"Beginners start here" forum?

Moderator: Mike Everman

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

"Beginners start here" forum?

Post by Viv » Sun May 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi Mike

As long term user one thing I note is the newbie questions spotted around the various fora, thats not a problem in itself, but I see the problem for the new members wondering were to get there questions answered and also the unfortunate cases were some poor sole gets jumped by an older member for daring to (but unknowingly) ask an old often answered question yet again.

Is there a good argument to add another specific forum? one named "beginners start here" some were they can safely exist with out worry or strife and safely post there questions and search answers, plenty of members take pleasure in answering these sorts of questions so thats not a problem, it does give some were tidy to keep these threads and later edit them in to FAQs

Just an idea but it could give an advantage to the new user as to were to start their research

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

ace_fedde
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: "Beginners start here" forum?

Post by ace_fedde » Mon May 25, 2009 2:23 pm

Viv, Mike,

Might be an idea to make in every forum a sticky thread: "post your -help my jet doesn't work- questions here"?
Then you have your beginners-forum and FAQ in one inside all forums. Might require a bit cleaning once in a while but that's easy while it's all in one thread.
Then you don't have the risk that more experienced members who are willing to help don't see the questions because the questions are in another forum.

Fedde
Your scepticism is fuel for my brain.

Irvine.J
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Irvine.J » Sat May 30, 2009 4:59 pm

Good idea Viv. Best idea to come out of Canada since seal clubbing. Hahahaha *cough cough*
Rofl Viv I jest of course. Not bad man, I like.
Could it be set up to require two post to open them to the rest of the forum? Avoid spam bots?
James- Image KEEPING IT REAL SINCE 1982
http://pulseairdefence.com
[url=callto://project42labs]Image[/url]

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Sat May 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Irvine.J wrote:Good idea Viv. Best idea to come out of Canada since seal clubbing. Hahahaha *cough cough*
Rofl Viv I jest of course. Not bad man, I like.
Could it be set up to require two post to open them to the rest of the forum? Avoid spam bots?
Hi James

Not a bad idea that making them have a minimum number of posts in the beginners forum before they are allowed out to play in the big boys play ground.

As for the other thing? well let me just say Bio-Diesel :twisted:

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire