New section requested ...

Moderator: Mike Everman

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

New section requested ...

Post by luc » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:02 pm

Greetings Moderators and members,

What happen if one day someone comes with a new "Aparatus" or equipment or system that in one, includes either a Pressure jet and/or a Valveless Pulse jet and/or a Valved Pulse jet and a turbine ????? :?: :?: :?:

Does it fall under the "Pressure jet section" or the "Valveless Pulse jet section" or the "Pulse jet section" or the "Gas turbine section" ????? :?: :?: :?:

I think we are now up to clearly answer this question and probably for anyone playing or combining these technologies will find himself where I am ... "Where the Heck do I post this ????? :?: :? :shock:

May I request or suggest that Pulse-Jets.com open a new section called ... "Pressure Gain Combustion" or "Combustion Pressure Gain Systems (Aparatus)" ... Which would basically cover anything using a Pressure jet and/or a Valveless Pulse jet and/or a Valved Pulse jet and/or a turbine wheel or anything else OR fall in between these topics.

Right now, I have subjects I can not post because they are not purely related to specific sections (i.e : Pressure jet, Valveless Pulse jet, Pulse jet, Gas turbines ...ect), but more covering many of these.

You can either take this as a request or a suggestion, which suit you best ...

Thanks & Regards
Luc
Designer & Inventor

metiz

Re: New section requested ...

Post by metiz » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:40 pm

Mr William of Ockham once said:
"All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best" or:
"entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity"

If you have something related to pulse, ram or pressure jets to say, just post it where it fits in the best. I'm sure the moderators won't mind. Choose.

My 2 cents, Hope I'm not out of line here.
Quantify the world.

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:58 pm

How about a forum for "Unconventional Turbines" ? or "New Shaft Power Technologies" ?

On the lighter side:
"Whirly-gigs" ?
"Things that go waaaaaa-zweeeee?"
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

luc

Post by luc » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:48 am

Mike Everman wrote:How about a forum for "Unconventional Turbines" ? or "New Shaft Power Technologies" ?

On the lighter side:
"Whirly-gigs" ?
"Things that go waaaaaa-zweeeee?"
Mike,

Your ideas are very good and I especially like the "New Shaft Power Technologies".

But what if one day someone invent the "Pulso reactor coupled with RAM jet" (Like in the "Stealth" movie) ... Then, the words "Turbine" and/or "Shaft" comes out of line here ... But I like your proposal and especially your open mind to the subject.

What about ... "Hybrids Power Generation Technologies" or something like that ... This way, we are mostly cleared with anythings that might be trown when mixing technologies ...

What do you think ????

Thanks and regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:03 pm

"You are not authorised to read this forum."

au·thor·ize Audio Help /ˈɔθəˌraɪz/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[aw-thuh-rahyz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -ized, -iz·ing. 1. to give authority or official power to; empower: to authorize an employee to sign purchase orders.
2. to give authority for; formally sanction (an act or proceeding): Congress authorized the new tax on tobacco.
3. to establish by authority or usage: an arrangement long authorized by etiquette books.
4. to afford a ground for; warrant; justify.
Also, especially British, au·thor·ise.

I can't seem to view this forum, yet I can view all the other forums. I think it might be a British or Canadian forum. ha

Unconventional Turbine forum
Shaft power devices that defy normal classification
"You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

{Board index Change font size User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts FAQ Members Logout [ Mark ] Information
You are not authorised to read this forum.}
Presentation is Everything

luc

Post by luc » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi Mike,

Well .... I guest you went for a title including the word "Turbine" in it ....

Personally, I would have prefered a "Larger" or "Wider Scope" title for the same question comes back (i.e : What happen if someone has something related to a "Pulse jet and RAM jet" combination?) which brings the "Gas Turbine" and "Unconventional Turbine" forum section out of line ... And as it also does for the "Pulse Jet" and "RAM Jet" forum section.

My choice still goes for "Hybrids Power Generation Technologies" ... But your the Boss mate and I am still greatfull that you have welcomed my request ... Thanks.

By the way ... I too can't access this new section for I get this message "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum"

Thanks and regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Mike Everman » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:49 am

It's the first time I've created a forum in phpbb3. I'll check the permissions and consider a name change, though 'twer I you, I'd put a hybrid valveless and ramjet in the most popular forum, valveless.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.