PHPBB or MYSQL problem? server load?

Moderator: Mike Everman

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

PHPBB or MYSQL problem? server load?

Post by Viv » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi Mike

I think there is a problem building up with the forum as I noticed people complaining of double posting and it just for the first time happened to me, as its been a reliable connection in the past I would assume the server is getting bogged down.

By the way could you delete the two extra posts in the rocket forum for me, Ta muchly.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Follow up

Post by Viv » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:15 pm

Just as a comment, when answering Jim the same fault occurred, the posting page hung for five mins or so but the actual post was posted even though no confirmation was given.

Obviously its some thing to do with Jim;-)

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

GRIM
Antipspambot question: 0

errors

Post by GRIM » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:52 pm

mike /mods

Here is a print screen of the error message i am getting

This is immediately after hitting the submit button , the post has however been accepted

please delete this once recieved, it is just for information,

if you allready know this , forgive me
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (58.59 KiB) Viewed 15400 times

Mark

errors

Post by Mark » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:57 pm

I have found that when you click to send your post and you see that message, you should read it as message sent. ha
If you open pulse-jets.com in another window you can check to see in fact that your post was sent. I've multiple posted a few times and figured what the heck and thought up something else to say and went back and edited the extra post into something new.
Presentation is Everything

GRIM

Post by GRIM » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:09 pm

Yes I kind of automatically adjusted to it , but as Viv said , it suggests something is not working correctly , these kind of problems rarely fix themselves

"mods" Wiki

The mod (originally modernist, and sometimes capitalised as Mod) subculture originated in London in the late 1950s and peaked in the early to mid 1960s.[1][2][3][4][5] The mod lifestyle is sometimes referred to as modism, a term which may have been coined by Pete Meaden when he was famously quoted as saying "Modism, mod living, is an aphorism for clean living under difficult circumstances". Elements of the mod lifestyle include music, clothes (often tailor-made), dancing and motorscooters. From the mid to late 1960s onwards, the mainstream media often used the term mod in a wider sense to describe anything that was (or was believed to be) popular, fashionable or modern.

I was allways more of a rocker , but missed the brighton beach battles by about 20 years anyway

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:19 am

I find it almost impossible to post anything here using AOL, so I float over to Internet Explorer and don't get timed out. It's a rare day when I even get so much as a single spam in my mail with AOL though. So I keep both browsers open.
Where are you originally from Grim?

GRIM

Post by GRIM » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:41 am

South London U.K.
a cockney reject LOL

Sorry Mike i know this stuff belongs in the off forum.

BTW these last couple of posts have behaved normally, WEIRD !

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:04 am

Stop using Microsoft Junk Explorer crap and download Firefox!
ERRORS = 0
James- Image KEEPING IT REAL SINCE 1982
http://pulseairdefence.com
[url=callto://project42labs]Image[/url]

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Irvine.J wrote:Stop using Microsoft Junk Explorer crap and download Firefox!
ERRORS = 0
I have never really understood why people prefer Firefox. After years and years of everyday 12 to 16-hour use, I still fail to understand it. I work on two different locations every day and have both installed at both places and find that I never, but practically never, use Firefox. When I do, it irritates me and I quickly switch back to IE.

But then, I am the guy who used to use Windows ME at work for 4 years without a single major problem -- and liked it. Everyone else but my IT guy said ME was crap. This guy said, install it properly and use it properly and it will work fine. And it did.

Criticism of MS software is vastly overblown in my opinion -- and my opinion must carry some weight, as I have been running a publishing company totally dependent on computers and Internet, based on MS software, for the past 12 years.

leo

Re: errors

Post by leo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:11 am

Mark wrote:I have found that when you click to send your post and you see that message, you should read it as message sent. ha
If you open pulse-jets.com in another window you can check to see in fact that your post was sent. I've multiple posted a few times and figured what the heck and thought up something else to say and went back and edited the extra post into something new.
If you log into the forum its easier to delete it by moving the Mouse over the X and left click .
Attachments
delete.jpg
delete.jpg (8.76 KiB) Viewed 15204 times

Mark

errors

Post by Mark » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:54 am

Well that looks good on paper as they say. ha
Very rarely do I ever see the third option. If that X were there, I certainly would have used it. For some reason most times when I post I never see or am offered the X option, even with a post that is only a minute old. I'm sure other's have had the same experience.
My only X is Mike. ha

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:44 am

Criticism of MS software is vastly overblown in my opinion ...
All I have to say is "Vista" and that falls out of the sky all burning in giant debris field ;)

I agree that MS does a lot of things, but the number of errors, memory usage and grotesque desire to own everything including making you pay for pressing the "on" button makes me sick. Its fine if you just want to run word, but if you really want to delve into high end error free processing you cant go past linux or unix, which supports "Open office" (which is also free). Linux is free, very powerful, and wont ever force you or your business to buy a piece of crap memory chewing bugged to shit OS like vista just because they can.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZD7QraljRfM&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xC5uEe5OzNQ&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y&feature=related

Now that is how an OS should be. Besides the fact everything runs on it 20 times faster.
Battery's not included. :)[/url]

leo

Re: errors

Post by leo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:15 am

Mark wrote:when I post I never see or am offered the X option, even with a post that is only a minute old.
Very strange for me the X seems to hold for abouth 4 weeks.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:19 am

Irvine.J wrote:if you really want to delve into high end error free processing
I don't. I don't give a f*** for processing. I just want to conduct my business and have some fun in the intermissions. Like 98 percent other people on the planet who sit in front of the computer screen. Who made Microsoft vastly rich by buying product after MS product over some 20 years and using them without major complaint.

If MS didn't work well, how on Earth would it manage not just to compete on the hotly contested market, but also earn ridiculous profits -- despite the fact that many competing products cost nothing to buy?

All the available evidence (plus long personal experience) tells me the guys at Redmond have been doing something right over the past two decades. You just can't fool people all the time. In the long run, you got to deliver.

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:48 am

I just want to conduct my business and have some fun in the intermissions. Like 98 percent other people on the planet who sit in front of the computer screen.
You may not care, neither does my father its just whats available at the shops...its paid to be put there. The new generation including my kids will need and want that high end processing power to develop new tools and ideas.

You can tell that theres nothing wrong with microsoft to the 545614263 uni students and children with massive assignments and final thesis papers who loose them due to some *donk* error, that there is nothing wrong with microsoft... i'm sure they disagree. We grew up in different times bruno, chances are my kids will know a lot more then we both do, working on things we haven't even thought of. 90% of PC users are gamers, and programmers, its what they do, they constantly need more to do more, its just how it works.

98%, of people are physically scared of linux, they dont like it, never try it, and dont want to. So how would they know what they are missing out on?

Todays world demands (depending on your walk of life) high end processing capabilities. Otherwise why the hell have they gone from a 286 to a P4, heck why aren't we satisfied playing pong on our atari or typing on our monochrome Microbee. As technology progresses needs change.
To answer your question,
If MS didn't work well, how on Earth would it manage not just to compete on the hotly contested market, but also earn ridiculous profits -- despite the fact that many competing products cost nothing to buy?
They have so much money that they just go around buying everyone else's software companies, and the assimilating it into there programs...
Most of it isn't even theres.

I think we are going to disagree, needs are personal, as are opinions, everyone have different pc needs so i guess that its up to the individual.