how to dammage property

Moderator: Mike Everman

Zippiot
Antipspambot question: 0

how to dammage property

Post by Zippiot » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:03 am

for the last week i have been working with the rcandy, trying to figure out how to prepare it correctly and how to mold it into a rocket motor. my first few attempts just made a fireworks lookin display, but around 520 today things went down a little differently...

i had perfected the method of preparing the rcandy, and it was casted directly into my premade rocket motor (copper pipe with cement as a nozzle). i did the same as i always do for safety, i cap the non-nozzled end with a cork jammed so far in there i cant get it out, and wedged the bastard between cinderblocks. i lit the fuse and stood back (my brother was at my side if you dont believe any of this story). it started off like a regular attempt at a rocket, just kinda sizzled and such. then it went whooosh, the cork popped out of the bak, the motor spun aound so it was nozzle to the ground, then it went BBBBAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and shot off into the wild blue yonder...

i tried to folow it with my eyes, to my luck sum of the propellant fell out of the bak and burns up on its own, decreasing the power and making it easier to track. it went quite far for a motor of its size with no backing and little propellant, actually i found it sitting on the curb at my neighbor cj's house...about 7 houses down the street i believe.

my machine shop teacher is helping me make a cap that wont blow off,and maybe a stand to test its power...hopefully no more unschedualed launches in the future

hopefully....
Sailing Student- How do I know if my life jacket is tight enough?
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!

Rambo

re: how to dammage property

Post by Rambo » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:29 pm

What was the fuel that you were using?For damage I advise you aceton peroxide.Don't handle with out an eye protection.May be a coposive chrge will do the job. :D

Zippiot

Post by Zippiot » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:36 pm

it was just a sugar kno3 mix, not even iron oxide jsut sugar and kno3. the stuff really burns i guess...and now i know
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!

Jim Berquist

Post by Jim Berquist » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:30 pm

I could had sworn that I told you about the thing I did with the CO 2 cartridge...???????

Your going to hurt your self and or someone else ......

Try the KNO3 and flour for a while!!!!!

Jim
WHAT TO FRAP, IT WORKED![url=callto://james.a.berquist]Image[/url]

Dang911

Post by Dang911 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:27 am

Will KNO3 and Flour really work?

Maybe gullible is written somewhere I just can't see.....
Louder is ALWAYS Better!!!

Zippiot

Post by Zippiot » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:39 am

ive seen combustion cannons run off of flour...

and your ill fated co2 cylinder happened for a reason, those things arent meant to take heat. anything over 130 destroys the metal of the cylinder. they are just meant to take high pressure, a co2 cartridge is in no way shape or form meant to be used as a rocket motor or heat container.
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!