Anything else ???

Moderator: Mike Everman

kenneth
Site Admin
Antipspambot question: 0

Anything else ???

Post by kenneth » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:54 am

Hi

Is there anything else there needed to be change , added ??

kenneth

Mike Everman

Re: Anything else ???

Post by Mike Everman » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:51 pm

I like Mark's idea of a Jam Jar/ Reynst Pot Forum. Or maybe call it "Single Hole Breathers" (?)
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

skyfrog

Post by skyfrog » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:43 pm

kenneth wrote:Hi

Is there anything else there needed to be change , added ??

kenneth
Poll.
Topic for example : Do you think skyfrog's valveless design will work or not ?
and of course many other interesting topics.
Long live jet engine !
Horace
Jetbeetle

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:13 am

Enable private messages and, if you fear bad use, I'll link you to a PM viewer for phpBB2

Hi

privat messages enabled !!

please send link to PM Viewer

km
Anthony

Mike Kirney

Post by Mike Kirney » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:33 am

Free beverages?
Trig IS fun.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:52 am

Kenneth, I would like to be able to upload a picture without automatically showing it in a posting. If one could do that, it would be possible to embed pictures in the text exactly where one wants them with [img]and[/img] tags and teh picture URL in between. Right now, if you upload a picture, it is automatically situated below text.

When I want to post a text with several pictures, it is nice to have the possibility of positioning each picture exactly where it belongs. I did that in the FAQ section, but the result was that the pictures were both in the text, where I wanted them, and repeated below the text, which is unnecessary.

By the way, the automatic resize utility is fantastic! Thanks.

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:54 am

Mike Kirney wrote:Free beverages?
You mean like Creemore Springs or Moosehead?

:)

Mike Kirney

Post by Mike Kirney » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:19 pm

Well I was thinking more like coffee and tea but Upper Canada Dark or that wheat beer from Saskatchewan that comes in a red can would be alright.
Trig IS fun.

Stephen H
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Stephen H » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:02 pm

if you have the free beverages, why not a pizza or k2 for the younger innocent ones :P

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:12 pm

Smirnoff Ice? I'll be 18 soon... Well, actually, in 2 years... But it doesn't matter...

But you can bring the pizza too!
Anthony

NanoSoft
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by NanoSoft » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:52 pm

Hey kenneth, I tried to use the poll fuction but it doesn't work. I know you probaly know but anyways it won't let you post unless you have over one option but if you put over one option then it says you are trying to post to many options.

Nanosoft

tufty

Post by tufty » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:36 pm

A minor tweakage to embedded objects would be nice. I'm not sure if it can be done, but for me, without WMP, I get a popup window trying to get me to load a microsoft plugin. Which is nice enough, except that there is no plugin for my platform, so it's useless. If the 'go to plugins page' popup could be eradicated, it would suit me. On certain threads, I get a _lot_ of popups to click through before I get anywhere. Such is the pain of living in a microsoft dominated world, I guess.

My suggestion would be to have the plugin enabled bit for those who have ActiveX enabled and the relevant plugin, and just provide a straight download link for those that don't. I don't know if that's do-able or not, though.

I won't go into the evilness of using ActiveX here...

Simon

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:44 pm

tufty wrote:A minor tweakage to embedded objects would be nice. I'm not sure if it can be done, but for me, without WMP, I get a popup window trying to get me to load a microsoft plugin. Which is nice enough, except that there is no plugin for my platform, so it's useless. If the 'go to plugins page' popup could be eradicated, it would suit me. On certain threads, I get a _lot_ of popups to click through before I get anywhere. Such is the pain of living in a microsoft dominated world, I guess.

My suggestion would be to have the plugin enabled bit for those who have ActiveX enabled and the relevant plugin, and just provide a straight download link for those that don't. I don't know if that's do-able or not, though.

I won't go into the evilness of using ActiveX here...

Simon
2 words my friend.

Mozilla. Firefox...

http://texturizer.net/firefox/index.html

tufty

Post by tufty » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:16 pm

Principal Skinner wrote:Mozilla. Firefox...
What, does firefox allow ActiveX onder OSX? Shurely shome mishtake.

Actually, yes, I am aware that firefox allows blocking of popups rather better than Safari does, but Safari is blazing fast. Well, ish. I have FF installed for testing sites on, but don't use it day-to-day. Actually, my preferred browser (apart from lynx) is OmniWeb.

Note I said "living in a microsoft dominated world", not "using a substandard operating system and pretending to love it" ;-)

Simon (avoiding microsoft since 1987)

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:32 pm

I think it has been suggested before, but a spell check would really help me. I have to look "big" words up all the time, I'm a crappy speller and I would hate to embarrass myself needlessly. For some reason, spelling is hard for me, maybe I am a partial dyslexic, if there is such a thing.
I don't know how hard or practical it would be to have a spell check program on this site though.
I'm working on some more jam jar ideas, I would really like to have a separate catagory for jars. I found myself today asking, "When is a jam jar, not a jam jar? Perhaps it's like moths and butterflies, alligators and crocodiles, legless lizards and snakes, frogs and toads, turtles and tortoises, somewhere there is often a creature blurring the distinction, living between realms. Perhaps even pulsejet enthusiasts could be said to be intermediate, living at some interval equidistant from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, holding some nobel distinction yet tormenting peaceful neighborhoods with their affliction.
Mark