New Members

Moderator: Mike Everman

Charles

Re: New Members

Post by Charles » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:33 pm

Hey all,

I'm Charlie, 28 from middle England mainly a computer operator but moving into sheet materials and welding for something different in my life. Would love to be able to do half the stuff the chaps do on "Orange County Choppers" which is what started me out tbh a few years back when we had cable..

I left it for a few years carrying-on working and such, saved up some monies and now getting started in jet propulsion, have to say I'm most in love with Nikola Tesla and a few other greats in our world :)

I'll keep it short, hehe But honestly.. I'm simply mental about detail when it comes to showing work to others and a full-on eccentric dude always up for brain storming.

Nice to meet you all,
Charlie :mrgreen:

ace_fedde
Antipspambot question: 0

Totally infected!

Post by ace_fedde » Sun May 24, 2009 3:09 pm

I remember when I was a kid my mother send me to play with another kid who was ill from one of the children’s diseases.
Why?
Because for a couple of times I was affected by this disease but I didn’t really get ill. So she send me there to get really ill to get it over with.

The same thing I did to myself this weekend. For over a year I’m affected by the pulse jet virus through reading and studying the forum. But nothing really happened, no pulse jet build. :oops:

So this weekend I bought a pulse jet to get it over with. :D I went to Metiz and he infected me completely with this strange, and probably incurable, virus! :lol: :lol:

Haha! Welcome to myself! :D Thanks Metiz, but when the xxxx are you gonna post that video? :evil:

Fedde :D :D :D
Your scepticism is fuel for my brain.

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by luc » Mon May 25, 2009 12:33 pm

He he he ... :lol:

Welcome to you two ... :)

Nine years that I have been infected ... So infected that I started a business that live out of it :roll:

Not saying that aeronatics is a 3 generation disease :lol: In ma family and the disease got me the first time my eyes saw an airplane ... Hooo welll :roll:

Point of note for you two guys ... You never get ride of that damn virus. So stop fighting the infection and start BUILDING ... :lol:

Cya around,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

iassad

Post by iassad » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:09 am

Hi,

I would like to say hi to all the fans of pulsejets ;-)

I am Iyad, I live in Zurich and work as a Software Engineer. I become aware of pulsejet engines two to three years ago. I tried at that time to run one but failed :-( I became busy after that so I stopped. I wold love to retry again when I have time so I joined this forum. I believe your experience is invaluable.

Thanks,

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Welcome! I visited your beautiful city some time ago and ran a pulsejet at midnight on the parapet of the ETH. Big fun! Love Switzerland!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3085&p=37932&hilit= ... and#p37932
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

iassad

Post by iassad » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:04 am

That's nice :-) I wish I attended ;-)

By the way, I want to buy Eric's CD (and a ready PJ if he has one). I tried to contact him by email and also via private messages in this forum but didn't get a reply from him. It seems like he got a lot of spam and can't see my emails/messages :-(

Anyone knows what is his preferred way of contact?

Thanks a lot.

ace_fedde

Post by ace_fedde » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:34 am

Hi

Maybe you can try to contact here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5243
I'm also curious about the cd.

Ther's a couple motor's for sale on the forum:
viewforum.php?f=19
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4842
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4658

Fedde

newbieflyer

Post by newbieflyer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:38 am

Hi there!
I'm from Beijing, China.
My interest in loud stuff and flying stuff began in the Spring Festival (Chinese New Year). I broke up fireworks and made bombs and rockets. A month ago I was trying to make alcohol bombs, when I stumbled on this pulsejet site. I finally had something to fiddle with! But I know nothing of welding and sawing, so please reply to viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5385 what you think is the best no-weld pulsejet design.

ace_fedde

Post by ace_fedde » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:49 am

Welcome!!
Please stop making bombs :( and start make PJ's!
I think you should start simple, like the pipewood, and then you might try your own design!

Fedde

luc

Post by luc » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Welcome newbieflyer,

Actually ... Ace is right ...
ace_fedde wrote:Welcome!!
Please stop making bombs :( and start make PJ's!
I think you should start simple, like the pipewood, and then you might try your own design!

Fedde
You can easyly build your self a nice valveless PJ using simple threaded pipes of different size, shape amd lenght for all these is now available these days.

Not that it will fly, but you will shure scare the shit out of peoples around you, threaded pipes are so thick, that it will forgive your ... "Newbie" mistakes ... He he he .... :lol: and you will have your first PJ.

Again, welcome and good luck with your project.
Luc
Designer & Inventor

jakodlare

Post by jakodlare » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Just saying hi!

I'm into building gas turbines out of used truck turbochargers.

My goal is to build a gas turbine powered outboard engine.

luc

Post by luc » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:07 pm

jakodlare wrote:Just saying hi!

I'm into building gas turbines out of used truck turbochargers.

My goal is to build a gas turbine powered outboard engine.
Hi 2U2 and welcome,

I am into building PulseRam and also gas turbines to sell as high performance meat blender for house wifes ... :lol:

Again, welcome and have fun here with us,

Cheers,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

ace_fedde

Post by ace_fedde » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:24 pm

luc wrote: I am into building PulseRam and also gas turbines to sell as high performance meat blender for house wifes ... :lol:
Uh :roll: , Luc, do you mean meat blenders for the house wives to use, or meat blenders to blend the meat of house wives?

Fedde
Last edited by ace_fedde on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luc

Post by luc » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:58 pm

ace_fedde wrote:[
Mouaaaahahahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a good one I have to admit ... :wink:

What ever you want ... As long as it blends meat ... Wife or Beef (Often the same I would say ...) He he he :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

m1tch

Post by m1tch » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:34 am

Hi there, I seem to have missed this section when I joined! oop! lol

My name is David, im 22, I live in the UK and work in a bank - need some more excitement in my life lol

Im into Drag racing and do race down Santapod when I can :) the aim is to run a pulsejet dragster down there one day, but I need to start smaller!

I would just like to thank everyone who is helping me with learning about pulse jets :) I find them facinating how you can annoy the neibours/make flames from a tube you can see right through :) awesome lol