A theory-inclined "noob"'s plea

Moderator: Mike Everman

RTH
Antipspambot question: 0

A theory-inclined "noob"'s plea

Post by RTH » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:36 pm

As this post is my first, it may seem impertinent that I have a suggestion; and of course I do not wish to antagonise any of the more experienced members. However, through my browsing (approximately a month) I notice there is no forum dedicated to theory, and perhaps weirdly, I am interested in the theory of pulsejets rather than the "make a loud noise" aspect.

From the utterances of many, I see that the theory is nigh impossible to understand, because thermodynamics in a semi-chaotic system is hard t model. I enjoy Maths and Physics, personally, and because I am going into the Sixth Form soon, I could probably ask a sympathetic teacher to explain it.

Also, I ask this of you: surely if we do not make an attempt to understand it, then we shall not improve our knowledge? Surely if we do not increase in knowledge, then we cannot improve?

Jim Berquist

Theory

Post by Jim Berquist » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:22 pm

I Speek only as a Member.

RTH: We Do!

We call it "Off Topic" That means " None Specific " You can propose any and all Ideas you want in your vary own thread and people will respond, if they wish! Off Topic covers all ground. If you have a Idea or Theory you wish to air or receive feed back on , just post it.

It is not handed to you on a platter, but we have individuals that are quite savi with computer modeling. Way above me and many people. At fist someone may think this Forum is just a few Geaky, Hobby going types with a preponderance to make noise and maybe fly a model or two. Wrong ! Wrong. ! There are individuals here that have back grounds that rival any JPL, NASA and other higher level AeroSpace Personalities.!

Jim

Notice the External Links provided by this site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_jet
WHAT TO FRAP, IT WORKED![url=callto://james.a.berquist]Image[/url]

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:00 am

Presentation is Everything

RTH

Post by RTH » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:57 pm

Thank you for your swift reply; I shall look at the "Off Topic" forum in more detail (I thought it was more of a social nature). Thanks for the link, but I am already a Wikipedia addict and it was my first port of call.

Also, sorry if I offended you by suggesting that it was mainly hobbyists - you seem quite irritated which, I assure you, was not my intention. Thanks, Mark, for the link.

Jim Berquist

Post by Jim Berquist » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Sorry No Offence taken or intended from my end. Welcome the the Forum.

Jim

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:18 pm

I thought the OT was for things of a more general nature?

Surely any theory will be lost amid all the general topics in there?

I think the OP had a point...
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Jim Berquist

Theory

Post by Jim Berquist » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:09 pm

Then He could open a thread within the subject most closely associated with it. Wouldn't that Float?

Jim