If It Works, You Should Show It Off At Sandhurst

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mike Kirney
Antipspambot question: 0

If It Works, You Should Show It Off At Sandhurst

Post by Mike Kirney » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:14 pm

You should make a Weebl Rocket, Stephen. It's quite ingenious really. You could buy everything you need (including tools) at Canadian Tire for about 100 bucks. Tom has incorporated a lot of found items into his rocket so that is how he keeps his costs down. My only contribution was a stoichiometry calculation and some practical suggestions (which Tom shot down almost immediately). He uses a paper grain, NOx oxidant, and a clever epoxy/perchlorate valve/igniter - dead simple. I have to ask Tom - are you sure that the percholate won't interfere with the curing of the epoxy resin?

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:53 pm

Where does he get Pottasium Perchlorate? The water softner section (in all seriousness). I've never been able to find it.

I like the burst disk used in the Caldera design.

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:25 pm

i shot them down, mike, to keep the cost down:) mine will cost far less then a hundered bucks. your ideas will come into play soon, don't worry. and as for the perchlorate, basically anything that can act as a powerful enough oxidiser could do. You could even substitute it for blackpowder, availabe in the sports and leisure section:) i am only drawing up the rough guidelines based on what i can get hold of. come to think of it........i might be able to get hold of some black powder...

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Mike Kirney

Another Post Goes Astray

Post by Mike Kirney » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:23 pm

This is the second time that one of my replies to a thread gets posted as its own thread. Wierd!

Stephen H
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Stephen H » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:32 am

ohh mike your so special you deserve it :P....

Stephen