i use those?

turns out there is a huge rocketry thing at my school every other sunday, ill have to check it out!
Sailing Student- How do I know if my life jacket is tight enough?
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!

steve

Post by steve » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:44 pm

where are you going to school? I assumed Embry Riddle because you kept mentioning guys from NASA

Zippiot

Post by Zippiot » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:14 pm

i am at de anza right now (its comunity college but im transfering to either cal poly or ucsb later this year, just gotta pik which one). i am just down the street from nasa/ames at moffet field. the rocket group at de anza has a website but its been down for a few weeks now...

i got plenty of open fields in the area to use...its just a matter of commiting money to this (my job doesnt sart for a few more months...)
Sailing Student- How do I know if my life jacket is tight enough?
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!