Hobbyist market "Available Engines" page (Suggestion)

Moderator: Mike Everman

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Hobbyist market "Available Engines" page (Suggestion)

Post by luc » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:13 pm

Dear Pulse-Jets.com moderators & owner,

Considering a situation that you are probably not aware and the fact that with no dought Pulse-Jets.com is "The" world wide reference in Pulse-jets, I have a suggestion to propose.

Since day one of GLC's history, we have recieved countless inquieries form plusjet engines enthousiats for engines of any types and you might be interested to know that from analizing these inquireries, it is obvious that most of these have originated from Pulse-Jets.com.

The other thing is, that everytime we get such inquireries, we also have to repeat (Write) the same old story (i.e: Best application, engine thrust, dimensions, fuel type, construction, price, shipping and delivery) Over and Over and Over again and up to the point that I now personnally do "Copy & Past" of previous messages to answer. Not that I don't like or have no time to do this in the opposite, but this situation is now telling me that something is wrong and/or missing on Pulse-Jets.com and makes me think there is a better and more efficient way to do this, a way that could also bring some funding to Pulse-Jets.com.

My suggestion

I suggest that a page be created on Pulse-jets.com, "Exclusively" for "Available Engines" and where peoples and/or corporations (Names, coordinates and main contact "PM" link) that have engines to sell could publish their engine availabilities (Models, plans, kits or assembled), engine specifications (Engine types, dimensions, thrust, fuel type, application ...ect) and "Termes" (Prices, delivery, stocks and shipping, payement ...ect).

This said, a specific engine that is not on that page, would probably mean it is not available for the hobbyist market (i.e : The GLC PulseRam).

This would be "THE" Place on Pulse-jets.com where all interested and/or newcomers could find the engine they are looking for and all information on it by a mouse "Click".

Pulse-Jets.com could also get a bit of funding to support the Site with this and from every completed transactions that has originated from this page and publishers would have to agree to a certain purcentage (i.e : 5% or 10% ... ect) given to Pulse-jets.com from these sales. This could be done by only allowing the "PM" (Personal message) link to be put next to the specific corporation and/or individual to be contacted, which would also be redirected to moderators so they are aware that some sort of interest and/or transaction is probably taking place. Maybe some sort of small agreement between the publishers and Pulse-Jets.com under stating this, which GLC would gladly sign if it is to help and be more efficient.

This way, everyone would gain from this for :

1) Interested peoples or newcomers or customers would find all they are looking for ... In one page.
2) If it is not there, don't ask for it ... It is not available (For now).
3) Corporation and/or individual would have a good place to publish their products (It all start from here most of the time anyway).
4) We would have less reoccurence repeating the same old story, save time and would be more efficient.
5) And Pulse-Jets.com would also gain from it (Again ... It all start from here most of the time anyway).

1 NOTE ... I also suggest this page Not to be open for forum discussions but only as an available engines publishing place.

Just talking for GLC, you guys would be amased the number of requests we get, who leads no where by the way, but only because our corporation's orientation choice (i.e : Industrial, commercial & aeronautical market). But the time we spend answering is still and these peoples end-up with a cold shower. Somehow, We and They have lost their times.

This new page would solve this situation for an interested person would go on that page, see and clik on Conception GLC for exemple, "Available Engines" Haaaaaa ... No PulseRam, only Chinese and 1 Pulse Jet model .... Naaaaaaaaaaa. I will go see other companies ... Beck Technologies ... Hummmm ... Interesting, they have more models available ... And so on.

Just this morning, I have refered a gentlemen's inquiery to M. Eric Beck (Maybe because I got tangled with Eric in arguments so many times in the past that he is the first one to come to my mind ... He he he) but some how I feel a bit unfrair because I can not track all the ones that have available engines in my mind and I also think and feel that Pulse-Jets.com is missing on a great opportunity and from something that most of the times ...

Begins here .... On Pulse-Jets.com

Anyway ... That's my suggestion ...

Thanks & Best regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Re: Hobbyist market "Available Engines" page (Suggestion)

Post by luc » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:10 pm

Here is a good example of what I have said above ...

This morning I have refered an interested person to Beck-Technologies.com putting Info@beck-technologies.com in .CC and the message came back to me with an "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" message. Somehow, it seems "Info@beck-technologies.com" is either no longer good or not functionning properly.

Then, I looked at "Where to buy a Pulsejet engine" on the Pulse-Jets.com pulse-jet page and tried to look at the "K-jets - Holland" Website and here too ended-up in a page with the 404 error.

Now, I put myself at the place of someone wanting a pulsjet and maybe find this a bit difficult.

Maybe this "Available Engine" page is now due.

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Mike Everman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:06 pm

Luc,
All very good thoughts, and very much in line with what I want to do with pulse-jets.com
I've been working toward this, but at this point it's only been laying groundwork.
I've been researching e-commerce solutions (checkout/pay, etc.) and talking to folks like Eric as a manufacturer, with the idea of carrying 3-4 of his motors and taking the order through this site with a negotiated retail price that is the same from him directly or from this site.
It should not be a surprise to anyone that I purchased this site with all this in mind for when I am able to change careers, which will certainly be marketing and development of jets and plans for sale.
Thanks for the considerable effort you put in to the idea, and I'll consider your suggestions!

The entire site needs a face-lift! I'm planning on doing this myself before the end of the year. All the links are old or screwed up.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

luc

Post by luc » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:22 pm

Very Good Mike,

Actually, it is not a shame from taking over Pulse-Jets.com with such idea in mind. The popularity of this Website has made it what it is today, I can understand it is now a time consuming effort (Since you never replied to the last PM message I sent you :lol: :shock: ) to maintain and funding this site always was an issue if you remember well.

Anyway, you got GLC on your side for this. I might be able to help with sugestions if need be and even help with the organigram putting the page together if you want for I know that once such page will be online, this will mean less work and less "Repeating the same story" for us, along with better products visibility and Pulse-jets.com sourcing.

Volontary works has a limit sometime.

As for GLC, we already have few models available.

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor