Why Not Have a Buy/Sell/Trade Forum?

Moderator: Mike Everman

larry cottrill
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by larry cottrill » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:45 pm

Well, Mike, this is bound to be controversial, but here goes:

Why not set up a forum for those who would like to buy, sell or trade the fruits of their pulsejet building skills? This would get the 'sales offer' posts away from the technical forums, and provide a 'one stop shopping' zone for everyone. It would especially be nice for newbies wanting to buy something to start out with (or for others who would just "rather buy than build"). Segregating this into one place would make it easy to monitor and moderate. Appropriate products / services / information offerings could be made as narrow or broad as you wish (or as some consensus of respondents demands).

This would provide a venue for things like Eric's engines, experimental parts like fuel stingers, drawing (or other file) collections on CDs, ads for paid downloads or whatever. Things allowed could be engines, parts, plans & documents (original or public domain), model vehicle related stuff, whatever. Items banned could be "political" junk, "adult" junk, warheads, how-tos on targeting, etc. Yes ... lots of decisions would have to be made on allowable content, but most of it is already tacitly agreed on, or encapsulated in the "common sense" of using the forums.

So, what do you all think? You may begin throwing bricks now, gentlemen ...

L Cottrill

mag

Post by mag » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:02 pm

Great idea! So everyone could sell the parts hes not longer needing!
Trust me, I know what I´m doing... o_O

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:16 pm

I'll consider it!
I'm planning on eventually selling some hard to find stuff, starter kits, meet DVD's and whatever else I can think of. A forum for that stuff would be good.
Mike

_Rahul_

Post by _Rahul_ » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:51 pm

"Thumbs up to this" ..
[url=callto://ralph_10019]Image[/url]