Casting Session today

Moderator: Mike Everman

Ray
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Casting Session today

Post by Ray » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:32 pm

Yeah, I'd take the tips, can't ever have too much info.

The chamfer I was refering too would be on the non thrust side of the circlip. It would allow the oring to move over the grove a bit better and on a really tight fit, prevent the cutting. The real problem was that the gland for the o-ring wasn't the right size, we can turn down the diameter a bit. The machinist set things up with too much crush on the o-ring.

I am not impressed with the quality of the machine work on these casings...I almost think I could do it better myself. I guess the clue would have been "you'll have to sand the liners a bit". The liners are standard sizes, and none of the other hardware that I have available require any sanding to make things fit. The circlip grooves were a very tight fit, you really had to work to get them in. A little more clearance wouldn't affect the motor operation. The funny thing is that we bought the hardware from him because he is a local guy trying to get into the business, not on cost. His stuff was within a few dollars of anybody else. Most of the work that needs to be done is minor, so we'll pby let him know and fix it ourselves, and then in the future buy from somebody else.